Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyMom1

I'm jealous. On the repo cruise we went under the bridge at 3:30am and 11:00pm. It was still awesome going under the bridge but I wish we had been able to do it in daylight.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. See you in San Diego on Friday.
On the repo with you. Loved the location of the ship in San Fran. Right between the Alcatraz pier and Pier 39. We walked all the way over to Ghiradelli, which really isn't too far if you are not in a hurry.

I highly recommend the Disney Family museum. It is really much better than I imagined it might be. Lots of multi media experiences, great history very well done. This is a museum though so if your young children are bored with a museum, they won't be happy here either, but it really is very cool. You should allow two hours.

I really liked that you could stand under the bow of the ship at the pier. Totally cool!

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #62
janicebadgett
Earning My Ears

Cycle nut...what kind of transportation did you use to get to and from the museum? We want to visit there too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
janicebadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #63
minniemoms
There's no place like Disney

Going on this cruise too.. Wanting to learn more too

minniemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #64
cyclenut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicebadgett
Cycle nut...what kind of transportation did you use to get to and from the museum? We want to visit there too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We were lucky enough to catch a private tour set up by micechat.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstacy to Ensenada - Summer 2004
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas NB Pacific Coast - April 2007
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2011
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean - June 2012
Disney Wonder SB Pacific Coast - September 2012
cyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #65
Disneyland Mommy
Where's Perry?

Just off the Wonder this morning, and had a great trip!

I assume most of you want to know what's what, but if you don't then don't read this!

As you already know, we pull into San Francisco early in the AM, so plan on waking up early if you want to see the ship pass under the GG bridge. I didn't wake up early enough,lol. Luckily, we pass under the GG in the evening, right after Finding Nemo 3D lets out. I didn't go up to deck 9 or 10. I went out to deck 4, since it's right by the Walt Disney Theater. Make sure you bring your coats! It was VERY chilly!

There is a Toy Story themed dinner, complete with 3D glasses(the menus are in 3D.) However, that's where the fun stopped, at least for us Our servers(and I assume all the servers) were telling everyone, that there was going to be some "surprises" during dinner, aka a special guest or 2. We normally take out kids to the club/lab before our entree, but because of the "surprise" we kept them there to the end of the meal, which was not an easy feat(They're 4 & 6!) Anyway, no one showed up at all!! My kids were soooooo bummed! I complained to guest services, so hopefully those of you on the upcoming cruises will get the "special guests!"

Pixar Characters:

In the Terminal: Cars...Lightening McQueen, Mater, and Finn Mcmissile, No other characters at the terminal.

On the Ship:

Doug, Carl, and Russel
Remy & Emile
Woody & Jessie, Buzz
Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Frozone
Flik & Atta

The print that we get as our special gift is really nice, and a good size

Castaway Club Members/Disney Visa, not sure if you have to be both or only one, get a thick "The Art of Pixar" Book, which they were able to get signed by the man that did the "Cars" presentation. I only saw people walking around with them, since this was my first cruise, and didn't book with Disney Visa, although I am a cardholder. Nice added bonus for those of you that do get them!

Wonderful "Art of Pixar" exhibit on deck 5 forward, midship and aft! Take the time to look at them all!

HOT in San Diego and Mexico, cool in San Francisco(where layers there!)

Food and service was very good in my opinion, being a first time cruiser. Yes, there were some bland or salty dishes. However, nothing bad enough to send back or request a different item.

Not sure what else. Ask questions if you have any

Wonder-ful Pixar Pacific Coast Cruise Sept.16th-23rd 2012

Upcoming Trips:
DLR Nov 7-11 2014 Castle Inn w/DH, DS(8) & DD(6)
DLR Nov 21-23 2014 PPH Concierge Just DH & I!
Disneyland Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #66
wenuwish
Dreamer of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland Mommy
Just off the Wonder this morning, and had a great trip!

Not sure what else. Ask questions if you have any
Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a great time! I'm going in 1 week and can't wait!

I have one quick question, which I think I know the answer to, but I just want to be sure... Was there much scheduled on board while you we're in San Francisco? I assume talks with the Pixar guys were done while you were at sea? We're thinking about leaving the ship for a little but I don't want to miss anything! Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #67
theggs4ever
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a great time. Thank you for the info. i have some questions. Were Mickey and Minnie on board also? What kind of transportation did people use in SF? Was there a Pixar Dance Party like it stated in the Disney info? Was there Tea With Alice or someone else? Thanks for your time.
theggs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #68
BAT
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for sharing!! It sounds like you had a great time. I am blanking out on the questions I had.

It is great to know which characters. Was Finding Nemo a main show for that night?

Character breakfast? I am assuming there was one, which days were they?
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #69
Luliemouse
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear more!!!

Can't wait to hear more from other Pixar cruisers.
`·-*
LulieMouse
Disneyland Annual Passholder
Disneyland Resort - Resort stays at DLH, DGCH & DPPH
Walt DisneyWorld - Resort stays at the Poly 2007, DGFH 2009 and CBR 2012 & 2013, DARR 2014.

Disney Cruise Line- Wonder 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2007, Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2009, Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise 2011, Wonder Pixar Cruise 2012, Dream 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2013, Disney Magic 5-day & 3-Day Bahamian Cruises March 2014.

Luliemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #70
Disneyland Mommy
Where's Perry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenuwish View Post
Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a great time! I'm going in 1 week and can't wait!

I have one quick question, which I think I know the answer to, but I just want to be sure... Was there much scheduled on board while you we're in San Francisco? I assume talks with the Pixar guys were done while you were at sea? We're thinking about leaving the ship for a little but I don't want to miss anything! Thanks!
You definitely won't miss anything if you get off in San Francisco. There are character greetings in the AM from 9-10, but then none until around 5pm the first day and 3:45pm the second day . Brave & Cars 2 played in 3D at 2 pm. There were things like Disney Charades, wii challenge, crafts, karaoke,etc. But, nothing "important." Special presenters are on sea days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theggs4ever View Post
Sounds like you had a great time. Thank you for the info. i have some questions. Were Mickey and Minnie on board also? What kind of transportation did people use in SF? Was there a Pixar Dance Party like it stated in the Disney info? Was there Tea With Alice or someone else? Thanks for your time.
Yes, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Stitch, Captain Hook, Smee, Jack Sparrow, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Ariel, Snow White, Tiana, Belle,etc.

The Disney "tea" was with Ariel and Belle.

There was no "Pixar" Dance party that I'm aware of. There was a character dance party with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip/Dale, Pluto, Goofy. That's not to be missed if you have little ones. Definitely a highlight for me/them.

Not, sure what you plan on doing in SF, but I walked to both of my excursions. We did "Ride the Ducks" and a segway tour. We're docked within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square. If you turn right after exiting the terminal, and make a slight left on Beach St., there is a beautiful park and pier, with amazing views of the GG bridge and Alcatraz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT View Post
Thanks so much for sharing!! It sounds like you had a great time. I am blanking out on the questions I had.

It is great to know which characters. Was Finding Nemo a main show for that night? Yes, it was a main show, but repeated several times during the day.

Character breakfast? I am assuming there was one, which days were they?
Yes, there was a regular character breakfast, no pixar. We had ours on Sat., but it depended on your dining rotation. They were M/TH/Sat.

ETA: Pixar Characters do not make it into the kids clubs at all. My DD did Ratatouille Cooking School, but there was no Remy or anything :-(

Upcoming Trips:

Last edited by Disneyland Mommy; 09-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #71
Mistletoe Ranch Kids
Earning My Ears

Hi there, sounds like everyone had fun....I was wondering what night they did fireworks pirate night? Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #72
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Sounds like you get a great time! I'm excited about the Art of Pixar book and the talks! (Especially since the Oct 7 one I'm on is a lighting designer and I'm a lighting junkie.)
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #73
Disneyland Mommy
Where's Perry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistletoe Ranch Kids View Post
Hi there, sounds like everyone had fun....I was wondering what night they did fireworks pirate night? Thanks
Yep, there are fireworks...Shows are as follows....

Let the Magic Begin
Golden Mickeys
Alfred and Seymour
Finding Nemo 3D
Toy Story Musical
Michael Harrison, then pirate party later
Dreams

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #74
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

thanks for the update. I am sailing the Magic in Feb but we have family in Cali and they have invited us to do the Pixar cruise with them also .
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #75
wenuwish
Dreamer of Dreams

@Disneyland Mommy: Awesome! Thanks! I thought that might be the case, but its nice to know for sure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: