DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

Online check-in: Multiple credit cards

Can you list multiple credit cards at online check-in? We are traveling soon with my parents and my MIL. I'd like my parents' credit card linked to their KTTWs and my MIL's credit card to her KTTW. Or can I just do online check-in and change it at check-in? Thanks!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Online check-in only allows you to enter one credit card that will be used for all KTTW cards.

You would need to go to a regular check-in line at the resort to get the KTTW cards setup for charging to different credit cards which (in your case) defeats the purpose of using online check-in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
marynvince
DIS Veteran

THere have been multiple instances of fraud when putting a credit card on your KTTW card. There is no advantage and the possibility of fraud, in my opinion the risk is not worth it. The inconveinence of carrying an extra cc around is worth the added security.
marynvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Ali
DIS Veteran

I did online check in for my current stay at BWV and I think the convenience of driving up, giving the valet the key, giving the bags to the bell people, being met by a cheerful cm who greeted us and told us to have a seat in the lobby while she picked up our packet and then going on to our room without ever standing in a line is worth the minuscule chance of identity fraud. I love online check in.

I really didn't know they could put different credit cards on the room. Has anyone done that?
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynvince View Post
THere have been multiple instances of fraud when putting a credit card on your KTTW card. There is no advantage and the possibility of fraud, in my opinion the risk is not worth it. The inconveinence of carrying an extra cc around is worth the added security.
This can happen anywhere you use a credit/debit card. Do you use your credit/debit card at gas stations and atms? That's where most skimming takes place.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
This can happen anywhere you use a credit/debit card. Do you use your credit/debit card at gas stations and atms? That's where most skimming takes place.
Restaurants are another place where employees have been known to skim a credit card after the customer hands it over to pay their bill. I would rather hand over my card once at check-in rather than at each restaurant we visit while at WDW.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If you're worried about skimming, online check-in is safer than doing it at check-in. When you do it online, the numbers are not visible to the CMs at the resort. They see there is a credit card linked, but not the full CC number.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. I've always used online check-in and probably will just do that and can change cards if we decide it is an issue.

As for security, I guess I don't see how the chance of fraud is any worse with KTTW than a regular credit card. Someone, somewhere is entering a credit amount. Not sure how that differs from a CC or a KTTW. Now giving my kids' charging privileges could be problematic and raise some safety concerns, but that is a different issue!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: