Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #1351
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Great attitude! We were there last week, and even tho the construction is very evident, we never really heard it, or let it bother us. We kept remembering that, after all, we WERE at the GF!!
Good to know, DreamCruiser -- Thanks! On another note, those new 3d luggage tags are cool. I got both Mickey and ME mail on Saturday -- that made my weekend. And seeing my tagline here now saying the number of weeks instead of months -- yippie, skippy, it is time to go see Mickey!

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1352
cgulls
Mouseketeer

These are some fun photos of the new water play area. Now, if only they'd get rid of those blue walls.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...d-now-open.htm
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #1353
cgulls
Mouseketeer

and more photos of blue walls and other things

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9992
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #1354
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
and more photos of blue walls and other things

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9992
Great pics cgulls, thanks!

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #1355
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Good to know, DreamCruiser -- Thanks! On another note, those new 3d luggage tags are cool. I got both Mickey and ME mail on Saturday -- that made my weekend. And seeing my tagline here now saying the number of weeks instead of months -- yippie, skippy, it is time to go see Mickey!

Tom
What are the 3d luggage tags? I just got yellow strips in my ME mail.

I did online check-in this morning and requested Big Pine Key. Was that a good idea? I suddenly got stage fright when it asked for special requests!

Jill
Old 09-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #1356
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
What are the 3d luggage tags? I just got yellow strips in my ME mail.

I did online check-in this morning and requested Big Pine Key. Was that a good idea? I suddenly got stage fright when it asked for special requests!

Jill
Jill - the 3d luggage tags were from Disney World, not DME - they have a 3d image of Mickey on them. The DME were just the plain yellow ones that arrived in separate mail.

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #1357
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thanks, it's much better now DH said at least it happened AFTER our trip this time

Netflix for you for awhile young lady I myself prefer a movie on my couch...
Glad your leg is better. LOL about Netflix.

Quote:
Who says I'm trying to ruin good times -- I'm being a concerned friend making sure my fellow GF traveler is able to enjoy her workouts!!! Did I just say enjoy and workout in same sentence? Someone smack me right now!

Tom

Cool about the Mickey & ME mail - nice ME sent extra vouchers for you to pick up your niece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Great attitude! We were there last week, and even tho the construction is very evident, we never really heard it, or let it bother us. We kept remembering that, after all, we WERE at the GF!!
Glad your trip went well and the construction didn't impact you much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post

Jill
I'm not sure I'd want to request Big Pine right now - it overlooks the DVC construction on the lagoon side and the courtyard pool construction on the garden view side. If you have garden view, I think I'd request Sago Cay or Conch Key marina view. With a Conch Key request, you still have a chance of getting the courtyard construction view, so I might ask for Sago.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #1358
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I went up to M Mercantile and they do sell single bottles of beer.

I also saw that they had cases of small small Dasani water bottles for sale.
Thanks for the beer photo! DH is a beer snob, so the Bud will never do, but he can survive with the Heiniken and Corona. A case of Dasani wouldn't be nice to keep in the room too.

Cgulls, thanks for posting the easywdw link. I so love Josh's website! Those pictures do show a lot of walls up, inside and out. Clearly, breakfast is going to be a problem. Not only are there no pancakes or waffles, there is no sausage either. Wow, the kid's menu consists of 2 options 1. French toast and Bacon- which DD won't eat or 2. Scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes (which to me sounds like a bunch of side items thrown together- at least DD will eat the eggs though. I wonder if they will just sell the eggs separately? ). Not that the adult menu is much better, but DH and I mostly just do a croissant or muffin anyway, so it is no big deal to us. I actually think the lunch/dinner menus look okay even though we probably won't eat those meals at CS resort. It will be interesting to see whether Mizner's is open until 12:00 or 2:00 a.m. since they are posting both.

I'm laughing about the fitness center now being in a tent! Well, at least it's air conditioned! I've been in one of those fancy tents before and they really aren't that bad. They could have just closed the center, so it is nice they made an effort to keep it open. But hey...if anyone wants to use the tent as an excuse not to work out..

I keep telling myself to think of Christmas trees and Gingerbread houses! Really, during the Holiday season does anything matter but that gorgeous lobby? If it wasn't the holiday season, we'd probably move, but I think we will stay put. BCV23 maybe I will call on club level, but considering they have been booting people out of club level in the main building and moving them out to Sugar Loaf or even other resorts due to the construction, I think it is pretty unlikely. I'll let DD order a Mickey waffle or pancakes from room service at least once or twice. The rest of the time she will just have to make do! I've told her no whining about breakfast!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #1359
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Glad your leg is better. LOL about Netflix.

Cool about the Mickey & ME mail - nice ME sent extra vouchers for you to pick up your niece.

Glad your trip went well and the construction didn't impact you much.

I'm not sure I'd want to request Big Pine right now - it overlooks the DVC construction on the lagoon side and the courtyard pool construction on the garden view side. If you have garden view, I think I'd request Sago Cay or Conch Key marina view. With a Conch Key request, you still have a chance of getting the courtyard construction view, so I might ask for Sago.

Thanks k&a&c'smom - I think we will request Sago Cay Marina view if that won't seem like too much of an free upgrade from Garden View. From the look of the resort map, is there a chance that view also has a slight TPV as well?

TIA,

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #1360
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Thanks k&a&c'smom - I think we will request Sago Cay Marina view if that won't seem like too much of an free upgrade from Garden View. From the look of the resort map, is there a chance that view also has a slight TPV as well?

TIA,

Tom
Marina view is not an upgrade so don't worry about that. We've had gardenview rooms overlooking the marina in Conch Key and Sago Cay and haven't been able to see the MK. Love that location though even when there is no construction.

Forgot to add the other day that the prints with the sand pails are by David Doss. We have a numbered giclee print of his from the Art of Disney store in Epcot. Ours is of Mickey and Minnie in lounge chairs on the Polynesian beach with a Tiki and a pail that reads Disney's Polynesian resort. Love his work.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #1361
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Ugh, I am so bad at last minute decisions. I always pick the EXACT wrong thing I was thinking close to the Poly walk way, beach pool and the main building. Where is the Alice play area? It is hard to tell from the pictures since I have never stayed there before.

I may just stay there, I am sometimes fascinated with construction (I know, I am weird)...Maybe they will give me extra coffee since I am being a construction trooper Oh, that reminds me...They have a little fridge in all the rooms, correct? What about to go cups for coffee in the room...I take my coffee drinking very serious!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #1362
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Marina view is not an upgrade so don't worry about that. We've had gardenview rooms overlooking the marina in Conch Key and Sago Cay and haven't been able to see the MK. Love that location though even when there is no construction.

Forgot to add the other day that the prints with the sand pails are by David Doss. We have a numbered giclee print of his from the Art of Disney store in Epcot. Ours is of Mickey and Minnie in lounge chairs on the Polynesian beach with a Tiki and a pail that reads Disney's Polynesian resort. Love his work.
Thanks BCV23-I didn't realize they were the same category. I've been doing a collection of Larry Dotson resort prints -- I actually started liking his stuff when I bought one in Maui years ago -- now, I try to get one of his small prints each stay, eventually they will be a DW wall of remembrance at the beach house.

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #1363
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Thanks BCV23-I didn't realize they were the same category. I've been doing a collection of Larry Dotson resort prints -- I actually started liking his stuff when I bought one in Maui years ago -- now, I try to get one of his small prints each stay, eventually they will be a DW wall of remembrance at the beach house.

Tom
What a great idea. I like his things, too, but we don't have any.

jillmc40, I enjoy watching the progress of construction, too. Two of us anyway. Yes, there are small refrigerators in the dressers. No to go cups last I knew. There are ceramic mugs to enjoy the coffee in your room or balcony. The Alice play area is by the Beach Pool. Sort of between it and Big Pine Key if I'm interpreting the photos correctly.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1364
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

jillmc40 - Big Pine isn't a bad choice if you want to be near all those things, I simply wanted you to be aware. I know what you mean about last minute choices, I get menu anxiety and blurt out the wrong thing to the waiter. BCV23 is exactly right, the splash zone is between the Summerhouse landing and beach pool - I think you can see that area on the map on page 1.

KonaKaiTom - We finally had a room in Sago last year and enjoyed the view very much. It faces the GF rather than MK on that side, so it's unlikely you'll have a MK view, but maybe they will upgrade! It's a bit out of the way from the pools, but right now that's a good thing and you would be close to the bus stop.

Here are photos of our marina view in Sago, 2nd floor:

Looking right, Sugar Loaf and Main Building, marina

Straight ahead, Conch Key left, Sugar Loaf right

Conch Key behind the trees!

And here are photos of the view out the back side of Sago Cay, looking at the monorail:
Left, looking toward the Convention Center

Straight ahead

Looking toward the MK
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #1365
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

Thanks for the info. We love the prints of the resorts, I need to start paying more attention to the art all over the World. I'm so forgetful, we aren't big on buying souvenirs in general but I love that type of thing. Something you can put in your home to remind you of your travels.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: