Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Where to buy milk/juice at CBR?

We are staying at CBR for the first time with a 16 month old. To settle down in the evenings for bed and for naps she usually has juice or milk and then I rock her to sleep - I'm a stay at home Momma so she is pretty dependant on this routine to sleep! My concern...we are bringing a container of milk with us on the plane, but where can I buy milk at CBR without spending an arm and a leg for those little soda bottle sized containers? Is there a shop at the Old Port Royale where I can get that sort of thing? Or is my best bet using the refillable mugs and keeping them in the room fridge?

I appreciate any help offered - we've never taken a vacation like this before!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

If your on a dining plan will get a juice or milk with meal and will have fridge in rooms. but in gift stores of any resort I stayed in they have half gallons of milk or quarts. even if little more still cheaper than running off property to go get it. IMO. now if you need a lot of stuff garden grocer.com you can go and order anything you need or want and they will deliever and it will be a bell services when you arrive. we do our water this way. it is $40 minimum order but to sedn water from home is higher thatn that.
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopynut66 View Post
If your on a dining plan will get a juice or milk with meal and will have fridge in rooms. but in gift stores of any resort I stayed in they have half gallons of milk or quarts. even if little more still cheaper than running off property to go get it. IMO. now if you need a lot of stuff garden grocer.com you can go and order anything you need or want and they will deliever and it will be a bell services when you arrive. we do our water this way. it is $40 minimum order but to sedn water from home is higher thatn that.
Oh awesome thank you! Half gallons are perfect, that's all we'll need...maybe two for the week. Thanks so much!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I just had to smile because this was DS5's routine for many years. We switched to a sippy cup and book about two, but still the bedtime milk! Anyway....your question. We have stayed at many different resorts. Always found 1/2 gallon at any of the values food courts, even before frigs were in the rooms. Found it at WL sometimes, but recently stayed at CSR and they only had small bottles. So it might be a hit or miss for the 1/2 gallons. DS had to be milk so never really looked for 1/2 gallon of juice.
Refillable mugs do not include milk or juice. We also found many times when we traveled with DS at that age, he was already asleep when we got back to the room. A small bottle of milk was perfect for his bed time and his am (yep, we had the SAME am routine too) cup or bottle. We also tried when we traveled other places where milk was not always available, to buy the small boxes of shelf stable milk, but DS REFUSED them. They do work well for many kids and you can always take 100% juice boxes and pour it into the cup or bottle.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: