Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #31
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. Is there a friend that could draft a clear, calm and concise letter to sprints Ceo requesting your son's voice message be restored? Understandably you're very emotional right now and probably not in the best frame of mind to deal with this successfully.
Poohforyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling.

I know you are hurting and upset. And you feel Sprint's customer service was horrible.

They made a mistake. From your perspective it was a horrific mistake. From their perspective it wasn't as significant.

They can't bring your son's voice recording back. They can't bring your son back. And that, I think, is the problem. You're angry about losing your son and focusing that anger on Sprint.

What do you want Sprint to do? How can you accomplish this? And will it satisfy you? You probably need someone who is not as emotionally involved as you are to deal with Sprint right now.

Can I ask the pertinent questions? Was your son's phone a line on your account or was it a separate account in his name? When you brought the phone in to the local office to be repaired did you tell them what had happened? And I'm not clear on how the phone got turned off. What exactly happened?

From what you said so far this sounds like a horrid mistake, but only a mistake. Not anything lawsuit worthy.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post

Put yourself in our shoes just for a minute and TRY to understand maybe then you'll understand half of what were feeling. I hope none of you have to go through this cause its HELL on earth.
My father and FIL are deceased and I never had any recordings of them-I dont feel like I am living a hell on earth because of it. i am willing to bet most deceased persons dont have a recording of their voice for loved ones.

OP-you really seem to be channelling all your anger of your son's death to this mistake-i really advise you get some counselling(hugs)

i also dont understand what the plan was-were you going to pay for theis phone forever to hear his voice? Why didnt you re-record it to another source?
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #34
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Lauri- was the account in your name or in your son's? I called my son to see if there was anything that you could do.

He said that would determine if you had any recourse, and he was not sure if there was any. If the account was in your name and the company lost the recording then you may be able to push for them to attempt to retrieve it. These recordings are gone as far as the company is concerned but there may be some sort of digital backup (he does not know for sure about Sprint). If there is it generally would be be a huge deal for the company to retrieve one but if they lost something so precious because of carelessness or negligence you may be able to make that happen.

If the account was in your son's name he doubts that the company will do more than apologize because as far as Sprint is concerned you do not have a "vested" interest in the account.

I saw this and feel so badly that you have lost one more link to your son. I do not understand the lack of compassion that has been sent your way by Sprint. I do not know what you have asked them to do in order to rectify their error but it seems to me that from what you have said whoever is speaking for this company has been very badly trained.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan4Me View Post
My father and FIL are deceased and I never had any recordings of them-I dont feel like I am living a hell on earth because of it. i am willing to bet most deceased persons dont have a recording of their voice for loved ones.

OP-you really seem to be channelling all your anger of your son's death to this mistake-i really advise you get some counselling(hugs)

i also dont understand what the plan was-were you going to pay for theis phone forever to hear his voice? Why didnt you re-record it to another source?
Ruth, altho I loved my father and FIL, I would hardly compare them to the loss of one of my children. Perhaps the OP didn't copy the recording YET as she wasn't expecting to lose the recording yet. If the loss of the only recording of her son (I'd say comparable to losing all pictures of a loved one...you do understand that many people say that what they'd grab in a fire is pictures?) is a hell she's feeling now, then what does that have to do with you and your losses? ETA: one more thing Ruth...it's not just not having the recording...it's having had it and lost it.

OP. I hope you can find some peace after this terrible loss; I can't even imagine what you're going through, and pray I never have to know.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry. I know how devastating that is. I lost my brother a few months ago and lost the texts he sent me the night before he died unexpectedly. When I found the texts were gone, it was like he died all over again. It is truly devastating.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #37
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Your anger is understandable, however, at this point all that can be done is break the contract. I would recommend having someone call on your behalf about this as your emotion is probably coming across in the phone conversations and you are not getting anywhere. You need someone to do this for you, give them your bill and account number and bill and have them take care of this for you. As far as I know this voicemail cannot be retrieved. This was not done on purpose to hurt you, no one who answers the phone is the one responsible for this error, and they are the ones bearing the brunt of your anger. Just from reading your responses, we are able to see your anger and there is no way that is going to help wen calling a customer service call center. I am so sorry this happened to you! I am sorry for the loss of your son!

Have someone else make this call for you.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #38
zarcar
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry for your loss Why don't you try emailing the CEO of Sprint? Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com You may get a much better response via email. Wishing you & your family some happier news <3
zarcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that hearing your precious son's voice once again would mean the world to you.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #40
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

I am very sorry for your loss.

Why don't you contact some of your son's friends and see if they have recordings? I don't know how old he was, but young people these days record all kinds of things. You may be able to turn something up. You could go through the address book/contacts on his phone (those should still be saved) and call or text people. Best of luck.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
I am very sorry for your loss.

Why don't you contact some of your son's friends and see if they have recordings? I don't know how old he was, but young people these days record all kinds of things. You may be able to turn something up. You could go through the address book/contacts on his phone (those should still be saved) and call or text people. Best of luck.
This is a good idea. I kept a voicemail from a friend for years after he passed. Several of my friends did as well. How old was your son? Was he in school plays? Team sports? I bet other parents have videos they could share.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #42
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
altho I loved my father and FIL, I would hardly compare them to the loss of one of my children. .
My point is most people who lose a loved one do not have a recording of their voice.

I was daddy's girl and losing him and how I was told was very traumatic experience for me, so I do know the pain of losing someone you love. I was away at college , first semester and had talked to him 2 days earlier when he dropped dead. I was in the midst of finals week, in class...it was a terrible time for me...so please dont tell me you can weigh pain and which is worse.
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #43
RitaZ.
Move on don't hesitate
Breakout

OP, I'm sorry for your loss. I have lost loved ones that were dear to me, but I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Hugs to you.
RitaZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope with every day that passes you will remember more and more of the wonderful memories of your son and your pain will be less every day.

To be baldly honest, what you have written about your difficulties with Sprint do not merit the filing of a lawsuit and I hope if you attempt to do so you will deal with a compassionate and ethical attorney who will convince you of that. I cannot imagine how precious that recording must be to you and I hope there is some way it can be retrieved. I do think you should prepare yourself that it may not be recovered and look for healthy ways to move on from that.

As some others have mentioned, I think you are fixating your grief on this because you are so overwhelmed. Because of this you're lashing out at others and maybe it might be most helpful if your sister, a close friend, someone who can remain more composed and businesslike might stand better odds at finding someone at Sprint who may be more cooperative & increase any slim chances you have of retrieving this recording. I wish you good luck at getting your recording back, and even more that very soon thoughts of your son will bring a smile to your face for the wonderful person he was.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #45
DawnM
Dawn

Well, then I pray you can find something from his friends to keep as his voice. It does sound like the Sprint voice recording is gone for good.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
A I state in original post it was the ONLY recording as we didnt take videos dont have anything like that.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: