DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Would this be considered pool hopping

My sister is staying at BWV, my family is staying at BLT. We want to hang out with each other at least one day at the resorts. Will we be allowed to go to her pool - WITH HER; and will she be able to visit our pool with US?

Last edited by JKMJ441724; 09-21-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Assuming of course that the pools are not at capacity.
JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
My sister is staying at BWV, my family is staying at BLT. We want to hang out with each other at least one day at the resorts. Will we be allowed to go to her pool - WITH HER; and will she be able to visit our pool with US?
She will not be able to visit the BLT pool even if she is a DVC member staying on points. She can visit the CR pool and you can swim with her there. BLT is closed to pool hopping all the time.

If you are a member staying on points and pool hopping is not blacked out and the pool has not reached capacity, your family can join her's at the BWV pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Can you add her to your reservation without going over capacity? That would get her to BLT's pool.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Current pool hopping information from the Member Website:
Quote:
When staying on your Membership at Disney's Vero Beach Resort or any DVC Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members and any Guests staying with them may not pool hop during the following dates*:

2012 Blockout Dates
  • February 19 - 25 (Sunday - Saturday)
  • March 31 - April 14 (Saturday - Saturday)
  • May 25 - 28 (Friday – Monday)
  • June 29 - July 7 (Friday - Saturday)
  • August 31 - Sept 3 (Friday - Monday)
  • November 19 - 25 (Monday - Sunday)
  • Dec 16, 2012 - Jan. 5, 2013 (Sunday - Saturday)
*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
Yes, that would be considered pool hopping and as mentioned, not allowed at BLT. The only way, as suggested, would be to add her party to your BLT reservation if there is room.

Have fun!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: