Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

Magical Express to Dinner Resort?

Hi. We have a flight arriving at MCO at 8:30pm and want to head to the Poly for a few drinks and apps. Is it possible for us to take ME directly there and check-in at POP later? We did online check-in but our luggage is being checked so not sure if they would deliver luggage to a room that hadn't been "personally" checked in to. Or would they hold the luggage until we arrive and we can lug it to our rooms? Probably won't be late, just a drink or two...
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 24 Alexandra 17 and two steps ~ Shawn 25 Nichole 24

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
crashbb
DIS Veteran

No, you have to take the bus to our resort.

The only exception would be getting off at another resort that the bus to which you were assigned is also going. I've never heard that happening with Pop and Poly though.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
HappyDznyCamper
Happily camping since 1972
Was a witness to the great tag fest at the Fort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGirl View Post
Hi. We have a flight arriving at MCO at 8:30pm and want to head to the Poly for a few drinks and apps. Is it possible for us to take ME directly there and check-in at POP later? We did online check-in but our luggage is being checked so not sure if they would deliver luggage to a room that hadn't been "personally" checked in to. Or would they hold the luggage until we arrive and we can lug it to our rooms? Probably won't be late, just a drink or two...
to what was said about the bus, also keep in mind your luggage will be delivered to your room about 3 hours after you check in at the hotel. I would just take the bus to POP, check in, then maybe take a taxi to the Poly for dinner.
HappyDznyCamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGirl View Post
No, you will have to go to Pop first and check-in. ME will only deliver you to the resort you are registered at.

Your luggage will arrive in your room 3-4 hours after check-in.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Magical Express will only take you to your resort but, if the check in line there is long, you can leave the carryons with the bellhop and immediately head for dinner, returning later to check in.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

If MK is open late that night, just go to Pop, get checked in, and then go to the MK, and either boat or monorail over to the Polynesian. Then, again depending on park hours, head back to MK (or another park that is open) and transfer to the Pop bus...or take a cab.
I'm not sure I would go to all that bother. But, that's just me.
But long story short? You have to take the DME bus to the resort you are staying at. And there is little to no chance that the Polynesian would be on the same route as Pop.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: