Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #616
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
The Caribe rooms have 2 queens and a living room, so they are actually bigger than AoA LM. I wanted it to be at the end so that our non park day (the day we hit a wall) was here b/c there is a pool slide and we won't be using EMH that day. So, we only have one park day (Friday) where we can't use EMH (we are rope drop people). If I get a discount and can get into a moderate with a pool slide, I agree that I should rethink
Gotcha!!! Fingers crossed for a good AP discount for you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #617
Alice Royal
Nineteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

I blink for two seconds and the thread explodes, lol! Nice to see so many NH people out there, my family is from Claremont.

I'll edit this post with plans later, off to bowling practise.

Me (19)
AP Holder and Proud Florida Resident since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #618
jad215
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Ok, I found out the reason that the morning EMH hours at AK are changed the week of April 21. There is a cheerleading competition in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular location on the 27th and 28th. So the Saturday morning EMH for that park was moved to AK's usual Wednesday slot and AK moved to DHS's usual Saturday. easyWDW had the information.
Has anyone been there when this is going on in previous years? I had our DHS day for that Saturday, wondering if we should keep it that day or move it. Does DHS get very crowded during this with those that attend or do they tend to stick to just the competition locations?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #619
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama

we're also here b/c DH is a teacher. If he wasn't we'd be going in Oct. or Feb.
Last year I was on maternity through the fall and we actually considered going in Oct just because it would be the only time we could until I retire in a million years.......but we were cruising in the summer and I wasn't being paid so I couldn't completely justify it Maybe some day !!!!!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #620
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad215 View Post
Has anyone been there when this is going on in previous years? I had our DHS day for that Saturday, wondering if we should keep it that day or move it. Does DHS get very crowded during this with those that attend or do they tend to stick to just the competition locations?
easywdw said that the event will not impact the crowd level at DHS at all. The cheerleaders will be at that single venue and not filtering out into the park. Just going by what he said. Personally, I am surprised they would use the Indiana Jones set and not the American Idol stage.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #621
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
I blink for two seconds and the thread explodes, lol! Nice to see so many NH people out there, my family is from Claremont.

I'll edit this post with plans later, off to bowling practise.
Oh, please don't edit the post. Make a new post or I will never see your plans. I don't look back, I only go forward from the last post I read. Don't want to miss your info to put on page 1!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #622
Lampoon2012
Earning My Ears

Just booked our family for April 10-18 in Disney then a small break in Tampa with more family. We will be a group of 11 staying at POR. We found pretty decent flight down from providence, but need to find one back. We will fly back from Tampa. I'm waiting impatiently for SW to release the rest of their schedule. Ugh. Any tips for April? How are the parks? We were supposed to go for Christmas but needed to postpone it. I'm not looking forward to redoing all of our dining reservations, however.

I haven't been to Disney in almost 11 years! And my kids, along with their cousins have never been. DS is 10 and DD is 7. It will be a surprise trip with a puzzle piece scavenger hunt reveal. We pulled off a surprise cruise a couple years ago using a treasure map as a reveal. I think they'll love this one just as much.

Last edited by Lampoon2012; 09-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #623
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon2012 View Post
Just booked our family for April 10-18 in Disney then a small break in Tampa with more family. We will be a group of 11 staying at POR. We found pretty decent flight down from providence, but need to find one back. We will fly back from Tampa. I'm waiting impatiently for SW to release the rest of their schedule. Ugh. Any tips for April? How are the parks? We were supposed to go for Christmas but needed to postpone it. I'm not looking forward to redoing all of our dining reservations, however.

I haven't been to Disney in almost 11 years! And my kids, along with their cousins have never been. DS is 10 and DD is 7. It will be a surprise trip with a puzzle piece scavenger hunt reveal. We pulled off a surprise cruise a couple years ago using a treasure map as a reveal. I think they'll love this one just as much.
I hope you make a video of the scavenger hunt! That sounds like so much fun. I do them for my grandkids because they love them (if I don't do one for a while, they begin to nag, lol) but the prizes are things like a new coloring book or something crafty.

I don't think the parks will be too crowded and weather will be perfect. Sounds like you are going to have a great time.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #624
jad215
Mouseketeer

Quote:
easywdw said that the event will not impact the crowd level at DHS at all. The cheerleaders will be at that single venue and not filtering out into the park. Just going by what he said. Personally, I am surprised they would use the Indiana Jones set and not the American Idol stage.
Thank you VERY much!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #625
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope Josh is correct. I arrive on the 28th. We plan to go to MK that night. We hope to have most of the teams gone by then.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #626
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Hello! My first post!

We are planning to go April 24-May 1, 2013, and I am giddy, giddy, giddy! We have two boys, ages 8 and 4, and although the eldest visited DW at a year old, he doesn't really remember it. And it will be the first time for the younger. (Who is way into all things Disney!)

My husband and I honeymooned at AKL 10 years ago and just couldn't wait to take the boys. Of course, life got in the way and we thought we'd never make it back. Fortunately, things have turned around and I'm having SO much fun planning! (We're doing a weekly Disney movie night so I can introduce the kids to the classics, etc.)

Right now, we're gunning for AoA Lion King. I'm stunned at how many people are also planning ... I thought I was nuts! :D Do you think I am correct in thinking that this will be a calmer time to go, nearly a month after Easter?

So excited! So happy to be joining this board!

Last edited by Jays2013; 09-24-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo :(
Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #627
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
Hello! My first post!

We are planning to go April 24-May 1, 2013, and I am giddy, giddy, giddy! We have two boys, ages 8 and 4, and although the eldest visited DW at a year old, he doesn't really remember it. And it will be the first time for the younger. (Who is way into all things Disney!)

My husband and I honeymooned at AKL 10 years ago and just couldn't wait to take the boys. Of course, life got in the way and we thought we'd never make it back. Fortunately, things have turned around and I'm having SO much fun planning! (We're doing a weekly Disney movie night so I can introduce the kids to the classics, etc.)

Right now, we're gunning for AoA Lion King. I'm stunned at how many people are also planning ... I thought I was nuts! :D Do you think I am correct in thinking that this will be a calmer time to go, nearly a month after Easter?

So excited! So happy to be joining this board!

If you go by past crowds, it is a very good time to go. Our second trip was the last two weeks of April 2009. I measure comfort level of the crowd by whether I have to wait for a stall in the bathroom. Good news -- no waiting on that trip! And yet someone posted a crowd pic in which they were attempting to demonstrate how awful the crowds were, and there I was in their pic, sitting outside a bathroom waiting for dh. So I guess it is all in how you perceive crowds.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #628
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Oh, thank you.

We're pretty laid back; we'll probably be OK. My kneejerk reaction to April was "Yikes! Spring break and Easter!" but I have to believe those crowds still have faded.

I'm so glad to find this board. I love to plan Disney stuff and I love to talk about it ... and my husband looks at me like I'm nuts when I tell him the intinerary for a trip that's still seven months away. (But he smiles when he does it, so that's OK. )

We're splurging on an AoA suite because older son is a very restless sleeper and it will be great to give him his own bed ... and my husband is really tall and just does not fit well in anything other than a queen bed. We love the look of AoA ... don't get me wrong, we adored AKL, but I think AoA will be good with young kids.

By my calculations, I can make ADR on Oct. 26. Can't wait! I've revised my plans several times. I'm trying to decide what sort of an effect EMH will have on park crowds, and if it's worth it to try and avoid them. Sigh. I really want to take the boys to the MK on our first full day ...
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #629
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

We went in 2011 at Christmas, arrived on 12/25 and departed on 12/31. Even with a couple park closures on 12/27 & 12/28 (which never affected us) we had an amazing time taking advantage of morning EMH, including an empty Magic Kingdom photo on 12/30 at 10:30AM. We can manage Easter just fine, right? We arrive on Easter Sunday, it's less expensive to fly on the holiday.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #630
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573 View Post
We went in 2011 at Christmas, arrived on 12/25 and departed on 12/31. Even with a couple park closures on 12/27 & 12/28 (which never affected us) we had an amazing time taking advantage of morning EMH, including an empty Magic Kingdom photo on 12/30 at 10:30AM. We can manage Easter just fine, right? We arrive on Easter Sunday, it's less expensive to fly on the holiday.
Definitely. If you can handle the Christmas crowds, you can handle Easter crowds. It really isn't that bad. My dad and I were there this past Easter (our first park day was Easter Sunday). We enjoyed taking advantage of the 7 am EMH!

Oh, and my sister just got accepted into the Disney College Program again today so when I go next April it will also be to visit her now.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: