Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Complimentary Night?

Sooo... trying to decide where to get our free night when we fill up our room block.

Here's kind of the schedule:

Sun- Reception at ADH
Mon- Relax Day
Tues- MK Bridal Shoot
Wed- Parks?
Thurs- DCL

I'm thinking we might want to do free night on Monday night. We will have DVC points at BW for the night of the reception.

I've basically stayed at all the Disney resorts, so I'm not sure which one to do. I'm used to staying DVC. I figured a MK resort would probably be best due to it's proximity for the bridal shoot.

Any thoughts?

Here's my considerations:
Contemporary- DF and I have stayed at DVC at Bay Lake Tower and in the main wing before. I'll be at BLT in Christmas again
Grand Floridian- I haven't stayed there in forever, and DF did when he was 10 and really liked it. But we are buying in to DVC there when they open.
Polynesian- I have stayed there once, and my mom got spooked by a snake so we never have since. DF has never stayed there, but loves Hawaii. Because we are DVC, we probably won't ever stay there again.

So I'm leaning towards Polynesian. What do you guys think? We would also either to get rooms for Tuesday and Wednesday, as we will be going on DCL starting on Thursday. So I don't know if we will just want to stay there and pay cash, or move yet again back to a DVC on points (makes way more sense). So maybe I should move the free room to the night before the cruise? Ahhh so many decisions!!!
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We are DVC and used our free night at the Poly. I used to always stay at the Poly growing up until we bought into DVC. I chose the Poly to show my DH it's special-ness to me, and I feel like it's a very romantic resort. We stayed there the day after our wedding and then went to Aulani the next morning. I do wish we'd gotten more time there but we enjoyed it. We rented a poolside cabana which was great too. I did a review in my TR if you want to check it out
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

I've never stayed at any of the hotels you mentioned except for Bay Lake Towers...but we chose Boardwalk for our comp night since they allowed us to upgrade to the Garden Suite.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

So I called Disney reservations tonight and found out that the military discount is good for the honeymoon suite at the Polynesian. Woot!!

Has anybody stayed there? Thoughts?

Also, the room block rate for that room for our time of year is $370. If we get the honeymoon suite, will they allow us to just apply that towards our reservation in a nicer room?

Thanks for your help guys! You're the best!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
So I called Disney reservations tonight and found out that the military discount is good for the honeymoon suite at the Polynesian. Woot!!

Has anybody stayed there? Thoughts?

Also, the room block rate for that room for our time of year is $370. If we get the honeymoon suite, will they allow us to just apply that towards our reservation in a nicer room?

Thanks for your help guys! You're the best!
How good us the military discount? I'd love for us to be able to stay another night in our suite but I assumed it'd be far too expensive and didn't look into it.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

40% on deluxe hotels, of course subject to availability.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
40% on deluxe hotels, of course subject to availability.
I didn't know it was that good! We may look into staying an extra night now.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
UberClaire
Earning My Ears

I saw pictures of the honeymoon suite at the Polynesian on Trip Advisor and it looks gorgeous! I would love to stay there -- so jealous if you get to do it!
UberClaire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: