DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
DavidRoss
Mouseketeer

When do 2014 points charts come out?

Hi,

Does anyone know when 2014 points charts come out? I am looking at booking at Grand Californian but have noticed in recent years that during some months, the days jump to different seasons than comparable years.
DavidRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Well, last year they did reallocations of points for BLT and SSR. We knew they were coming, but it was about a year in advance that they were released. They have to be out in time for 11 month booking for January, so I would expect them by years end.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Absolute latest would be around January 26, 2013. That's the first date on which a member could make an 11-month reservation which started on December 26, 2013 and ran through January 1, 2014.

Several times in recent years DVC waited until virtually the last possible minute to release the point charts.

In late 2011 DVC announced that there would be some tweaks to the point charts for 2013. However no specifics were provided at that time and the charts themselves were not released until the second week of January '12.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Absolute latest would be around January 26, 2013. That's the first date on which a member could make an 11-month reservation which started on December 26, 2013 and ran through January 1, 2014.

Several times in recent years DVC waited until virtually the last possible minute to release the point charts.

In late 2011 DVC announced that there would be some tweaks to the point charts for 2013. However no specifics were provided at that time and the charts themselves were not released until the second week of January '12.
I remember waiting and waiting as we were in the process of buying, but I didn't want to specify, because I couldn't remember if it was late Dec or early Jan, but now that you say that, I do remember it being January. I don't know why it wouldn't be released earlier this year if they are not changing any points allocations.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
E2ME2
ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
I remember waiting and waiting as we were in the process of buying, but I didn't want to specify, because I couldn't remember if it was late Dec or early Jan, but now that you say that, I do remember it being January. I don't know why it wouldn't be released earlier this year if they are not changing any points allocations.
The only "Non-Positive" vibe I have about DVC, is the 11-month/7-month windows, and the delay in the points charts. I knew this would be my own personal point of anxiety, as I am a planner by trade & by nature, and I'm already planning vacations in my mind for 2015 & 2016. (I literally do rough 5-year plans for everything).
That said - I am a very happy DVC owner (1st DVC trip is in January 2013). But the planner in me would like to see them look a little further ahead in their planning horizons.
BWV - January 2014
Coming Up:
AULANI - January 2015

E2ME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRoss View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know when 2014 points charts come out? I am looking at booking at Grand Californian but have noticed in recent years that during some months, the days jump to different seasons than comparable years.
AFAIK, the only days that "jump to different seasons" are the weeks surrounding Easter and the days around Thanksgiving. That's because those Holidays move around from year to year. If you compare the charts for a few years, the pattern is easy to predict.

So for any DVC resort, you can easily use the current chart for planning.

You may need to adjust for Easter if you visit during the spring and for Thanksgiving if you are traveling that week.

But otherwise, no difference between the years unless DVC decides a reallocation is needed. Reallocations have been relatively rare over the years and I do not think we will see one for 2014.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

The VGC charts do move around more than the WDW resorts. They also only have 4 seasons instead of 5.

For example, In 2011, January 1 was premier, January 2 to 31 was adventure season. In 2012, January 1 to 7 was premier season, January 8 to 31 was adventure season. In 2013, January 1 to 5 is premier, January 6 to 31 is adventure.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
wdrl
DIS Veteran

It would not surprise me if Aulani's point chart undergoes a reallocation for 2014. Actually, I'd be more surprised if Aulani doesn't have a reallocation. DVD is converting a Unit that contains a Grand Villa into a Commercial Unit, thereby eliminating 46,343 points from the point chart. By itself, that conversion would require only a minor tweaking of the charts and could conceivably impact only the point charges for the Grand Villas. However, I suspect DVD is considering reclassifying the view categories of some vacation homes, particularly the odd-numbered Ocean View villas in the Waianae Building.

If DVD downgrades some Waianae Ocean View Vacation Homes to the Island View category, it will result in more than a minor point increase in Aulani's point chart. Of course, one way to offset this increase is by reclassifying some of the Island View Vacation Homes in the newly opened Phase 3 Ewa Buildings to Ocean View.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: