Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
glamgurl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7

Disneyland Thanksgiving Feast

Ok, I am new to the whole forums thing, and kinda got distracted by some of the negativity, so I have not searched as well as I normally would, but I can not find anything about Thanksgiving at the Disneyland Resort. If this is the wrong place to put this, I'm sorry too. I am traveling in November, over Thanksgiving, and someone had said that Disneyland does a Thanksgiving Feast. Does anyone have any information about this? Does it exist? Do I need special tickets? How much are they? All that Jazz. I would really appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks in advance!
glamgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgurl View Post
Ok, I am new to the whole forums thing, and kinda got distracted by some of the negativity, so I have not searched as well as I normally would, but I can not find anything about Thanksgiving at the Disneyland Resort. If this is the wrong place to put this, I'm sorry too. I am traveling in November, over Thanksgiving, and someone had said that Disneyland does a Thanksgiving Feast. Does anyone have any information about this? Does it exist? Do I need special tickets? How much are they? All that Jazz. I would really appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks in advance!
Disneyland offers a number of Thanksgiving dining options throughout the resort. What you may have heard about is the special character dinner in the Disneyland Hotel ballroom. It is very spendy, to the tune of $70+ per adult. I have never been because I cannot stomach the cost for a family of four "Disney adults" at this time, but I have seen very glowing reviews about the experience. Some lesser priced non-character meal alternatives include the buffet at Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian and the meal at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel. I think the PCH Grill meal is also buffet, but I haven't been to that one, so I'm not sure. A number of other restaurants in the parks and in Downtown Disney will also offer traditional Thanksgiving non-buffet meals. More information about this year's dining options should be available from Disney soon since we are nearing the 60 day mark, and I expect there will be further discussion on these boards about this topic. FWIW, this seems like it would have been a fine thread to post to the main Disneyland discussion board and would probably get more attention over there.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
glamgurl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7

Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
Disneyland offers a number of Thanksgiving dining options throughout the resort. What you may have heard about is the special character dinner in the Disneyland Hotel ballroom. It is very spendy, to the tune of $70+ per adult. I have never been because I cannot stomach the cost for a family of four "Disney adults" at this time, but I have seen very glowing reviews about the experience. Some lesser priced non-character meal alternatives include the buffet at Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian and the meal at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel. I think the PCH Grill meal is also buffet, but I haven't been to that one, so I'm not sure. A number of other restaurants in the parks and in Downtown Disney will also offer traditional Thanksgiving non-buffet meals. More information about this year's dining options should be available from Disney soon since we are nearing the 60 day mark, and I expect there will be further discussion on these boards about this topic. FWIW, this seems like it would have been a fine thread to post to the main Disneyland discussion board and would probably get more attention over there.
Thank-you for all that information! I really appreciate it. $70 per person does sound like a TON of money to spend on a dinner and I have a family of 7! But this is a special occasion and I think I just might look into it. I have done a couple of the VIP experiences at Disneyland and they really are very exclusive and were worth the extra price I paid when all was said and done, so I am assuming that the Thanksgiving Feast will be no different. But it would definitely be the ONLY thing we do while we are down there! LOL I have already bought character dining, but may have to cancel that in lieu of this. Thanks again for taking the time to give me this information!
__________________
Live Life Glamorously!
glamgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgurl View Post
Thank-you for all that information! I really appreciate it. $70 per person does sound like a TON of money to spend on a dinner and I have a family of 7! But this is a special occasion and I think I just might look into it. I have done a couple of the VIP experiences at Disneyland and they really are very exclusive and were worth the extra price I paid when all was said and done, so I am assuming that the Thanksgiving Feast will be no different. But it would definitely be the ONLY thing we do while we are down there! LOL I have already bought character dining, but may have to cancel that in lieu of this. Thanks again for taking the time to give me this information!
I should add that the cost of the ballroom meal is much less for children age 3-9 and free for under age 3. I don't recall the children's price, but I think it is only a few dollars more than Goofy's Kitchen peak pricing.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
glamgurl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7

Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
I should add that the cost of the ballroom meal is much less for children age 3-9 and free for under age 3. I don't recall the children's price, but I think it is only a few dollars more than Goofy's Kitchen peak pricing.
That's good to know! Most of my kids are "adults" by Disney standards, although it makes me laugh when I look at my tiny little 10 year old and remember that he is considered an "adult". But then I have always thought that they need a better designation than Adult and Child, because in reality, it is more about the age interested and their size. But where I don't have a valid solution to request, I guess Adult and Child is as good as anything I've come up with! LOL So, hopefully, with one that is still considered a child, it will be slightly less than $490. I am getting SO excited for this! Thank-you again for sharing that information with me!
__________________
Live Life Glamorously!
glamgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess
 
DharmaLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,413

Here is the info from Thanksgiving last year:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Ev...nksgiving.html

We decided to hit up Goofy's Kitchen. I strongly considered the one at the Grand Ballroom, but decided to use that $ towards more souvenirs etc.
__________________
DharmaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thanksgiving



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.