Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #76
vyse22
Earning My Ears

Yay another trip report. Can't wait to read more.
April 2013 Old Key West
Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #77
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

I finally get some dis time and I check in to find I am still caught up.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #78
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Following along
What a precious family (:

Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #79
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have read all your reports but I don't think I have ever replied. I have enjoyed them so thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family. Ready to hear about your new adventure.

Me DH DD DS
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #80
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

I see Barry might still be suffering from that little accident he suffered during his trip. It seems to have jarred his memory,maybe thats the cause for the delays in update.But at least I can keep up with this current pace
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #81
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

I was promised baby pictures! Let's do this thing!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #82
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Gee, I've been gone 9 days now and still no update?????

Maybe I'll check back again when we get home next Saturday.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #83
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

All caught up here.

Update?? You are suppose to update these things?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #84
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
My Daughter in law actually finished up her education here in August of 2010. She really enjoyed her time in Madison, but she doesn't like football.
Doesn't like football? I've never heard of this condition before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Of course it has corners, that's how you can have a map of it. How are you supposed to pin a globe to the wall?
With a very large pin. And a hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I stopped in to read an update and there is none!

I'm still caught up!!
That's Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You know, Tim, today is talk like a pirate day. I hope the pirates don't make their way over to this TR before the end of the day.
yarrrrr...
Quote:
Aye!
They're more like guidelines, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
How long before you can claim squatter's rights?
Do bears squat in the woods? Oh, sorry. Wrong TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyrose View Post
I didn't know Mickey could close his eyes?? hahaha
Yup. It's a really cool effect, except when you look at your pictures after vacation and see Mickey blinking in 2/3 of your shots.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #85
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Ummmmm... is there something we should know?

I really can't wait to read the rest of this trip report!!!

There are two things you should know:
  1. Never get involved in a land war in Asia
  2. Never trust a Canadian with your Photopass Pictures.

Quote:
What a cute couple!!!

Anyone else think Barry is the bride??
You don't see Tigger complaining, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyse22 View Post
Yay another trip report. Can't wait to read more.
Glad you're here! I think I'll actually get an entry done soon. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
I finally get some dis time and I check in to find I am still caught up.....
Are you hinting at something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Following along
What a precious family (:
Thank you and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I have read all your reports but I don't think I have ever replied. I have enjoyed them so thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family. Ready to hear about your new adventure.
All of them? And you came back for more? Well, if you really find this dribble interesting, I'll keep writing it.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #86
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
I see Barry might still be suffering from that little accident he suffered during his trip. It seems to have jarred his memory,maybe thats the cause for the delays in update.But at least I can keep up with this current pace
Buckle your seatbelt Carl, we're about to hit 2nd gear. Right after I grind the gears a couple of times and stall it out twice. But then we'll be ready to roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
I was promised baby pictures! Let's do this thing!
Uh oh. Anger appears to be setting in. I'd better throw a bone just in case I can't get an update tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Gee, I've been gone 9 days now and still no update?????

Maybe I'll check back again when we get home next Saturday.
I didn't want to be rude and post an update while you were gone. Yeah, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up here.

Update?? You are suppose to update these things?
Oooo...the natives are really getting restless.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #87
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I'm in
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #88
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets
I'm in
Welcome! I had good intentions to finish an entry tonight, but my guess is that all of the wives in the neighborhood are watching the Emmys, so all of the husbands are streaming the football game on the Internet. I could barely load the Dis it was so slow! I'll get it finished up at work tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #89
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Kids on a Plane

We interrupt this playful banter to bring you a trip report entry. Your regularly scheduled banter will continue as soon as you're done reading this.

Unlike most of our Disney trips, this one started out very shi...oh, wait, I can't use that particular adjective on these family friendly boards. None the less, it wasn't your typical happy-go-lucky we're-going-to-Disney-World type of day. Mostly because our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 6:15pm, so to conserve precious vacation days, we went to work that morning. Unless there is an overwhelming demand, I'm going to skip all the boring work stuff and skip ahead to where I leave and head home.

We had the van packed the night before, and by the time I got home Bambi had the kids all picked up from day care. We grabbed the last minute things, packed them up and got ready to go.

(Oh, and I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures in this update. The camera was packed away, so all photos in this update were taken with the crappy camera on my iPhone.)

Yes, Ryder is so excited for his first Disney trip that he fell asleep. And yes, Evan is giving himself bunny ears. Not sure if I've ever been prouder.

Since the flight was scheduled from 6:15-9:50, we knew we'd be getting quite hungry about halfway into the flight. Even first time parents know this is a recipe for disaster. Actually, this is the recipe for disaster:

Ingredients
3 small children, under 8 years of age
5 .01oz (ish) peanut packages (Because mom and dad will one too, but be guilted into giving it up a "starving" child)
1 Boeing 737, preferable packed full

Mix the first two ingredients in the 737. Let stew for 3 hours over dinner time. Use caution when opening the door. Contents will be under extreme pressure.

Having perused that cook book before leaving, we decided to stop at Wendy's on the way to the airport because of two of the three following reasons. You can decide which two are valid
a)it's cheaper than anything you'll get at the airport
b)it's right on the way to the airport
c)quality food

We arrived at the airport in plenty of time, so we conducted our usual airport drop off procedure - I dropped Bambi and the kids off at the curb with the luggage to check (thank god for Bags Fly Free on Southwest!) while I then drove to the cheap remote parking place and took the shuttle back. By the time I met up with them outside security, they had all the bags checked and we were ready to cruise...wait. Let me try that again. We were ready to fumble through security, separating everything we've packed so nicely from everything else and getting all discombobulated. Luckily, Milwaukee's airport has a place to remedy that.

On the way to our gate, we passed one of the airport giftshops. After I pulled myself back up off the floor from laughing so hard, I got my phone out to take a picture. However, as soon as I saw the shirt through my viewfinder, I started laughing all over again and had to take another minute to compose myself before I could snap the picture.

Ok, we were finally on our way again. Nothing was going to stop us now from getting on that plane!

Ok, that might.

Our 6:15 departure had been delayed to 6:25. Ok. No big deal. Then our 6:25 was delayed to 6:35. Hmmm...I've seen this movie before and I don't like how it ends. I think it was pushed back one more time to 6:45, but eventually the plane did land, get cleaned up for us, we were seated "comfortably" and ready to fly.

About 3 1/2 seconds after the flight attendant announced that we could use approved electronic devices, Madison and Evan were asking to watch a movie. Being a normal brother and sister, they couldn't agree on one. Thankfully I planned ahead and brought both laptops. 18 points will be awarded to the first person to identify what each child is watching.

Ryder fussed and cried for the first 20 minutes or so of the flight, but then fell asleep on comfy ole daddy's shoulder.

Aside from landing about 20 minutes late, the rest of the flight was fine. We boarded the not-a-monorail and headed to the not-quite-Magical-Express.

Which is basically Grandma and Grandpa sitting curbside waiting for us. (For those new to my TRs, Bambi's parents live in Lakeland, FL and we always combine Disney Trips with visits to them.) Since we are now a family of 5, we can no longer all fit in their Ford Explorer. Thus, they brought their other car, saving us the cost of renting one.

Bambi and I took Ryder with us while Madison and Evan went with their grandparents to get a snack and head to their house. We had a different destination in mind - Downtown Disney. It would be cutting it close, but we wanted to get there before they closed so we could exchange our vouchers for the actual Annual Pass, saving us that time on Monday morning - our first scheduled park day. We arrived in time for to take care of that, but after the stores had closed for the night. We were heartbroken, so decided to drown our sorrows in double scoops of Ghirardelli's ice cream on the drive to Lakeland. Contrary to popular belief, ice cream at 11:30 at night is a good idea.

Up Next: A Day at the Beach. Unless it rains. Which it will.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #90
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Unlike most of our Disney trips, this one started out very shi...oh, wait, I can't use that particular adjective on these family friendly boards. None the less, it wasn't your typical happy-go-lucky we're-going-to-Disney-World type of day. Mostly because our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 6:15pm, so to conserve precious vacation days, we went to work that morning. Unless there is an overwhelming demand, I'm going to skip all the boring work stuff and skip ahead to where I leave and head home.
I'm ok with that, as long as you put a cover sheet on your TPS reports.

Quote:
Yes, Ryder is so excited for his first Disney trip that he fell asleep. And yes, Evan is giving himself bunny ears. Not sure if I've ever been prouder.

Quote:
Actually, this is the recipe for disaster:

Ingredients
3 small children, under 8 years of age
5 .01oz (ish) peanut packages (Because mom and dad will one too, but be guilted into giving it up a "starving" child)
1 Boeing 737, preferable packed full

Mix the first two ingredients in the 737. Let stew for 3 hours over dinner time. Use caution when opening the door. Contents will be under extreme pressure.
If you can give one of them an ear or sinus infection ahead of time, that would really do the trick.

Quote:
Having perused that cook book before leaving, we decided to stop at Wendy's on the way to the airport because of two of the three following reasons. You can decide which two are valid
a)it's cheaper than anything you'll get at the airport
b)it's right on the way to the airport
c)quality food
I'm just going to assume there was no Taco Bell on the way, or else you'd satisfy all 3.

Quote:
We were ready to fumble through security, separating everything we've packed so nicely from everything else and getting all discombobulated. Luckily, Milwaukee's airport has a place to remedy that.
Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

Quote:
However, as soon as I saw the shirt through my viewfinder, I started laughing all over again and had to take another minute to compose myself before I could snap the picture.

Quote:
Ok, we were finally on our way again. Nothing was going to stop us now from getting on that plane!
Don't worry--I'm a limo driver!

Quote:
18 points will be awarded to the first person to identify what each child is watching.
I got nothin'. They need more explosions.

Quote:
We arrived in time for to take care of that, but after the stores had closed for the night. We were heartbroken, so decided to drown our sorrows in double scoops of Ghirardelli's ice cream on the drive to Lakeland. Contrary to popular belief, ice cream at 11:30 at night is a good idea.
You mean there was any doubt?

Quote:
Up Next: A Day at the Beach. Unless it rains. Which it will.
Geez, how about a spoiler warning?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: