DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueferral View Post
Brian,
there have been a few sales that have gone through at 60 per point for AKL. Not many and usually with more than the 100 points I'm looking for. So, if I jump on it around 65.00 per point is more reasonable.

As to the initial investment. Would I be investing that in something else. Probably not. I'd be dropping it on a Disney cruise or an Adventures by Disney. So, a long term vacation possibility or a one time adventure or two cruises.

The dues I am not paying will pay down the capital investment in 4 to 5 years. I think that rentals in the $10 per point will pay that off even with increases in dues. After that its a wash. I'll either use them or rent them because my personal expenses should be less.
I'm sure it sounds all well and good and not going to dispute numbers with you. But ask yourself two questions. First, do you have or know someone who is going to be renting from you on a regular (yearly) basis? If not, then are you prepared to do the legwork and take the risk of someone causing damage to the room while renting from you? Second, what if in 3 years Disney does identify you as a commercial renter? What then?

Just my 2 cents, but I think there are safer investments that involve some risk to get a better return. It's a big gamble to "invest" in a prepaid vacation system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: