Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #1336
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

I'm not going to let some pale green walls scare me or make me think I'm missing something -- it's Disney World, it will be magic!

Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1337
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbl289 View Post
I saw you had mentioned the path and saw this on YouTube yesterday and shows the entire path from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian and the path is still open and current for it shows the construction. It was uploaded within the past week. It runs a bit long but if you advance it you can see the construction toward the ending and the path ending at the Grand. Thought it might be interesting besides it is so pretty to see the landscape and the Grand even when you can't be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIVf...ure=plpp_video
They need to add some music or something to that video...It had a creepy sound like a horror film or something Nonetheless, I enjoyed it all the same! Thank you for posting it! I will certainly take the walk the first night we are there (which is now less than 2 weeks away...yahoo!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #1338
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
They need to add some music or something to that video...It had a creepy sound like a horror film or something Nonetheless, I enjoyed it all the same! Thank you for posting it! I will certainly take the walk the first night we are there (which is now less than 2 weeks away...yahoo!)
So, you got Blair Witch Project out of it as well?

Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #1339
cgulls
Mouseketeer

and the hits just keep on comin' ...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...-relocated.htm
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #1340
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
In a tent....Really? Well, I couldn't work out because it was in a tent, and I had to eat at only the most expensive places there, because the CS was closed. Sounds like a perfect vacation to me!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #1341
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In a tent....Really? Well, I couldn't work out because it was in a tent, and I had to eat at only the most expensive places there, because the CS was closed. Sounds like a perfect vacation to me!
It appears I will be suffering along with you......however, my trainer gave me the "hotel room workout" which I can forward on to you. It involves all kinds of fun things like handstand wall pushups, planks on the mattress, prison squats, etc. I know you want it, don't you...all the other mouseketeers are going to be doing it!

Tom
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #1342
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
It appears I will be suffering along with you......however, my trainer gave me the "hotel room workout" which I can forward on to you. It involves all kinds of fun things like handstand wall pushups, planks on the mattress, prison squats, etc. I know you want it, don't you...all the other mouseketeers are going to be doing it!

Tom
Darn, now I have to come up with another excuse....
Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #1343
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Thanks! That is a good idea, but we booked GF on a bounceback rate when we were there in December last year and it would cost us an additional $2,300+ to switch to club/conceirge now. I think I can buy over a month of room service breakfasts for that !
You still might be able to book club level at the GF. The beauty of the bounceback rates is the flexibility IMO. You can switch room category, dates or even resorts based on availability. Still I don't remember pancakes or waffles in the lounges. Since your DD really wants to stay at the GF, perhaps she'll discover a new favorite way to start her day. Good luck with your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.G.mommy View Post
Is a theme park view worth the cost? We stayed at the Floridian last March in a basic garden view room, which was perfectly fine. We are heading back this coming March, this time traveling with another family from school....the mom has shown interest in upgrading the rooms.....our kids are all within 6-2 years old.....

Club level has never made sense for us yet....we always do character meals for breakfast, parks during the day and table service dinners.....it just didn't seem like we would get much out of the experience...correct me if I am wrong!
For us, theme park view is not usually worth it. However, it would be a way to guarantee that you would have no view of construction from your room if that would bother you.

I agree with you about club level given your habits. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskimom View Post

SOOOO, last time I bought some soaps from the Basin store in the GF lobby that must be partly responsible for producing that smell. They are wonderful. Every time we used them at home, I was brought back to the GF. I did not buy nearly enough of them and will not make that same mistake twice! Hope Basin is ready for me!
Basin has a website. Perhaps you could order to tide you over. I can relate. I try to buy enough bath bombs to last until the next trip but sometimes need to place an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I am so glad to hear that you had a great trip! I remember your debating between the YC and GF for a while and am happy to hear that you have no regrets (despite the monorail issues)! Please do not feel that you are no longer in "the club" just because you may not be staying there again in the near future! This FAQ is a place for all GF lovers-- not just those planning a future trip to the GF! We likely won't be at the GF for a while since we love other deluxes just as much (or more), but I still post here because of my happy GF memories and the great sense of community here.

Amen, mariamouse. Blessed with Triplets, thanks for your review. I hope you remain with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Very very glad to hear

I managed to break my ankle on Aug. 28th so I've kinda been MIA from the Dis...missed ya!!!!

BCV [/B]
Hi back at 'ya! So sorry to hear about your ankle.

Quote:
Clearly this builds my case that DD and I will HAVE to go back when the construction is complete

15 days and I can hardly wait!!!!! My dd5 is up and doing great...Like she never even had her appendix out! Amazing!
Great news! Have a Grand time.

Quote:
It sounds like they are trying to keep the construction as unobtrusive as possible. Since my niece and I are both early risers, I doubt we will hear any construction noise as we will already either be in a park or on our way to a park when they are working. I asked her which view she hoped we had as I had booked garden view. Her response was "It is the Grand Floridian, I don't care if we have a view of the garbage cans." She does manage to put a smile on my face on a regular basis!

Tom
You both have such a great attitude. Your accident puts things in such perspective. You go, Tom.

Jungle Cruiser, I hope you are having a great trip.

k&a&c'smom, so glad you are doing so much better.

We're back from a Canadian cruise on DCL followed by two nights in NYC. Arrived home on Wednesday but am just now finding time to post! Coach Bag Fanatic, we were in your fine state one night before the cruise. Thanks to everyone for updates.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #1344
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!

Can anyone tell me with the grill closed if there is anywhere there that is selling pizza? We love to eat pizza at the grille before we went back to our room.

Thank you
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #1345
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Last I knew you could order pizza from room service. Probably not what you're looking for though. Or stop off at the Polynesian and get flatbreads from Captain Cook's?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #1346
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

BCV23 - welcome back from your cruise, hope you had a fabulous time. How was Canada? Beautiful, I'll bet.

Thanks, my back is much better. Went to the movies a couple days ago and had a restless night, I probably shouldn't sit so long in uncomfortable seats, but otherwise doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
When I read the link I felt like we were being punked. In a tent in the Convention Center parking lot? Seriously? Surely it is April 1st.

Quote:
Good point! I see Tom is trying to ruin your good times, but you can pretend he didn't give those in-room work out tips.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 09-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #1347
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Hi back at 'ya! So sorry to hear about your ankle.
Thanks, it's much better now DH said at least it happened AFTER our trip this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Thanks, my back is much better. Went to the movies a couple days ago and had a restless night, I probably shouldn't sit so long in uncomfortable seats, but otherwise doing well.
Netflix for you for awhile young lady I myself prefer a movie on my couch...
Old 09-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #1348
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

I got Mickey Mail yesterday!!!!!!!! And, for those who might remember my DME questions - they put passes in for me to go to the airport to get my unaccompanied minor niece as well as go back to GF with her and, of course, for departure. Can't ask for more than that.

Tom
Old 09-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #1349
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
BCV23 - welcome back from your cruise, hope you had a fabulous time. How was Canada? Beautiful, I'll bet.

When I read the link I felt like we were being punked. In a tent in the Convention Center parking lot? Seriously? Surely it is April 1st.

Good point! I see Tom is trying to ruin your good times, but you can pretend he didn't give those in-room work out tips.
Who says I'm trying to ruin good times -- I'm being a concerned friend making sure my fellow GF traveler is able to enjoy her workouts!!! Did I just say enjoy and workout in same sentence? Someone smack me right now!

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #1350
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not going to let some pale green walls scare me or make me think I'm missing something -- it's Disney World, it will be magic!

Tom
Great attitude! We were there last week, and even tho the construction is very evident, we never really heard it, or let it bother us. We kept remembering that, after all, we WERE at the GF!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: