Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Another "What Would You Do?" Question

We are going in a few weeks now and I have two questions for everyone.

We got one admission for the early hour (we're staying at the Fairfield Inn) and one admission into Mickey's Toontown.

I know we want to do Carsland first thing. However, after reading a few things, it might seem to make more sense to use our early hour at DL and then head back to Toontown. If I've read correctly, if we did that, then we wouldn't miss the actual opening of Toontown, right? We arrive late on a Thursday, so we'd have Friday and Monday as possibilities for the early hour at DCA and Saturday and Sunday for DL. On one side, I know we should probably do Carsland, but on the other side, I was thinking that early Sunday morning at DL would be a good idea.

My other question is about something that appeared in our invoice from the travel agent. On there it says "Priority Seating for Disney's California Adventure". What exactly is that?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Early morning hour for DCA is only valid if you stay at the on site hotels, and when you go, Sundays will have switched over to being a DCA early morning hour, so Saturday is your chance to use your Magic Morning hour which is only valid at DL.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
Early morning hour for DCA is only valid if you stay at the on site hotels, and when you go, Sundays will have switched over to being a DCA early morning hour, so Saturday is your chance to use your Magic Morning hour which is only valid at DL.
That's very helpful. I guess I know what we're doing now.

Would Monday then be maybe a better day to see Carsland right at the beginning of the day?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Priority seating for DCA is probably referring to Aladdin and a couple other shows (I can't recall the others off the top of my head).
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
sechelt
Mouseketeer

And priority seating isn't really anything special, unless it's changed. You still have to arrive early except we were put into a special, separate line. The only diff was we were allowed into the theatre one minute before everyone else, so we could choose our seats first. There weren't any seats set aside for us if we arrived late. That was a few years ago so maybe it's different now.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
pharmama
DIS Veteran

If its the standard coupon/discount book it will be single use priority seating vouchers for Art of Animation, Aladdin, It's Tough to be a Bug and Muppetvision.

We only used the Aladdin one and it was exactly as described. Separate group that was allowed into the theatre first. Did mean we got front row seats which DD was thrilled about, but not everyone in the priority group will fit in the first row. But expect at least first few rows for Aladdin anyway.

They were VERY strict about priority seating people saving seats. So don't plan on doing that as you will likely be disappointed. We weren't trying to save (was just me and DD) but we saw lots of people getting yelled at.

Disneyland many times as a child, now sharing the magic with my children....
Disneyland 5K 2014 (as Lilo & DD9 as Stitch), Disneyland 10K 2014 (dressed as Jessie)
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmama
If its the standard coupon/discount book it will be single use priority seating vouchers for Art of Animation, Aladdin, It's Tough to be a Bug and Muppetvision.

We only used the Aladdin one and it was exactly as described. Separate group that was allowed into the theatre first. Did mean we got front row seats which DD was thrilled about, but not everyone in the priority group will fit in the first row. But expect at least first few rows for Aladdin anyway.

They were VERY strict about priority seating people saving seats. So don't plan on doing that as you will likely be disappointed. We weren't trying to save (was just me and DD) but we saw lots of people getting yelled at.
What kind of show is the Art of Animation?

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
krispin41
DIS Veteran

It's not a show. An animator will show you how to draw a Disney character. My DH and I did it twice. He loved it, would have spent all day there. We did Mickey and Jack Skellington. There will be a schedule posted for which character you will be doing.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post

Would Monday then be maybe a better day to see Carsland right at the beginning of the day?
Good idea for Monday are usually less busy. But then, if it's your last day in the Parks, it can get risky...

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: