Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Odds of getting a Chef Mickey's ADR?

I can start booking my ADRs on December 11, and our arrival date is June 9. I absolutely have my heart set on Chef Mickey's for dinner that evening (it is a Sunday).

So, what are the odds that I'll be able to get it when I try to book on December 11? Should I prepare myself to not get it, and spend the next several weeks/months lurking and waiting for one to open up?

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
rhiansmom
DIS Veteran

You should be just fine... it may not be the exact time you want but we have never had issues getting CM until this trip (which I booked way late) as I have been frantically searching for a breakfast ADR sometime between 10/18 and 10/21 for the two of us but haven't had luck yet but I'll be checking 2-5 times a day until it pops up... I know it will at some point!
September 2010 - Disneyland
August 2010 - DD says lets do POP again.. this time can we bring a friend??
June 2010 - offsite and never again!
November 2009 - DD's 10th Birthday at POP
July 2009 - All Star Sports
October 2008 Disneyland - DLR
April 2008 -POP Again
September 2006 Girls Trip to POP!
October 2005 - POP
May 2005 - SOG
Feb 2004 - CR
July 2000 - Disneyland Paris

rhiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiansmom View Post
You should be just fine... it may not be the exact time you want but we have never had issues getting CM until this trip (which I booked way late) as I have been frantically searching for a breakfast ADR sometime between 10/18 and 10/21 for the two of us but haven't had luck yet but I'll be checking 2-5 times a day until it pops up... I know it will at some point!
We just want dinner - and are not too picky about the time. I know it is a hard one to get. This trip is a surprise to our kids, they won't know until that day. On our last trip we had the QSDP and they both said they wished we had done one character meal, and both specifically asked for CM. I really want to start our trip off with CM.

I hope you are right about being able to book my ADR.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Old 09-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

If you get up early on the day you are 180 days out with your list of ADRs in hand (mine's a color-coded spreadsheet ) you will likely get everything you want as long as you don 't mind shifting by 15 minutes or so on some.

Of the 8 I wanted, the only changes I had to make was a 15 minute shift at CRT (I wanted 7:30 and got 7:15) and a 5 minute shift at Chef Mickey (I wanted 6pm and got 5:55).

ADRs open on-line at 6am EST so plan to wake-up and book them that morning and you'll be fine!

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
If you get up early on the day you are 180 days out with your list of ADRs in hand (mine's a color-coded spreadsheet ) you will likely get everything you want as long as you don 't mind shifting by 15 minutes or so on some.

Of the 8 I wanted, the only changes I had to make was a 15 minute shift at CRT (I wanted 7:30 and got 7:15) and a 5 minute shift at Chef Mickey (I wanted 6pm and got 5:55).

ADRs open on-line at 6am EST so plan to wake-up and book them that morning and you'll be fine!
LOL I'm up by 5am most mornings, so that shouldn't be an issue. Booking ADRs without my kids noticing while they are here getting ready for school might be more difficult...

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post
LOL I'm up by 5am most mornings, so that shouldn't be an issue. Booking ADRs without my kids noticing while they are here getting ready for school might be more difficult...
LOL!!! Been there!!

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Three cats
DIS Veteran

If you go online at 6am est at your 180 day mark you wont have any problem at all.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Why does everyone think if you don't book right at 180 days, you'll be out of luck? That's simply not true and leads to a lot of unnecessary stress. Anything up to 30 days, and you shouldn't have any problems. And as I've said before, you can even book the week of with ease now due to the new reservation system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post

davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
ZacharysMommy
Rebecca

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Ugh. Why does everyone think if you don't book right at 180 days, you'll be out of luck? That's simply not true and leads to a lot of unnecessary stress. Anything up to 30 days, and you shouldn't have any problems. And as I've said before, you can even book the week of with ease now due to the new reservation system.
I was so glad to see your post. I am planning our trip for the first week in February 2013 and I'm kind of overwhelmed. I don't even know how to make the reservations (any help you can give would be SO appreciated) and I'm also hoping to get reservations for character meet and greets in various restaurants. So there is a new reservation system and I won't be out of luck getting reservations since I've missed the 180 day mark?

*Going to try to breathe a little easier now." ;-)
ZacharysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

You should be fine! I did my ADR's at the 180 mark but now with less than 5 weeks to go before my DisneyMoon and plans are starting to form I've had to change a couple of things. We have a MNSSHP ticket for HAlloween night and we had a ressie at Crystal Palace for 6:50, we decided that was going to cut to much into our party time which at $80 per ticket we wanted to enjoy the park all evening. So yesterday we got a res for 3:25 with only 5 weeks to go. So it can be done.

Plus with the CC system in place people will probably cancel the week of to avoid getting charged so if you don't get it immediatly which i'm SURE at 180 days you will, you can always keep checking the week of :-). I got EVERYTHING I wanted at the 180 day mark and I didn't even wake up at the crack of dawn to do it! I waited until a bit later in the day!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
River Country
DIS Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Really? Tell that to the 5000+ people that are shut out of BoG i think the next avail time is March or the people trying for CRT or LeCellier. everyone has their own opinion which is the beauty of the DIS, but i am a firm believer that if you have your heart set on a meal make the ADR as soon as you can and fill in the rest later. IMHO book the popular one's at 180+10 i.e. BoG CRT LeCellier, Ohana, Chef Mickey's. I guess in that order i might put TRex on there now that is on the DDP. If they arent the restaurants you want then yeah wait and dont stress.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

What is bog?
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post
I can start booking my ADRs on December 11, and our arrival date is June 9. I absolutely have my heart set on Chef Mickey's for dinner that evening (it is a Sunday).

So, what are the odds that I'll be able to get it when I try to book on December 11? Should I prepare myself to not get it, and spend the next several weeks/months lurking and waiting for one to open up?
We've always been able to get all the ADRs we want when we have a trip planned well in advance and are able to book at the 180-day mark. This includes Chef Mickey's, CRT, Ohana, Le Cellier, etc. We called right away the morning the BOG ADRs opened and were able to get one for the time we wanted in January (CM told me we were his first reservation for 2013!) So it's usually fine and will all work out if you're ready at the 180 day mark.

We've also planned extra "last-minute" trips (darn those APs!) By "last minute," I mean that on July 5, we decided to book a quick trip for the Oct. 8 MNSSHP. In this case, we didn't get our ideal set of ADRs, but that's OK and we expect that when planning three months out. (For example, we couldn't get Le Cellier, the Plaza on MNSSHP night, Chef Mickey's for breakfast, or our ideal times for some Epcot ADRs but we came up with great alternative plans!) So when planning within 180 days, I'd definitely recommend booking ADRs as early as possible, and have some alternative ideas in case your first choices aren't available. The good news is that there are lots of great restaurants at WDW and plenty of character meal opportunities!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Country View Post
Really? Tell that to the 5000+ people that are shut out of BoG i think the next avail time is March or the people trying for CRT or LeCellier. everyone has their own opinion which is the beauty of the DIS, but i am a firm believer that if you have your heart set on a meal make the ADR as soon as you can and fill in the rest later. IMHO book the popular one's at 180+10 i.e. BoG CRT LeCellier, Ohana, Chef Mickey's. I guess in that order i might put TRex on there now that is on the DDP. If they arent the restaurants you want then yeah wait and dont stress.

I booked at 114 days out, did a CP Package at Le Cellier at Noon for Christmas day (couldnt believe THAT pixie dust) but I can not get anywhere near BoG. Everything else I wanted I was able to get, and since I booked everything, I have tweaked the times a bit when a better one opens, but still nothing on BoG. gonna keep hoping for some more dust though!

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharysMommy View Post
I was so glad to see your post. I am planning our trip for the first week in February 2013 and I'm kind of overwhelmed. I don't even know how to make the reservations (any help you can give would be SO appreciated) and I'm also hoping to get reservations for character meet and greets in various restaurants. So there is a new reservation system and I won't be out of luck getting reservations since I've missed the 180 day mark?

*Going to try to breathe a little easier now." ;-)
Did you book your package through the disney website? Just log in and click "where to eat" and go from there. Its easy - but the website is a bit clunky some times. Or you, can call the dining line and they can do it for you. I like doing it online, but thats just me. I was able to get everything I wanted but BoG for Christmas week, so you should be fine. Unless you want BoG - its booked solid for months!

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: