Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Planet hollywood

Does anyone know how I can get a decent deal on planet Hollywood in jan 2013? I want to go to miss America but because of the stupid electronics convention the prices are $299 A night. That's almost $1600 just for the room.....someone mentioned that they got an $89 a night room..the same weekend? Any ideas? The reason I have to stay at ph is because you get better seating for MA instead of getting stuck in the way back....
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
VAN
DIS Veteran

All I can say is to continue checking their website ... make sure you have a reservation you can cancel if something cheaper comes along. If PH is hosting the event, then chances are they are pretty full and can charge the huge amount.

Good luck!
VAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Ditto. Just keep checking. If possible, go with someone who routinely stays there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN View Post
All I can say is to continue checking their website ... make sure you have a reservation you can cancel if something cheaper comes along. If PH is hosting the event, then chances are they are pretty full and can charge the huge amount.

Good luck!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Have you ever been there before? If so, did you sign up for their Total Rewards card? We always get comped rooms or very cheap rooms with those. If you have one then it might be worth checking.

We were there in June while the Miss Universe (not positive if that was the one going on, we weren't there for that lol) pagent and it was PACKED!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas 2012

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
StyledSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
jlima
Beep Beep!

If it's over the same dates at CES then you may not find a cheaper rate and the longer you wait, you may not find a room at all. Is there a minimum night stay to buy the tickets? Can you stay at PH one night and maybe off the strip the other nights?

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
KKB
DIS Veteran

Try another resort

Try Ballys or Monte Carlo--these are very close to PH & usually well priced. Be careful, though, you need to add $20/nt resort fee that isn't included in the quoted price, though this does include internet.
Actually looking at your dates...if you are willing to taxi or tram/walk a bit, Mandalay Bay is nearly the same price as MC & is a much nicer resort. BUT MC is quite near PH, MBay would require a cab (less than $10 each way) or you could take the tram from MBay to Excalibur & walk to PH.
(PS if someone got that rate, more than likely they are a TR member--Caesars members card)
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
Try Ballys or Monte Carlo--these are very close to PH & usually well priced. Be careful, though, you need to add $20/nt resort fee that isn't included in the quoted price, though this does include internet.
Actually looking at your dates...if you are willing to taxi or tram/walk a bit, Mandalay Bay is nearly the same price as MC & is a much nicer resort. BUT MC is quite near PH, MBay would require a cab (less than $10 each way) or you could take the tram from MBay to Excalibur & walk to PH.
(PS if someone got that rate, more than likely they are a TR member--Caesars members card)
thanks! I would really like something in walking distance because there are 4 nights of competition, so I would have to pay for taxi at least 8 times..
Old 09-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
KKB
DIS Veteran

Understood

Then either Ballys or Monte Carlo are decent choices, nearly priced identical when you figure in MC's resort fee. I would give a slight edge to Monte Carlo.
Expedia was showing about $140/nt. for either one.
Keep your eyes open...there may be better rates in time.
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!w/ FREE DDP!! WOO HOO!)
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: