|09-24-2012, 06:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Here right now!
Hey everyone. Thought I'd do a wee quick report of my trip so far, including observations...
1) Virgin flight from Glasgow to MCO was ok. Nothing I'd race to repeat, they had no gluten free/egg free snacks on the flight so in the 8hrs ad 55mins we were on the flight I only had the gluten free meal. A crew member grudgingly passed me a but of fruit towards the end. Also, they slammed the trolly into my arm rest (have a bruise on my arm) and looked all a bit grumpy to be honest. However it's a flying box to get me here!!
2) close to 2hrs at MCO immigration the Gatwick flight had landed just moments before us so was very busy.
3) did MK when we arrived as it was open until 11pm, walked on Thunder and the Haunted Mansion. Grabbed a hot dog (yummy) and then I subjected the boyfriend to IASM in fantasy land. The crane is up but currently not in front of the castle, it is sitting to the right towards tomorrowland.
4) yesterday was the first full day. Went to HS and I overcame my fear of ToT again most rides were walk on, 23 wait (I counted) for RnR and board said 40. After HS went back to POR ad jumped in the car and went to the outlets. I treated myself to a Coach bag and purse then back to WDW to MK. MK was busy yesterday avo, it was evening emh so possibly explains it. We did Space and Splash, walked around, grabbed a frozen lemonade and took the bus home.
5) dinner was at the POR CS place and was rather yummy. I did the make your own pasta (minus the pasta) and grabbed some carrots with it in place of the dessert. Both DBF and I were shattered and went to bed early!! It's Animal Kingdom today.
Some observations whilst I've been milling around. The number of people on ECVs is astonishing, I'm not going to judge if they really need them or not, however I have noticed that people you would expect to be in a scooter are in their own wheelchairs or travel devices.
Buggy rage seems to be rife. Not sure where the fire was yesterday but I nearly was squished by a man running with a double buggy through frontier land. Loads of moms with teeny babies in their arms and fathers pushing a chair full of shopping.
The parks are quite quiet, TSM had a standby wait of 40 mins yesterday at 11am which I'm told is good.
Off to animal kingdom today so lets see what it brings!!!
|09-24-2012, 06:42 AM||#2|
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dewsbury, UK
Great to have an update.
We were totally the opposite for Immigration in July, we were on the Manchester flight and arrived just infront of the Gatwick plane, we were also in PE so first off, From touchdown to leaving the parking garage it took us 40 mins, I doubt its possible to do immigration, collect luggage and collect a car much faster.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|