Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Did you, as parents, every go back to WDW without your kids?

Our daughter is almost 18, and will be in college by the time we take this trip (so we're planning.)

A little bit of background..we went to WDW every year for 7 years from the time she was 3 (almost 4.) We always took her out of school for a week (back in the day when we could get the GF for 179.00 per night, and length of stay park-hoppers.) We did all of the 'must-dos'...CRT breakfast, Illuminations, Fantasmic, and two different years..her birthday. January 2005 was our last trip. (Didn't want to take her out of school after that, as she was in 5th grade.)

We can't believe (now) how much WDW has changed! (After viewing all of the photos from websites, blogs and forums.) We're now eager to get back. We're a family of Disney nuts We've taken Disney cruises in lieu of visiting the parks, and we go during spring break and summer.

Here's my problem...I easily get melancholy. I'm concerned that I'll be overwhelmed with memories of when our DD was little, wearing her princess dress, and believing characters were 'real.' She won't be able to go with us, as she'll be in college. My DH and I love the rides (except there are a few I WON'T ride) and I, especially love the shows.

Did anyone else feel the same way about going back (without kids,) and if so, did you have a better time than expected? I know this sounds silly, and that I should be very happy that WE can still go. (Grandkids, if we ever have any, are still MANY years away.) I want to call my niece, and ask her and her husband if we can 'borrow' their 3 year-old DD (my great niece.) I don't think she'll agree to it, as they have their own plans to take her one day.

Thanks for listening!

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: