Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

i really hope these arent confirmed as my son only likes the thrill rides and SM is closed the entire time we are there if these stay the same

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #17
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
These are still unconfirmed and might change again

For IASW it is very possible that the Christmas refit will be done in October

SM2 might see the new restraints and head rests been installed
Whilst i'm gutted that it's closed whilst we are there in november, luckily i'll get to go on it plenty in 3 weeks.

Are the headrests confirmed, and is this in response to the extremely bumpy rides you can have? We all find it bangs your head around a fair bit!

In regards to Armegeddon, I really think it would be so much better without the build-up show behind it.... it makes you not want to bother with it again... perhaps give people a choice? 1 show with and 1 without?

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Gutted about the tea cups, we love them as a family and they are quite a fast loading ride in EMH (as opposed to Dumbo!!). Hoping they are open 1st & 2nd December but I suspect some of these rides advertised as closed up until 30th November may stretch into December - but the dates aren't printed yet (I'm guessing, not looked as on my way out the house).

Yes, there will be another ride in lieu of tea cups at EMH - they tend to do this and did it in June when Carousel was closed - it was IASW instead (and will probably be this time).

Not too worried about the rest - at least Carousel is open as DD2 loves it and it was closed all our June trip - not my fave ride but if the girls are happy then I am .
Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Yes, there will be another ride in lieu of tea cups at EMH - they tend to do this and did it in June when Carousel was closed - it was IASW instead (and will probably be this time).

Not too worried about the rest - at least Carousel is open as DD2 loves it and it was closed all our June trip - not my fave ride but if the girls are happy then I am .
That's what I was hoping too!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #20
Tinkjon
hailing to the pumpkin sound

I'm pretty pleased with that for our trip - none of the ones we love are closed. But DS is completely in love with the Autopia-style ride in WDW and we were so lolooking fwd to trying the DLP version, but am gutted that it's only open the afternoon we get there and the day we leave. At least he will get to ride it but he doesn't do many of the rides andt he could quite happily do thtqa one over and over again qall week. It wouldn't be so bad if it was one of the rides that were open all day but for some reason it often only seems to open at about 11am...
Tinkjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I'm pretty pleased with that for our trip - none of the ones we love are closed. But DS is completely in love with the Autopia-style ride in WDW and we were so lolooking fwd to trying the DLP version, but am gutted that it's only open the afternoon we get there and the day we leave. At least he will get to ride it but he doesn't do many of the rides andt he could quite happily do thtqa one over and over again qall week. It wouldn't be so bad if it was one of the rides that were open all day but for some reason it often only seems to open at about 11am...
in 11 trips to DLP we've not yet done Autopia, because the queues are always so large when the ride is open .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Is it very wrong of me as a mother of a 4-year old to be secretly delighted that the teacups are out of action for our trip......?
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
Tinkjon
hailing to the pumpkin sound

We've never done it either, Elaine - for the same reason as you. But having done the equivalent in WDW we just HAVE to do it now!

And I SO agree about being glad that the teacups are out of action
Tinkjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
in 11 trips to DLP we've not yet done Autopia, because the queues are always so large when the ride is open .
I was the same until last year, we queued during the end of EMH so it didn't take that long, did the same this year too

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

I didn't really rate EMH that much last time we went. The queue time seems the same, if not longer, because they open so few rides. It'll be worth doing if we're up but I'm not sure I'll be rushing to make the most of the 2 hours this time. Some days an extra half hour in bed may be preferable That said we'll be much nearer the parks this time (HNY as opposed to Santa Fe!) so it might not make much difference!

I'll be sad if the teacups and Casey Jr are closed throughout our visit. My 5 year old isn't a thrill seeker but she enjoyed the teacups. Casey Jr was "too fast" for her (bless!) but I reckon we might be able to persuade her to give it another go this time round.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: