Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Josh Sense
Earning My Ears

I'm at the Swan. Now. (Sept 23-28)

The flight wasn't bad, except that a passenger a few rows up from us threw up all over the plane when we landed.

The MEARS Shuttle ride from MCO to the SWAN took about 30 minutes. We made stops at the Hyatt and Hilton before being dropped off at the Swan.

The front desk staff so far has been superb!! (Maybe because I have the same last name as the young lady that checked us in.)

I got our room upgraded from standard to standard w/ balcony for free!!!!! We're on the 6th floor, with a perfect view of the lagoon where the friendship boats dock and depart.

The courtyards at the Swan are apparently all DSA's. Nice chairs and lounges surrounding the fountains.

We took the bus to Downtown Disney. On the way, they made an unscheduled stop because one of the other passengers got sick. They let them off at the gate to Yacht Club.

DTD seemed pretty bumping tonight, crowd wise, although I had never been to DTD before, and got lost/overwhelmed a little. Decided to give our feet a rest, and took the ferry from Marketplace across to West Side.

We got a walk-in table at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. Had great sushi and hands down the best Miso Soup we've had anywhere, and they made my girlfriend a "Shirley Temple."

Rode the ferry back to the marketplace, and took the buses back to the Swan.

Housekeeping just showed up with my coffee re-supply. Starbucks machine in our room = caffeine junkies.

around 1am, Walked over from the Swan to the Dolphin. Only ran into one couple having beers by the Dolphin fountain. Otherwise, it's a ghost town at this time of night.

Picabu is well stocked. The nice lady was happy to sell me Energy drinks!!

not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, but i'll keep y'all posted.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Ewww bummer that someone got sick on the plane then again on the bus. Score on the free upgrade! Have a great time today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: