Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
mommyto3boys
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the in put....if I can convince hubby (who tends to be a little bit of a tightwad) how amazing this will be, then I will definitely schedule it for in the evening.

Me DH DS14 DS12 DS9
DL 1980, 1989, 2006 - WDW 1992

My DISign Thread.....http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2997040
My Photobucket.......http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...ney%20Designs/
mommyto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Priory
Mouseketeer

That later/evening tour sounds wonderful... But with 2 candlelight processionals each night this year, I think everything is going to change. I hope they release details soon.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #18
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

mommyto3boys -

I'm not sure which posts you saw that were a few years old but the tour has not really changed in a few years, by most accounts - so what was applicable 3 years ago was still basically applicable in 2011, with the exception of maybe the color of the cookie and the actual cost of the tour. This year things may differ slightly because the Candlelight Processional will affect parade times.

Anyway, here are fabulous tour posts with either info or photos from DIS'er areweindisneyyet:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2484

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820066

And more fantastic tour posts from DIS'er tksbaskets, which include the 2011 tour and the 2009 tour:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2365

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2364

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-16-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I've merged the two Holiday Tour/Is It Worth It/Is It Worth a Repeat threads together.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

We will be there from December 29 - Jan.4. Does anyone know if the holiday tour will still be offered during our dates?

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #21
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
We will be there from December 29 - Jan.4. Does anyone know if the holiday tour will still be offered during our dates?
disneymum58 -

In the first post on Page 1 of this thread from 2011 (by areweindisneyyet), I see that there were people scheduled to do the tour on December 30 & 31 of last year. I think the listings stop after that, but I'm not sure if that means that there were no more holiday tours after New Year's Eve, or if it just means that no one else happened to get their name on the list.

In any case, it's a safe bet to assume that the tours extend at least through December 31, so you will have a chance to do it!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #22
twinky
Earning My Ears

I think we're sold.

Sounds like a great activity for me, my mother and two kids during our upcoming November visit. Thanks for the tips and info.
twinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile Parade times?

I'm planning on booking this for my Nov trip. We will be there just at the beginning of the holiday timing.

Will the parade still be at 5:30pm?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
dana278
Mouseketeer

It looks like I'm going to have to squeeze this tour into my quick trip in December! I've never been to Disneyland for the holidays, but I'm making a weekend visit just to catch the holidays this year. I'll only be there one Saturday (and part of Sunday morning) but I think this tour sounds worth it. I've never seen a Disney parade!
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

OMG! This sounds perfect for me and my 2 sisters! DH & I are Disneyland veterans but I'm going to DLand with my sisters in early December. I would love to book a surprise tour for them. Oldest sis has a hard time standing, so the only way we'll be able to see a parade is by sitting, I think this'll be the way to go. She finishes radiation therapy for breast cancer later this month, so she'll be sufficiently recovered by Dec. 4. Thinking of things to make this trip special.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #26
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have insider information when this tour will be announced this year? Curious what time and how often it will be with the changes to the Candlelight processional.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: