DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #226
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Although the voucher cannot be exchanged for a PAP after 12/31/2013 MS's response doesn't explicitly state that Disney would keep the money and give the guest nothing in return. I would hope that they would do what Cheshire Figment suggests and allow the guest to apply the funds towards the purchase of some sort of ticket at current prices.
I understand what you're saying but I guess I should've posted my question first to clarify.

One question regarding the expiry date. If we are to purchase these DVC
PAPs with the discount and not able to activate them by the date, would the
vouchers lost all their value or would we still be able to apply them
to another ticket (MYW or AP or another PAP)?

I agree with CF that the MS person might not be correct and that the park GS window might be able/allowed to do apply it to another ticket, but I don't think I'm taking a $1200 chance on that...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #227
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.
Oh I completely agree Chesire. I don't feel they lie either....just uneducated on certain details.
The CM at MS today, actually put me on hold stating she wanted "to ask someone about this before giving me an answer". She really did try and explain it to me. I think they're probably getting flooded with questions about this sale/perk right now.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #228
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I have a confession to make.

We weren't going to go this year, but this promotion tipped me over the edge.

Just booked tix to join our family in Disneyworld in Nov/Dec I'm going to haul over a 6 month old and 3 year old all by myself. DH has to stay due to schedule conflicts. The 3 year old just got potty trained and refuses to go in public bathrooms.

We'll see how that flight goes.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #229
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I have a confession to make.

We weren't going to go this year, but this promotion tipped me over the edge.

Just booked tix to join our family in Disneyworld in Nov/Dec I'm going to haul over a 6 month old and 3 year old all by myself. DH has to stay due to schedule conflicts.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Mickey is always smiling.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #230
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I understand what you're saying but I guess I should've posted my question first to clarify.

One question regarding the expiry date. If we are to purchase these DVC
PAPs with the discount and not able to activate them by the date, would the
vouchers lost all their value or would we still be able to apply them
to another ticket (MYW or AP or another PAP)?

I agree with CF that the MS person might not be correct and that the park GS window might be able/allowed to do apply it to another ticket, but I don't think I'm taking a $1200 chance on that...
I agree. While it seems logical that they might deny the guest the discounted PAP but allow them to apply the funds to a current-price ticket, I don't want to be the one to test that theory either!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #231
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have read the internal notice for ticketing people and have checked with WDW Ticketing Administration.

The notice specifically states that:

"Note: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value."

So that if you have a current AP, or a voucher/certificate/will-call for an AP, you cannot do this upgrade.

However, you c an purchase a voucher before December 31, 2012 and use it after your current AP expires in 2013.
So, as I read this I have a voucher for a DVC annual pass RENEWAL, this cost $374 (plus tax). This is less than the PAP. I should be able to upgrade this one?? right??

Thanks!

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #232
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
So, as I read this I have a voucher for a DVC annual pass RENEWAL, this cost $374 (plus tax). This is less than the PAP. I should be able to upgrade this one?? right??

Thanks!
That's how I read it. I'd certainly give it a try!

I know we are allowed to renew/upgrade a regular AP to a PAP, so I don't see why your plan wouldn't work for the new pass.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #233
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post

Thanks!
Watching this too because my DH just renewed his DVC AP last month and the cost was $385, so am wondering if he will be allowed to upgrade to the new PAP for the difference. I hate to be one of the first ones to try to do this. We arrive on Oct. 12th.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #234
lovewdwdvc
DIS Veteran

Number of tickets

Does anyone know how many tickets can be purchased at the discounted price?

RESORTS: POP, ASSp, Poly, BWI, SSR, CBR, Swan, VWL, AKL, Dixie Landings, POR, PORFQ,BWV. BCV, Fort Wilderness Cabin, BCV
lovewdwdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #235
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

I believe as many as you want. Just have to use before 12/31/13 and can only get them for family members living in the same household with address.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #236
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewdwdvc View Post
does anyone know how many tickets can be purchased at the discounted price?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #237
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewdwdvc View Post
Does anyone know how many tickets can be purchased at the discounted price?
Assuming the usual limit applies, you can purchase up to 8 discounted passes per household per 12-month period. If you have already purchased or renewed any APs or PAPs within the past 12 months that would count against your limit, unless they are suspending the limit for this special offer. The current announcement on the member website doesn't say anything one way or the other about this but it implies more information will be posted on October 1st.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #238
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The official internal information for ticketing states:

"Guests may purchase tickets for themselves and their immediate family members. All adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household."

You have to consider that you can purchase a live pass or a voucher (exchange certificate) between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012. There is nothing to preclude buying both, and then using the voucher prior to December 31, 2013.

However, when you get the live pass, whether from direct purchase or activation of a voucher, see the rules above.

So if you do not have a current AP, and you go between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 you can buy both. But everyone 18 and older needs proof od residence equal to the Member's address.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #239
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

ok sorry in advance if this has been asked. I just recently came back from our trip this past Aug. I originally bought UT 10 day MYW passes for 4 of us. We used them on Aug. 22 to enter MK & then went to guest services & upgraded to DVC AP's. I think the difference was like a hundred and something.

My question is this? We got reg. Ap's for $425+ tax, so being that that is more than the $399 there;s no way of me being allowed to exchange mine for those for the remainder of my year.....I don't want or expect money back but being that I paid more, Why shouldn't I get the perks as well?

Also I am coming back down next April and looking to do a day or 2 at water park... If i purchase two sets of vouchers for us 4, I would have to activate them both by next Dec...Hows that work???

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #240
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Your current APs will expire in August next year (check the expiration date on the pass).

If you purchase a set of vouchers, they will have to be activated no later than December 31, 2013. They will expire one year from the date of activation (at any ticket window). If you do this in April, you will have an overlap of four to five months where you have two separate APs, which does not make economic sense.

Note that as either a DVC Member or an AP holder you can purchase one-day water park tickets for a $4.00 discount ($3.00 for children) from the Gate price. Or you can get a separate water park annual pass for $99.95 (adult) or $80.50 (child) plus tax.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: