Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
Its Paz
Dreamer

Smile

Hey, I'm mostly a stalker on the boards but I figure I drop in with my quick story. My second boyfriend who is still my best friend was not a Disney guy at all, but I took him to trips to Disney anyway. The challenge for me was to point out to him that it wasn't just Mickey Mouse and children's rides. For him, I would stop at the Grand Floridian and let him soak in the ambiance. I would emphasize the good food and ate with him at Ohana. I'm not sure how I got him on TOT, but while he was on it, I knew he would love the old-style music. He still is convinced that the Studios plays a rare version of "We'll Meet Again."

My current boyfriend (and future husband ) ironically is a Disney obsessed former Long Islander. He loves the parks more than the movies but I still tweak our trips. He finished in Travel/Tourism so I make sure we study the cast members in the hotels and take time to see how the service works. He loves me so much that he's willing to try anything and everything with me and I love him for that.

I don't think that you have to find a "Disney obsessed" person at all. You just have to find a person that understands you and loves you for it. If you love the person, be it a non-Disney-type, they will love every moment with you no matter where you are.
Its Paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
Damian
Earning My Ears

I got lucky with Greg (after a few unsuccessful relationships)... we never really discussed Disney and then about five months in our relationship we discussed a holiday to Florida together and a joint Disney obsession was born. There are plenty of Disney fanatics around, it's just a matter of finding the right one for you

Last edited by Damian; 09-16-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
TheRocketeer
Earning My Ears

I'm glad to discover I'm not the only one in this lonely boat.

As Disney is effectively my biggest hobby I feel that if I did find anyone (and that's a huge if) they'd have to share my love of the Mouse.... which I fear is easier said than done.

So as sad as this thread can seem, I thank you all for allowing me to realise I'm not the only one!
TheRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #34
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Spent Sun night in t.o. had a nice suite downtown etc and literally tripping over guys online/grindr etc and not ONE could be bothered to come out and have a drink NOTHING. I get so mad at gay laziness sometimes
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #35
DisneyFreak1976
Earning My Ears
Too Hairy to be a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
Spent Sun night in t.o. had a nice suite downtown etc and literally tripping over guys online/grindr etc and not ONE could be bothered to come out and have a drink NOTHING. I get so mad at gay laziness sometimes
If I'd been in town, I would have come and had a drink. I enjoy meeting new people and having drinks.

Funny enough, this guy messaged me yesterday on Scruff and when I looked at his profile it said he worked for the Mouse. It was too uncanny. He's visiting Boston for the week, I met up with him and showed him a few historical places before I had to head home.
DisneyFreak1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #36
fairlygay
Earning My Ears

I turned 40 before I met my future hubby and fellow Disney Fan. I did not know this when we first met but found out soon after and the rest is history. We've been married for 3 years and have annual pass to Disneyland and visit WDW as often as our budget will allow. So I guess my messege is patience and luck. It is possible!
fairlygay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlygay View Post
I turned 40 before I met my future hubby and fellow Disney Fan. I did not know this when we first met but found out soon after and the rest is history. We've been married for 3 years and have annual pass to Disneyland and visit WDW as often as our budget will allow. So I guess my messege is patience and luck. It is possible!
Well that certainly gives me hope I'm so down because my big 3-0 is next month and as we all know in Gay years that "middle aged"
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #38
ToddB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyreaderLI View Post
Does anyone else dream of finding that Disney obsessed guy to take with you on your trips and to share the memories with? I'm sure you all do. Hope he's still out there waiting for me too.
I definitely dream of that! If there is one thing that my guy must have in common with me, it will be Disney. And if he isn't at first, he will be after I get through with him, lol. Right now the only people that share my love of Disney are my sister and a cousin of mine. Problem is when you're talking to someone and you mention 'Disney' its like they disappear into thin air. Sometimes I think it would be better if I were still overweight and not a Disney fan, idk, lol. Scratch that, I couldn't live without Disney
Old 09-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #39
ToddB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well that certainly gives me hope I'm so down because my big 3-0 is next month and as we all know in Gay years that "middle aged"

I agree with ya! I will be 25 in the Spring and I always thought that was like the 'middle aged' time in gay years. Scares the heck outta me. It even feels like I'm already there, its like no one wants to talk, go out, or anything. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, idk. But, I guess eventually someone will come along that makes me happy.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #40
DisneyFreak1976
Earning My Ears
Too Hairy to be a Princess!!

Quote:
fairlygay...Thank you. This gives me hope too. I'm 35 nearing 36 next month (Scorpio here) and I'm as single as ever with no prospects on the horizon.

I so long to share my life with someone and grow old together. But I also know that in order to love someone else I must first love myself. Can I get an "Amen" in here?
DisneyFreak1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #41
TheRocketeer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'll second what others have said, that certainly give me hope as well.

Quote:
I was of the same opinion, but don't worry 'bout it. It sounds worse than it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1976 View Post
I so long to share my life with someone and grow old together. But I also know that in order to love someone else I must first love myself. Can I get an "Amen" in here?
I'll give an Amen to that!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #42
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak1976 View Post
fairlygay...thank you. This gives me hope too. I'm 35 nearing 36 next month (scorpio here) and i'm as single as ever with no prospects on the horizon.

I so long to share my life with someone and grow old together. But i also know that in order to love someone else i must first love myself. Can i get an "amen" in here?
amen!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #43
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

So went to a seminar for work today and on the drive home my upcoming trip came up. My boss asked me if Kevin is my bf. I said no. He then said well I need to get one. The others in the car agreed and said ya stop being so picky you're going to be 30 soon. I swear I wanted to murder each of them. I assured them I'm not being picky it's the opposite. such a great day :-\
Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #44
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Wait, I just turned 45! If 30 is middle aged, what does that make me?

Actually, don't answer that.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trip: AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #45
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
Wait, I just turned 45! If 30 is middle aged, what does that make me?

Actually, don't answer that.
LOL k I won't

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: