Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #2116
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

thanks for all the great wheel chair tips.

Make a wish is paying for one bag per person for us. I dont think we will check 3 bags going down but will we will have a large folding duffle in one suitcase for the way back.

we tye dyed mickey head shirts today. I will have a hard time letting them sit for a couple days!!! I really am anxious to see how they turned out.

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
Old 09-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #2117
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1
So I was wondering about buying the tickets in advance for Mickey's Christmas parade (can't think of the proper acronym at the moment ). If I'm going to need a specific date, do I need to figure that out asap? Do tickets sell out quickly for dates the closer you get to Christmas? The dates that I would be interested in for the parade are either Dec 16th or Dec 18th.
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information about MVMCP. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #2118
jmerchlinsky
Earning My Ears

Question Car Rental ?

Did any one need to add gas to there rental for the week ? Just looking at the buget ..

Dad Of 4
Lexie 8 Abby 6 Cameron(Soon to be wish child)5 John (Wish Kid) 3 Married to the Wonderful and Charming Angelina

Cameron's Pre Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #2119
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Please say a little prayer for us. Our wish kid has had a cold and last night he woke up because he was having trouble breathing and was having some "stuff" (don't want to disgust anyone) come up. We were able to get it under control with an albuterol treatment but he has to see his doctor today. They think it might be another round of pneumonia.

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #2120
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavandGraciesMommy View Post
Please say a little prayer for us. Our wish kid has had a cold and last night he woke up because he was having trouble breathing and was having some "stuff" (don't want to disgust anyone) come up. We were able to get it under control with an albuterol treatment but he has to see his doctor today. They think it might be another round of pneumonia.
Oh no! Praying for Gavin!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #2121
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are going but this is because our chapter does the 1 special extra thing and this was ours. My son has never actually been trick or treating so this is why we wanted it for him. Gavin in mentally disabled and when we have tried to do the door to door thing or even trunk or treating he wanted to go and explore. It would make him mad when we would go to doors and then just leave. This doesnt make sense to him and if you think about it the whole concept is kind of is crazy if you look at it from his concrete perspective We are excited because I think this will be the perfect thing for him. We are also excited at all of the extra character visits. However, I think in your situation there is no way that I would pay that much money and possibly put my son through some extra stress. If you think he might just like the characters you could check out the Spooktacular at Sea World on Fridays. It is free with admission and I read that they have some special things going on. I hope this helps and I am sure whatever you decide you will have a great time.
Thanks for your input - the more I think about it, the more I think it would just be a bad idea for him.

Wish Trip October 20-26th!!!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #2122
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti5353 View Post
we tye dyed mickey head shirts today. I will have a hard time letting them sit for a couple days!!! I really am anxious to see how they turned out.
OOOH!! I wanna see pics and did you follow a particular tutorial? I kind of want to try although DH likely won't wear tye dye. My FIL will be all over it, however (60's kid!).

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #2123
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post

Honestly - I think the party, for the price, may not be worth it for you guys... Disney is so energy intensive that I would definitely not delay any feeds.

Really...nothing trumps the "Mommy gut"...whatever you gut tells you, go for it!

And anyone else reading this - always go with your "Mommy gut" for any advice I give... Nothing trumps that!

There is a TON of things to do at GKTW - so I don't think you will be "missing" anything if you skip it. It is a very expensive party and probably not worth it if you can only go for a couple of hours. To get back to your room by 9:00 pm - you would really have to leave the MK at 8ish because of the time it takes to travel to and from MK - so I would skip it!

Spend the money on something else special!

Lauren wants me to "stop ignoring her" now...says no one wants to know "THAT MUCH" about Disney trip planning!

So I guess I better go!
Thanks for your input Maroo. I think I am going back to my original plan of not going. I do think it would be too much for him, and we would see that the next day and that really would not be worth it.

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #2124
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelanaAndKyra View Post
I am very excited! My mom ordered Kyra a lanyard with pins for pin trading! My mom and my aunts will also be joining us on our trip. We are all very excited! For those of you that have pin traded in the past, how many pins did you have to start with?
I know nothing about pin trading, I just hope Kyra has fun with it!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #2125
Momtokcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Praying for your sweet boy!

Jenn

DH
DD(17)
DS(10) Wish kid
DS(7)
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #2126
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

I thought I had already replied to you, but I hope Gavin is feeling better. This weird weather pattern up here has all the doctors scrambling! Prayers for a fast recovery and that mon, dad, and sis stay healthy.

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying onsite RPR or hrh
Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #2127
GavandGraciesMommy
Mouseketeer

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and concerns! It worked!! He does have bronchitis so he was placed on antibiotics and back on the albuteral treatments at least three times per day (more if we feel it is needed the doc said). They think he will be able to fight it off now that his heart is in better condition. Things like simple colds can turn scary for our kids but I am thinking we are going to be okay Thanks again everyone!

Gavin's PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45494569
gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #2128
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information about MVMCP. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!
Oooh thanks for the tip, and link, shall check it out asap

Quote:
Oh no!!!

Quote:
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and concerns! It worked!! He does have bronchitis so he was placed on antibiotics and back on the albuteral treatments at least three times per day (more if we feel it is needed the doc said). They think he will be able to fight it off now that his heart is in better condition. Things like simple colds can turn scary for our kids but I am thinking we are going to be okay Thanks again everyone!
But now, oh yay!!! I'm a heart mom too, I know what you mean. Really hoping that mine can manage to stay healthy on our lead up as well. Hope the meds do the trick and it's all good from here on in!!

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #2129
Abcam
Earning My Ears

I need to make sure my daughter has her bath chair, formula, oxygen, diapers and wipes...do you pack these things (minus the oxygen) in an extra suitcase. Or can you ship it to GKTW?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #2130
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcam
I need to make sure my daughter has her bath chair, formula, oxygen, diapers and wipes...do you pack these things (minus the oxygen) in an extra suitcase. Or can you ship it to GKTW?
Is the home health agency you use in FL as well? If so, they might deliver those things for you. Then, you could just carry what you need for the flight (& maybe a lil extra, just in case of delays).

If not, then I would definitely contact your Wish chapter & see what they can go (GKTW, too).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: