Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #1216
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy
I have a question for anyone who has stayed there already. Is there a place to buy milk and bread at AoA? My son has to have his milk and peanut butter sandwiches! Thanks
you can buy milk by the half gallon in Landscape of Flavors. I believe it comes in vitamin D and skim. I don't think you can buy a full loaf of bread. They do have slices available.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #1217
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
you can buy milk by the half gallon in Landscape of Flavors. I believe it comes in vitamin D and skim. I don't think you can buy a full loaf of bread. They do have slices available.
Bread by the slice... Only at Disney Thanks a lot
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1218
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy

Bread by the slice... Only at Disney Thanks a lot
I know, right? I hate to think how much it costs. Probably a snack credit for 2 slices. jelly is free in the little condiment packets by the napkin and drink dispensers. I'm not sure about the peanut butter.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #1219
princessmomma92
Earning My Ears

Maybe you can ship bread and peanut butter earlier in the week. Or I think there's a place to get groceries delivered. May be cheaper to buy bread by the slice though. Lol. If you are driving in, Walmart is less than 3 miles away.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1220
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

Just left three nights stay at LM room and was pretty bummed about the cell and Internet reception on my phone (verizon) regardless of if I was just surfing on my 3G or logged in to the wifi. The iPad was spotty on the wifi in the room as well.
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #1221
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

Some more notes about our three night stay at LM--
1. Room was very nice! Mattresses were very comfortable, not too firm or too soft. Shower head was great! A lot like a rain shower head. Thought the mini fridge was a good size as well as the side table.
2. Considering the section was sold out when we decided to add three nights at AofA LM on to our 9 nights of Bonnet Creek stay and had to check daily many times a day to add days one by one, I was expecting it to be swarming with people and I didn't think it was. Checked in around 11am on Thursday and the Nemo pool was busy, but it was just us and maybe four more people at the LM pool til we left around 3. Friday we did the Nemo pool most of the morning til 2ish, again not bad. That night it poured rain for a long time so we scratched our plans for the boardwalk area and had dinner at the resort and it was nuts. Having done counter service at the Contemporary the week before at dinner time, I thought AofA was pretty inefficient. But the food was delicious. I had the chicken burger and firs, DH had the meatball sub and fries, kids split the huge portion of kids pasta. I even had quite a few bites of it! Spent Saturday at MK, so can't speak of the crowd levels that day.
3. Didn't mind the walk from LM to the main hall at all. The LK area is themed nicely so we really enjoyed the walk.
4. The theming for the Cars section is fantastic and where we will stay if we ever do family suites. Really really excellent. It felt like we were in the actual movie. Fantastic.
I will write a full trip report this week!
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #1222
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTnNc
Just left three nights stay at LM room and was pretty bummed about the cell and Internet reception on my phone (verizon) regardless of if I was just surfing on my 3G or logged in to the wifi. The iPad was spotty on the wifi in the room as well.
Our room was bldg 9 (Triton) facing the parking lot, close to the stairs.
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #1223
SelfEmployedDebtFree
If I hadn't just been sitting in it; I'd swear you had lost your mind! (Tim Burton's Corpse Bride)

Quote:
The bathrooms have an annoying fan that comes on everytime you walk in there and stays on for an eternity.
YAY! I have this thing about super quiet bathrooms... I prefer some noise. Enough said.

Quote:
Will be so nice having a close drink station nearby instead of having to walk all the way to the food court every time. By the time I get back to my room, my soda is over half way gone.
Thats our problem too. By the time I get back to the room with the drinks I'm like "Where'd MY drink go???"

Quote:
Thanks! This is our first time at a value resort and we are super excited!! No hot tub is kinda a bummer after a long day at the parks it is nice to relax but we will live without it!
The thought of the thousands of bodies going in and out of a hot tub... all after a day of walking many many miles in FL sun... No thanks. The pool is fine thank you... Keep it chlorinated! (Disney is good at that)

Quote:
Beware you will find surprise enjoyment in the value resort, and you may not miss the luxuries! :-)
I have toured the Grand Floridian (always buy Mickey soap there) and its not my speed. I like LOUD, OBNOXIOUS and in your FACE, over the top wackyness thank you! I saw on another forum they were calling AoA "More Nick Jr Obnoxiousness".. I say the more over the top the better. I go to Disney to escape a BORING world. JMHO

Ok back to page 15... Im getting there.

Favorite Walt Disney World drink: "Beverly" in Club Cool!

Cameras used: Olympus Stylus 410, Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, RED Pentax K-x DSLR
Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1224
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
I have a question, how much do the Little Mermaid rooms cost a night? I can't find it on the website
http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #1225
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
Maybe you can use what we use...we have the collapsible organizer like you hang in your closet. Usually 12x12 and has 5/6 soft shelves. It collapses flat in your suitcase and holds more than enough stuff for us
That's what I was thinking too . . . . Going to see what I can find at Wal-Mart or Target.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #1226
janatmovies
Mouseketeer

NE Goofy, people have reported they do not sell bread and they do sell half gallons of milk but they run out a lot and then what's left is the individual serving for 1.69. If you are checking a bag at the airport you can do what I'm doing and pack a couple of parmalat quarts of milk or those horizon milk boxes. Also bringing my own bread, PB & j.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1227
Dis_Fan
Mouseketeer

Hi

Got back yesterday after checking in on the 15th. Lots of been said but just my impresssions*.

-Magical Express and Check In went great, as it has other times (been to POP 2 previous times. The free cookies and drinks were a real nice touch and appreciated.

-We were in the Little Mermaid room, Ariel section. The whole LM area is very nice. The trinkets along the walkway were nice (though every kid ignored the no climbing signs). The pool is fenced off which I thought was strange. I enjoyed walking by the pool to and from my room at POP when I was there.

-Inside the room was very clean and looked great. fridge was bigger then I thought it would be which was welcome. The theming was not gaudy or overdone. Just enough without being cheesy.

-The walk was LONG. Not horrible if your walking to and from the busses or just strolling but not close enough to be taking advantage of the drink mugs we got. Why put a drink station right outside the LOF I dont know. Considering there are 3/4 places inside LOF to refill drinks they should of moved the outside one to LM. One day we went to POP for dinner and walked around the lake and it seemed like we got there faster then our walks from our room to LOF. We took the bridge back and the views were great.

-LOF was really good. Had the Tandori sausage, Pulled Pork sandwich, surf and surf burger, and bounty breakfast platter. All were really good. Was the most I ever ate at a resort. Service was pretty fast. Not instant but the longest wait I had 5 minutes for my burger.

-Of the suite sections of the resort Lion King seemed to be the coolest. Loved the little play area, and the theming was great. Nemo section was good with all the water activities and another playground. I was REALLY dissapointed with the Cars area. Just characters lined up and down. No play area. I did not see anything special with the theming besides the cones by the pool.

-Busses ran great all week. I saw no difference plus or minus compared to my stays at POP. Longest wait was the one going to Downtown Disney. I think we JUST missed one. Busses never seemed to crowded although the crowds at the parks seemed higher then last year.

**All impressions are made from Jon, husband of Dis_Fan and do not represent impressions of thoughts of anyone but my own.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #1228
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy View Post
I have a question for anyone who has stayed there already. Is there a place to buy milk and bread at AoA? My son has to have his milk and peanut butter sandwiches! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by janatmovies View Post
NE Goofy, people have reported they do not sell bread and they do sell half gallons of milk but they run out a lot and then what's left is the individual serving for 1.69. If you are checking a bag at the airport you can do what I'm doing and pack a couple of parmalat quarts of milk or those horizon milk boxes. Also bringing my own bread, PB & j.
We are actually packing some Horizon milk boxes in our suitcase for DD. Considering they are $1.29 each at Wegman's here, we'll buy enough for each morning. I figure we can have her drink it on the way to the bus stop and while waiting, so we do not have to lug a cup around with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Fan View Post
Hi

Got back yesterday after checking in on the 15th. Lots of been said but just my impresssions*.

-Magical Express and Check In went great, as it has other times (been to POP 2 previous times. The free cookies and drinks were a real nice touch and appreciated.

-We were in the Little Mermaid room, Ariel section. The whole LM area is very nice. The trinkets along the walkway were nice (though every kid ignored the no climbing signs). The pool is fenced off which I thought was strange. I enjoyed walking by the pool to and from my room at POP when I was there.

-Inside the room was very clean and looked great. fridge was bigger then I thought it would be which was welcome. The theming was not gaudy or overdone. Just enough without being cheesy.

-The walk was LONG. Not horrible if your walking to and from the busses or just strolling but not close enough to be taking advantage of the drink mugs we got. Why put a drink station right outside the LOF I dont know. Considering there are 3/4 places inside LOF to refill drinks they should of moved the outside one to LM. One day we went to POP for dinner and walked around the lake and it seemed like we got there faster then our walks from our room to LOF. We took the bridge back and the views were great.

-LOF was really good. Had the Tandori sausage, Pulled Pork sandwich, surf and surf burger, and bounty breakfast platter. All were really good. Was the most I ever ate at a resort. Service was pretty fast. Not instant but the longest wait I had 5 minutes for my burger.

-Of the suite sections of the resort Lion King seemed to be the coolest. Loved the little play area, and the theming was great. Nemo section was good with all the water activities and another playground. I was REALLY dissapointed with the Cars area. Just characters lined up and down. No play area. I did not see anything special with the theming besides the cones by the pool.

-Busses ran great all week. I saw no difference plus or minus compared to my stays at POP. Longest wait was the one going to Downtown Disney. I think we JUST missed one. Busses never seemed to crowded although the crowds at the parks seemed higher then last year.

**All impressions are made from Jon, husband of Dis_Fan and do not represent impressions of thoughts of anyone but my own.
I highlighted part of your post, because I wanted to ask a question about the drink stations. If I am reading it right, there are 3 drink stations inside of LOF and one outside? What do you mean by outside? Is that the pool one? Or something else?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #1229
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
We are actually packing some Horizon milk boxes in our suitcase for DD. Considering they are $1.29 each at Wegman's here, we'll buy enough for each morning. I figure we can have her drink it on the way to the bus stop and while waiting, so we do not have to lug a cup around with us.

I highlighted part of your post, because I wanted to ask a question about the drink stations. If I am reading it right, there are 3 drink stations inside of LOF and one outside? What do you mean by outside? Is that the pool one? Or something else?
The only refillable mug station other than at LOF is at the Big Blue Pool.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #1230
TSM
Mouseketeer

I have toured the Grand Floridian (always buy Mickey soap there) and its not my speed. I like LOUD, OBNOXIOUS and in your FACE, over the top wackyness thank you! I saw on another forum they were calling AoA "More Nick Jr Obnoxiousness".. I say the more over the top the better. I go to Disney to escape a BORING world. JMHO

Ok back to page 15... Im getting there.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!!!We went to the contemporary to eat at chef mickeys and except for that restaurant it didnt feel like Disney at all to us! I guess that's why they make all the Hotels different- something for everyone but as for me I want to get hit in the face with Disney!!!I loved AoA!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: