Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
DentalDana2
Mouseketeer

DH and I are in the process of buying a popup camper. He was an avid camper (tent and popup) as a child, me not so much. Ever since our last trip to the World in Dec 2009, we knew we'd be taking the boys back in Summer 2008. With our upcoming popup purchase, we decided to camp at Fort Wilderness! I'm nervous and excited. We are booked for 8/8-8/17 and yes, AC will be in the camper well before then! I'm super excited about all of the activities that FW offers. I'm thinking we'll need a resort only day (or two).

Last trip we stayed at ASSp and were on the dining plan. For the way my family eats, the dining plan makes little sense. My boys can only eat the same (mostly junky) offerings they'd be obligated to pick from on the dining plan and DH never eats dessert, let alone twice a day for 8 days straight. I'm thinking we'll make ressies at 'Ohana (dinner), Donald's Safari lunch @Tusker house and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (I'd welcome reviews of the BBQ). So, that leaves 5-6 dinners. I'm thinking of trying to cook at least 3-4 at our campsite, maybe do the bucket of chicken I've heard so much about, and we are even willing to venture offsite if need be. My kids fill up quickly and we can get away with a pb&j, fruit and a snack if they have a big lunch. Breakfast will probably be cereal, egg sandwiches, eggos and the like in the camper.

We are planing on bringing bike with us. How necessary is a golf cart? I'm hoping it's only a must have on our resort only days.

I'm sure I'll have a million and one questions for you guys over the next 10 months!

Thanks!

Edited due to date changes (we couldn't resist adding a day).

1982 - offsite
1992 - offsite
2000 - ASMo
2002 - CBR
2009 - ASSp
2013 - Fort Wilderness
2015 - BCV

Last edited by DentalDana2; 09-28-2012 at 08:00 PM.
DentalDana2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: