Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #16
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard!! Is this your 1st time cruising period or just your 1st time cruising with disney? Either way, you gals are going to have a blast!!!

What type of cabin did you get? This is only our 2nd cruise.. and we are totally hooked... my bff told me for years we'd be hooked and I never believed her.. now she just laughs at me because I eat sleep and breathe DCL

If you have any questions at ALL, feel free to ask me, even if you think they are dumb, i seriously don't care! Last time, I had about a bazillion questions and wound up private messaging someone from our meet group (thank goodness i met a realllllly nice lady who didn't mind!) so that was really awesome!

Once more people get on the thread we can start a file for rooms and what not for an FE list for who all is participating on that note.. and we can come up with a deadline when it gets closer to that time.

Do you do facebook? We are trying to figure out how to connect all together on facebook if we can all find each other lol gotta love technology!

DH has already informed me that on this cruise I may need to take my magnets down a notch.. even our stateroom host last time made a comment that we *may* have had to many last time since he, and we, and everyone kept knocking them off last time... (I was new.. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know what the "average" magnet to door ratio was...and i wanted to be prepared... ) Oh well, i keep telling myself i need to work on new Cozumel magnets Once we get our facebook group figured out if and when i get some made i'll post some of the graphics there if you guys want them.

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Alliebellemans
Earning My Ears

We have a one bedroom suite. And yes this is our first cruise ever. We are going with our "adopted" uncle as I call him. A family friend that has no extended family, so we reap the benefits, and I'd say we scored on this one! He picked this just for my five year old!! I'm excited to learn any little hints as this progresses!! I'm sure I will have a million questions as time goes by!
Alliebellemans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Add two more to the bunch! I'm Debbie and DH is Terry. We are so excited about having the Magic so close to home. Wanted to drive to Galveston but was afraid I'd cry when she sailed away with out me!!! My husband lovingly said get over it! Haha We haven't been on the Magic in over ten years but did B2B's on the Dream about a year ago. I was so excited when I saw that great price and DH said go for it and that's all that took! Never cruised in February before but we're the type to have fun no matter the weather. One of our best days at Dis was when a tropical storm moved in and it rained most of the day. Not that it would ever do that on our cruise! LoL Also I might as well confess that we do have a family trip on the Magic in just 6 weeks! Yikes a doodle!!! Look forward to reading more of your posts and thanks for starting this thread.
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliebellemans View Post
Ok girls I see there is a lot of experience out there and I want in on it! This will be our first cruise for my daughter and I and I am so excited!!! I already have too many plans for an FE and definitely don't want to miss out on any fun extras!! Any and all hints, tips, and more send them my way!!! Thanks and can't wait to learn more. Lavish me with all you got!!
Hey!! How exciting!! How old is your daughter? It's great to have y'all aboard!! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We've also sailed on Carnival 4 times. I tried to start a Facebook page so we could chat and get to know each other that way, but for some reason that's not going exactly as planned!!

Lee Ann
Old 09-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post
I'm probably easier to find on facebook... my name is Elizabeth Smith Free.. it's a picture of me and DH.. i've got on a black shrug, and I'm on the left, DH is on the right of the picture. My cover photo is of the Magic at Castaway Cay

I had my friend look you up too.... can't find you either. Who knows.. sometimes facebook drives me crazy since they've made all these changes.
I sent you a FB message and friend request!!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #21
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
Add two more to the bunch! I'm Debbie and DH is Terry. We are so excited about having the Magic so close to home. Wanted to drive to Galveston but was afraid I'd cry when she sailed away with out me!!! My husband lovingly said get over it! Haha We haven't been on the Magic in over ten years but did B2B's on the Dream about a year ago. I was so excited when I saw that great price and DH said go for it and that's all that took! Never cruised in February before but we're the type to have fun no matter the weather. One of our best days at Dis was when a tropical storm moved in and it rained most of the day. Not that it would ever do that on our cruise! LoL Also I might as well confess that we do have a family trip on the Magic in just 6 weeks! Yikes a doodle!!! Look forward to reading more of your posts and thanks for starting this thread.
Great to have you aboard!! You will have to fill us in on all the details about the port and Galveston!! I've never been to Galveston so I have no clue about what to expect!! I'm trying to set up a Facebook page, but noone can find me. I think it must be my privacy setting, but have to clue on how to change them!!

Lee Ann
Old 09-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Ok, I think I got the Facebook thing figured out!! I changed a security setting that now allows everyone to see my Timeline and send me messages. So, let's try it again.
I'm Lee Ann Fortenberry, and my profile pic is of me and Capt. Mickey. My timeline pic is of a plane flying over the beach at St. Martin.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #23
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliebellemans View Post
We have a one bedroom suite. And yes this is our first cruise ever. We are going with our "adopted" uncle as I call him. A family friend that has no extended family, so we reap the benefits, and I'd say we scored on this one! He picked this just for my five year old!! I'm excited to learn any little hints as this progresses!! I'm sure I will have a million questions as time goes by!
Fun!!! I'm sure you guys will love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
Welcome aboard Debbie and Terry!! Where are you guys from?? Terry sounds a bit like my DH Danny... when I woke him up at whatever awful hour in the AM it was that morning they released the prices and told him the price of this trip his eyes got all big and he said BOOK IT!!! I've never felt so in love.... LOL We've also never cruised in Feb before.. I guess we'll all see how that goes together.. but I'm with you, I'm sure whatever happens it'll still be better than being at work! I'm with Lee Ann, you'll have to share with us all about the port because I'm clueless! and I'm in the process of planning now so I need tips and pointers, so you'll have to fill us in on everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out to Sea Lee View Post
Ok, I think I got the Facebook thing figured out!! I changed a security setting that now allows everyone to see my Timeline and send me messages. So, let's try it again.
I'm Lee Ann Fortenberry, and my profile pic is of me and Capt. Mickey. My timeline pic is of a plane flying over the beach at St. Martin.
Here's a link to her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/outtosealee

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 09-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out to Sea Lee

Great to have you aboard!! You will have to fill us in on all the details about the port and Galveston!! I've never been to Galveston so I have no clue about what to expect!! I'm trying to set up a Facebook page, but noone can find me. I think it must be my privacy setting, but have to clue on how to change them!!

Lee Ann
Happy to help answer any questions about our area. Can't wait to see navigators from the Galveston cruises. I think Galveston is a great port. Plenty to see and do and if you are coming in early I would suggest getting a hotel on the island. Many times 45 south is somewhat congested. Hobby is your closest airport. Have fun making your trip plans it will be here before you know it!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #25
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out to Sea Lee View Post
We are going to be driving in and staying at a hotel on the island.. we've actually never been to Galveston before so not sure what to expect.. only been to Dallas and I'm sure they are completely different! I've been stalking the threads on here about Galveston and can't seem to make a decision on which hotel is better! And I'm with you on the personal nav's... i just can't wait to get them!!!

Has anybody ever been to Cozumel before or does anybody have any plans yet of something you'd like to do there? We're going back and forth with a few different ideas so far, nothing solid yet.. too many choices!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425

We are going to be driving in and staying at a hotel on the island.. we've actually never been to Galveston before so not sure what to expect.. only been to Dallas and I'm sure they are completely different! I've been stalking the threads on here about Galveston and can't seem to make a decision on which hotel is better! And I'm with you on the personal nav's... i just can't wait to get them!!!

Has anybody ever been to Cozumel before or does anybody have any plans yet of something you'd like to do there? We're going back and forth with a few different ideas so far, nothing solid yet.. too many choices!!
Hi again! Terry and I have been to Cozumel a lot! It's the port every ship out of Galveston goes to. In November we're going to Paradise beach. Very clean and safe with lots of beach toys ect. 10 or 15 minutes by cab. Lots of beach front places to get a chair or take a boat out to snorkel. We just choose to swim right off shore. Beaches in Cozumel are white sands with crystal clear waters. Sadly the fish and reefs from the beach are not what they use to be but what is. Shopping is safe! Just walk off the ship and head down the main street you'll see it from the ship. Really nice friendly people on this little island. This will be our first trip not to rent a car. Terry and I love to just take off and see what we're in the mood for. Love the back side of the island it's desolate and kinda cool but you can't swim there. You can circle the island in less then 2 hours with stops for pictures and of course a cool drink along they way. I feel this is a very safe port but things can happen anywhere but they need tourism so they protect that income. We've done Playa Mia and Chankanaab ( hope that's how you spell it?) we never book on the ship for Cozumel. Most things are at least half the price or less. When I went on a girls only cruise we decided to use the beach right by the pier ( I think it was a chain restaurant and we just bought drinks) we always ask the crew where their going and they never stirred us wrong. It's fun going to a place where a lot of the CM's hang out. Kinda cute to see them with friends. Well I've blabbed my head off! Hope I haven't bored you to death!!! Lol to answer earlier question Terry and I are both from the Houston area. We have a gorgeous daughter and a wonderful son in law. We're 56 and 59 ( oops someone forgot to tell us we got old) Nope I refuse to act my age! Dis does bring out the kid in you!!!! And did anyone say Magnets??? YES!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Lol.. you guys sound like you are a hoot!! Danny, my DH keeps hearing from some of his customers (he works in a restaurant and has a lot of regulars that become friends) keep telling him that we HAVE to do this submarine excursion which is the whole reason he wants to go to cozumel.. me... not so much...

Our last cruise was our first beach/ocean experience (we're from Arkansas..there's just no sea life here!! lol!) and I fell in LOVE with Castaway Cay.. however once I got about shoulder deep in, I saw a fish and I started screaming and it about scared the heebie jeebies out of me... and honestly i think it scared some of the children around us too.... (not the fish.. me screaming.......)

But anyways.....my family and friends seem to take a lot of pleasure in that story and my main goal with this trip is to **TRY** to overcome my fish fear.. but i just don't know if throwing myself in a submarine is the best idea! I youtubed the video of that excursion and it didn't seem all that interesting honestly.. I mean once you've watched a special on the discovery channel about the ocean you've pretty much seen the same thing.. then I saw a youtube video for that excursion where they put those helmet things on you and you sink down to the bottom of the ocean but your free to move but you can still breathe (I don't remember what it's called...) but wow.. the worker's started feeding the fish and there were like thousands of fish that started swirling around those people!!

I read another thread that said Paradise Beach was nice.. and I've seen some all inclusive beach threads that I've been trying to read.. and I just read one about a chocolate factory.. I know I want to get some beach time in (assuming that you can even get into the water in February....) so who knows. We're excited.... that's all that matters I guess!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
krissy2803
DIS Veteran

Hello!
I just booked this cruise for myself and a friend. This will be a ladies only getaway.

This will be my third Disney cruise and my friends first ever cruise.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #29
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy2803 View Post
Hello!
I just booked this cruise for myself and a friend. This will be a ladies only getaway.

This will be my third Disney cruise and my friends first ever cruise.
Hey!! It's great to have you aboard!! I think we are all getting excited around here!! We've started a facebook page and there has been discussion about a FE group!!

A girls only trip sounds like tons of fun!! It will be my DH and I cruising this time. Leaving the kiddos at home!!

Lee Ann
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #30
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

welcome aboard krissy!!! links to our meet list and our facebook page are all on the first post if your interested!

where are you gals from and what made you decide to take a girls only cruise?? sounds like a lot of fun to be had!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: