Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #301
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
You have an amazing memory! We're not going to go with Disney. We have a separate annual policy that will cover most of the same stuff, as it turns out.

Now keep up with these great posts. We have stayed at Kidani and Jambo (once each) and I have a very soft spot in my heart for that resort.

I must say I'm also getting a bit of a kick out of your accounts of travelling with family, since the trip we had just the week before you arrived involved DD and her BFF. BFF turned out to be quite the little diva with a hefty truckload of attitude. Ah well. Even DD found it tiresome, which meant that she and I had a good time in spite of it all. Disney lets you do that.
You give me too much credit, I went back to see if we chatted before on the cruise thread. How nice you have that policy already. DCL charges an arm and a leg!

I was going to try for an update last night but fell asleep at 9:30, it was a long week.

Oh no, I'm sorry about your dramatic traveling companion. I guess she won't be invited again. I'm so glad you were still able to have a good time. The same happened with me and my mother. It was just drama that I don't welcome at such a wonderful place.

Lots more to come.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #302
Pinkocto

I left off with us just finishing the Backlot Tour. My first order of business was to find them some ice cream but there was no cart in site, so we stopped for some drinks since everyone was quite parched. And then would you believe R found a spot away from the crowds and just lit up a cigarette. I was appalled, you can’t just smoke wherever you want! And told him so. He claimed that a CM at the front gate, who he asked where the smoking areas were in the park, told him that if there were no people around he could smoke wherever. Hmmm. I have no idea if this was true or not, but I do know he asked a CM where the spots were and if that’s what he was told there was no arguing with him. I’m sorry if any of you smoke and are offended by my clear distaste for the habit, but it’s very bad for your health and I don’t like to be around it. After the pitstop we headed to do the Muppets 3D and it was unfortunately not open. It had only been 20 minutes since it stopped and there was no way to know how much longer it would be so we continued on to Star Tours.

On our last trip I had really wanted to experience the water scenario and as luck would have it we got it. I told R about my good luck and he also wanted the water scene, and would you believe that’s what we got! Later on we did the ride again and found out it was one of the ending scenarios that they switch around the stories, so not as rare as I thought, but still fun that he saw what he wanted. It was a posted wait time of 20 minutes but it really was only 10. Mom of course wanted to do it again, she absolutely loves this ride, but I get quite dizzy with this one so declined. I promised her we’d get back to it before we left. Oh, and would you believe the guy who had commented that he needed to follow us to get icecream when we were in the Backlot Tour was in the row next to us. Of course he asked us how the iceceam was. I was amused. I love how Disney makes strangers feel more like friends.

It was just about 4:00 and the Lights, Motors, Action! show was happening at 4:30 so told them that’s where we needed to head. Well, they were getting too hot and hungry and wanted to head back to the resort. Huh? We’d just gotten here…. And that really messed things up because we were planning to do the last show of Beauty and the Beast or Indiana Jones, whichever one they felt like doing after the stunt show. It was impossible to do both because they overlapped in times. Well, I wasn’t going to force them to stay, and since we had the EMHs that night we still had plenty of time to do the rest of the rides so we started to head out of the park. As we were passing Indiana Jones on the way out of the park mom noticed a show had just started and the CM said we could still get in so that’s what we did. The ‘director’ was still talking so we hadn’t missed anything which was perfect timing. I tried out my new zoom lens and saw some details I haven’t seen before.

I thought Indiana was quite the looker.

Notice how his hat now has a strap on it. At some point in the show somebody comments how cool he is that his hat never comes off. He had to have changed it after he shook hands with the volunteers because there was no strap in that picture.

I was just impressed that as many times as they do that show, they never looked bored.

After the show we stopped in the little shop. R had apparently been wanting a whip that he had gotten as a kid and when it had fallen apart, many many many years ago, he always wanted another one. It was $45.95 so he left it for now and decided to think about it. The joke of the trip ended up being that everything they wanted was $50. A lot of things I happened to look at were also the same amount.

We started to head out of the park again, but mom wanted to show M the Do Not Pull the Rope set. I decided to sit it out. They had to back track a little and I was getting really hot. I think it was in the 90s and I was wearing jeans. They were taking so long I was getting concerned they had passed me, but when I started to call they came into my sights. Mom said they’d decided to head down to ToT. I was quite confused, why not wait until we came back to do it since we had the EMHs until midnight. Well, R finally confessed that when he left the park he really didn’t think he’d be back. At this point I started to get annoyed. Party because I was so hot, and partly because they were messing up with my plans. Down to ToT we went and I found myself getting really irritable. We had to wait for R & M to take a bathroom break and it felt like eternity. During the walk down to ToT they also decided they wanted to do RnRC but I said I’d meet them back at the resort, I was just too hot to stay any longer. M was absolutely terrified of ToT but we convinced her to do it with us and she was so glad she did. It ended up being a walk-on which was perfect.

Thankfully at that point we headed out of the park. It was a long wait for RnRC and they were getting hot as well. We walked through some shops to stay in the AC but R didn’t want to stay with us and went outside. It just so happened that a CM caught him to do a survey. Ha, that’s what he gets for leaving the group. Apparently they used to give away FPs for doing surveys but don’t anymore because people would seek them out and ask to do surveys so they could get FPs. Well I think they should at least give away something, they're taking up about ten minutes of precious Disney time. There was amazingly a bus waiting at our stop but we were not to be that lucky. They were waiting for a new driver to replace them. No harm done, we had seats and were in AC, but we did wait at least 20 minutes to get going. We got back to the resort at 6:15 so were only at HS about 4 hours.

Straight up to get some appetizers. I was glad we were still in that window. We grabbed some goodies and then went to see R & Ms room, I wanted to see their savannah view, and immediately noticed they had some gifts on their table.

These were in the little bag. There was also a nice note wishing them a happy anniversary and hoping they had a fabulous trip.

It was late enough they already had turn down service.

It was one of the smaller ones, but still nice. They had a few animals out there.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14

Last edited by Pinkocto; 09-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #303
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Great update, Pam!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #304
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Love the details in the Indiana Jones photos.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #305
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Great update, but I am sorry that your plans have not worked out.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #306
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Nice pics! Sorry they were so frustrating!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #307
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Great update, Pam!
Thank you

Feeling any better today?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #308
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those are great details in the Indian Jones set. What size distance lens? 300?

So let me get this straight - first they want to leave, then they want to stay, then they want to do Tot and RnR? So confused.

Thank goodness for apps and adult beverages in the CL! That would be exactly what I would need at that point.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #309
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Love the details in the Indiana Jones photos.
I am constantly amazed at Disney's attention to detail.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #310
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Great update, but I am sorry that your plans have not worked out.

Corinna
Thanks I was getting so frustrated with them. Even though I tried to remember that I was going to go with the flow, I pretty much forgot that that first day.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #311
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Nice pics! Sorry they were so frustrating!
Thank you They were driving me crazy, and it was only day 1! First they wanted to wait forever for their room, and then wanted to leave HS so early. I just couldn't figure out what was going on in their minds... I think part of my irritation was that I wanted to get away from them already

Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #312
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those are great details in the Indian Jones set. What size distance lens? 300?

So let me get this straight - first they want to leave, then they want to stay, then they want to do Tot and RnR? So confused.

Thank goodness for apps and adult beverages in the CL! That would be exactly what I would need at that point.
I agree, I was really surprised to see how cool the set was up close. I was just playing around with the camera. It's actually a fixed lens. I did as much research as I could without my mind blowing up before deciding on one. I figured I wouldn't utilize a SLR camera as much because I want fast and easy, no changing lenses. I chose the Panasonic DMC-FZ60 which has a 24x optical zoom and a 48x intelligent zoom. I have not figured out what an 'intelligent zoom' is. I think it has to do with what setting I have the camera on. Still lots to learn about this bad boy. I'm hoping it will last many years so I can figure out everything about it

Don't worry, I was confused too. Once I had calmly accepted the idea of going to the resort for a nice cool swim they wanted to trek onward. Then all I wanted to do was leave

Unfortunately I've never developed a taste for adult beverages so they were no help for me whatsoever. The appetizers on the other hand were delightful. I'm going to post some pictures before heading to sleep.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #313
Pinkocto

We left R & M to settle into their room and went back to the CL for some more delicious appetizers and some pictures.

I must have gotten this picture at just the wrong time, because they always kept things full.

Pitas to enjoy your hummus with.

These olives were absolutely amazing.

I did not try the carrots but the peanut salad was delicious.

These were also absolutely scrumptious.

I tried one of these and unfortunately had an allergic reaction to them. There must have been crab in them. I have never had a reaction like it so was not on guard.

none of us tried these

R & M really enjoyed these.

Mom really enjoyed the hummus and we all enjoyed the cheeses. Every night they had the hummus, olives, and veggies, but the other items changed. We tried to get back to the CL most evenings. It was always fun to taste the new goodies.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #314
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thank you

Feeling any better today?
I am, Pam! Thank you.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #315
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I am, Pam! Thank you.
Excellent news!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: