DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
TheUnknownComic
Mouseketeer

Bcv

I'll be heading out solo late February and got a 7 month out week at BCV with SSR points. Never been to this resort before. Anything "SPECIAL" about it? Been lots of times so touring not as important to relaxing more important
TheUnknownComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

then would try for higher and one with a bigger balcony.

kept in mind the road (the one you travel on) is on 2 sides - and the service road for Epcot pavillion is on one other. so noise can be a problem. but love it so never even choiced the noise.

where the noise is - is where the fireworks are....

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Special things are the pool Stormalong Bay and the extremely close proximity to the back entrance to Epcot. Really like the dining choices that are nearby. The view from the beach, looking toward Boardwalk is awesome. We love it there. Enjoy your stay!!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
MomofStitchandLewis
Mouseketeer

I agree that the pool there is the BEST! It has a sand bottom, a lazy river and lots of space. It is perfect for relaxing. It also has a super water slide that you might enjoy if you feel the need to be invigorated.

Oh and not to forget "Beaches & Cream" - the soda shop by the pool. A great place to go for a quick bite or better yet, a big sundae which for me is a crucial part of relaxing.

Plus you can stroll the Boardwalk for a meal or just to relax. They even have a campfire on some nights at the beach & make smores.

You will definitely get that R & R in there. Enjoy!
MomofStitchandLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
twotoohappy
Lovin' Pete!
I'll be the one in the evil scar shirt... he he he
Don't bother clapping, it gives the TF a headache ;-)

The pools, food and cast members are great. The pull out couch is beyond horrible (it's the old type that has the springs and the bar that kills my back). I can't wait until they get the nice memory foam ones!
twotoohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoohappy View Post
The pools, food and cast members are great. The pull out couch is beyond horrible (it's the old type that has the springs and the bar that kills my back). I can't wait until they get the nice memory foam ones!
Love the pull out couches at BCV / BWV / SSR and you will too after you've experienced the 3 inch foam mattress board called a pull out at BLT / AKL = don't plan on being comfortable on those unless you're under 80 pounds or sleep on plywood at home.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

The best part is that 5 minute walk over to the International Gateway. If you like World Showcase at all, I think you will be very happy.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
twotoohappy
Lovin' Pete!
I'll be the one in the evil scar shirt... he he he
Don't bother clapping, it gives the TF a headache ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld

Love the pull out couches at BCV / BWV / SSR and you will too after you've experienced the 3 inch foam mattress board called a pull out at BLT / AKL = don't plan on being comfortable on those unless you're under 80 pounds or sleep on plywood at home.
I like the new pullout couches at BWV. Kidani was comfortable for us. I'm not sure when BCV is due for an upgrade but it's starting to look a little rundown. Housekeeping at BCV was super and sent us up a blowup mattress and that worked great. BCV is all about location
twotoohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoohappy View Post
Our pullout at BCV even in late 2008 was the same kind as they now have at BWV. The one that stores the pillows in the bed. My goddaughter thought it was fine.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
clc053103
DIS Veteran

We are headed back From a split stay BLT/BCV.

Hurricane Hanna's, pool slide and the gym were all closed. The entire time we were there they only had one pool server, as the others reportedly call out all the time.. We had a two bedroom villa, which is tiny compared to BLT, and has little to no drawer space. Bathroom and kitchen were cleaned but it looked like it hasn't been dusted in weeks.

Our room was 3rd floor backing to water and the quiet pool. Avoid this area, as every night around 10 it became very loud, even from the third floor. We called it the Hillbilly Hot Tub.

Needless to say, we won't be back.
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
clc053103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

Hi TUC. It is Sue (koms1). We have been at BCV 2X. The last time was just a little over a week ago. See about facing in towards quiet pool. They were replacing the mattresses when we were there. We like the pool, Beaches and Cream. Great place to relax.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
smiller
DIS Veteran

I recommend relaxing in the Drawing Room, Breezeway, and Solarium. Lovely places to escape to.

I also love simply wandering the hallways and exiting out of random (non-emergency exit) doors and it's fun to see where you end up! I've exited right into some bushes once, and another time discovered the sand volleyball court.

Late night dips in the hot tub and quiet pool are wonderful as well. My ideal way to end an evening. One trip we had a first floor quiet pool view - it was great to sneak out the patio door right to the pool!

The past few times I have been there, Beach Club Marketplace has had flavored syrups at the beverage counter - perfect for a vanilla Coke or an addition to coffee.

BCV has such a light, airy feeling to it; you will have a wonderfully relaxing vacation!
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
TheUnknownComic
Mouseketeer

Just was at YC and loved the pool and also stay at BWV but BC pool was cool though slide, HH's, were closed to. Hardly ever filled mugs, to far to walk all the way to BC after all day walking. Well first for me so will give MHO when I get back.
TheUnknownComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
We are headed back From a split stay BLT/BCV.

Hurricane Hanna's, pool slide and the gym were all closed. The entire time we were there they only had one pool server, as the others reportedly call out all the time.. We had a two bedroom villa, which is tiny compared to BLT, and has little to no drawer space. Bathroom and kitchen were cleaned but it looked like it hasn't been dusted in weeks.

Our room was 3rd floor backing to water and the quiet pool. Avoid this area, as every night around 10 it became very loud, even from the third floor. We called it the Hillbilly Hot Tub.

Needless to say, we won't be back.
That is probably a good thing for those of us who love the BCV, because your post is just plain rude with a lot of complaining. We have been here for 7 days and also have a pool view from the 5th floor. It has been relatively quiet in the evenings the entire week.
We used the hot tub all week so I guess we must be some of the hillbillies. I used my Redneck wine glass for the Hillbilly Hot Tub...an empty water bottle with my favorite beverage.

The Clampetts
Jed, Ellie May, Jethro, and Granny
Candlelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelady View Post
That is probably a good thing for those of us who love the BCV, because your post is just plain rude with a lot of complaining. We have been here for 7 days and also have a pool view from the 5th floor. It has been relatively quiet in the evenings the entire week.
We used the hot tub all week so I guess we must be some of the hillbillies. I used my Redneck wine glass for the Hillbilly Hot Tub...an empty water bottle with my favorite beverage.

The Clampetts
Jed, Ellie May, Jethro, and Granny

A Mississippi redneck here. Me and the missus are going to that there F&W festival next year. We were wondering what floor to request at the BCV. Thank you ma'am for the info. I reckon I know where to hunker down now. Do we need goggles and snorkel gear for the Hillbilly Hot Tub?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: