Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #1201
NC State
DIS Veteran

Just returned today. We checked in on 9/15 first day in the LM area. The rooms are great but the only thing that I had an issue is that one of us had to live out of our suitecase. (It was just me and my husband.) The reason why is because you now have a refrigerator, so it takes up one side of the dresser. You only have three small drawers for your clothes. Oh, we didn't have hot water the first night as well but they worked that out and had no problems after the first night.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #1202
donna6635
Mouseketeer

AoA here we come!

I can't wait to get there! A girls vacation starting December 6th... sitting here listening to Disney music.. 75 days are not going to pass quickly enough!
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #1203
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Just returned today. We checked in on 9/15 first day in the LM area. The rooms are great but the only thing that I had an issue is that one of us had to live out of our suitecase. (It was just me and my husband.) The reason why is because you now have a refrigerator, so it takes up one side of the dresser. You only have three small drawers for your clothes. Oh, we didn't have hot water the first night as well but they worked that out and had no problems after the first night.
I never use the drawers anyway (who knows what others put in there, like dirty clothes) but even if I did, I would rather have the fridge
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #1204
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
I sure hope they will be able to fix the wifi reception in the room since so many, myself included, bring notebook computers or iPads or other devices. I don't do a whole lot online while on vacation but I do keep up with my email each day.

I also use my cell phone to keep in touch with family while I'm on vacation so that access is important, too. I have an iPhone 4S on Verizon.

Has anyone compared the reception of different carriers while at AOA?

Jan
I had perfect cell reception while in Triton building.I have verizon. Also busses were great except the night of extra magic hours at magic kingdom.all busses were backed up though.pops line was even a lot worse than ours.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #1205
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

It can't be any worse than our cell phone reception at the POP last year. I couldn't make a single call from inside my room. Always had to go outside. We have T-mobile. But we had the same problem the year before when we had AT&T.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #1206
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The reason why is because you now have a refrigerator, so it takes up one side of the dresser.
I realized that the fridge is taking drawer space, but we'd rather have the fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna6635 View Post
I can't wait to get there! A girls vacation starting December 6th... sitting here listening to Disney music.. 75 days are not going to pass quickly enough!
Ours is a girls only trip also and we can't wait to get there. No husbands means: shop, shop, shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It can't be any worse than our cell phone reception at the POP last year. I couldn't make a single call from inside my room. Always had to go outside. We have T-mobile. But we had the same problem the year before when we had AT&T.
I take down a little 'no contract', 'buy cards with units, as you go' phone and have never had a problem getting service. Go figure!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #1207
allidale
Earning My Ears

We're here right now in a Lion King suite, just checked in today. Had to wait for a bus to Magic Kingdom, just missed one literally by 3 seconds. It took 17 minutes for another one to show up. We asked another bus driver how long it would take, he said 20 minutes. While waiting we saw 3 Hollywood Studios buses come and go and 2 downtown Disney, no Epcot at all now that I think about it since we were going to hop on the Epcot one if the MK one didn't show up since we just needed to get on the monorail to get to Grand Floridian for dinner. We think the suite is using the space very efficiently, kids love it, I'm happy with it too. It is quiet, we are on the 4th floor, which is what we requested.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #1208
Mom loves Disney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. We will keep our reservation as is. We will be leaving Friday. We are going to the BC first, then on to AoA cars suite. Hope to post when we get there.
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2007 Boardwalk March 2014
All Star Music June 2008
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2008
CSR Dec. 2009
CSR Dec. 2011
Pop Century April 2012
Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #1209
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post

I also ran into some cleanliness issues with my room which was a bit of a shock since this section just opened
Obviously mousekeeping missed a room, Our room has been spotless every day. Extra towels for the pool are a must! Just request them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianna26 View Post
Does anyone know how good the wifi is at aoa & cell phone reception?
I am sitting inside in a lake facing LM room and have excellent wifi and cell service,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyheartsmickey View Post
How are the buses since LM section opened and there is now a full house?
We have had very little bus waits. Less than 15 mins with the exception of exiting MK at closing. Both times, we hopped on the POP bus and rode back because their line was empty and just crossed the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
I just bought the PhotoPass Plus! Now I only need to buy the tickets for MNSSHP! Early check-in is getting close as well.
I was so on the fence over photopass plusm but I am sooo glad I bought it!!! We never get ride pics and now we have multiples of every one!

It is AWESOME here!!!!!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #1210
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post

I was so on the fence over photopass plusm but I am sooo glad I bought it!!! We never get ride pics and now we have multiples of every one!

It is AWESOME here!!!!!

I was too! We have 4 character meals and while DD is not tall enough for the big rides, DH and I plan to go on some of the more thrilling rides. We also have an ADR at Tusker House and since there's a photo you can buy, we would like it but not the actual print. So, we can just have it added to the PP card.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #1211
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
I am sitting inside in a lake facing LM room and have excellent wifi and cell service,

It is AWESOME here!!!!!
Could you tell us what building you are in and what room numbers face the lake? TIA
Old 09-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #1212
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
I'm concerned about the dresser situation also. We are getting 2 connecting rooms at LM and will have our 4 kids, plus niece and nephew, and will be there for 9 nights. I'm wondering where I'm going to put everyone's clothes . . . . ?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #1213
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzandWoodyMom
I'm concerned about the dresser situation also. We are getting 2 connecting rooms at LM and will have our 4 kids, plus niece and nephew, and will be there for 9 nights. I'm wondering where I'm going to put everyone's clothes . . . . ?
Maybe you can use what we use...we have the collapsible organizer like you hang in your closet. Usually 12x12 and has 5/6 soft shelves. It collapses flat in your suitcase and holds more than enough stuff for us
Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #1214
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I have a question, how much do the Little Mermaid rooms cost a night? I can't find it on the website

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #1215
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

I have a question for anyone who has stayed there already. Is there a place to buy milk and bread at AoA? My son has to have his milk and peanut butter sandwiches! Thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: