Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #316
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hi All,

I just found this thread. Could someone that has stayed Club Level at AK recently let me know the selections as far as food, drinks and adult drinks. It will be our first time and we are going Nov 25-30 for the Christmas decorations. We plan on spending alot of time at the resort this trip.

Thanks in advance,
Misty
Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #317
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

It double posted sorry.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #318
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Poly CL/YC CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Having stayed at both I can tell you they are very different. The YC lounge is nice, I think I put my pics on the first page of this thread, but it isn't really a "destination" like the Poly lounge is. We basically just used the YC lounge as a place to eat breakfast and occasionally we sat down and had a snack in there. Rarely did we ever make a trip back to have dessert. The Poly lounge has such a beautiful view of the beach, GF, and MK (fireworks, etc) that we found ourselves just getting a drink and sitting in there instead of in our room. Especially if it was a rainy day, or we were taking a park break..... And we made special attempts to be there for dessert and fireworks if we weren't busy at a park. Now, as for the castmembers I would say we were in contact with them at the YC more because they are right there at the elevator. Every time we stood there waiting for an elevator to come they would talk to us, so I felt I got to know them more than the Poly staff. Coming in and out of the Hawaii building we really never stopped at the desks on the first floor unless we needed something. Walking through the door they would toss out a friendly greeting as we headed up the stairs, so if we wanted to stand there and talk we could have but usually we were anxious to get up to our room. As for the rooms themselves they are smaller, and of course the theme is totally different, the colors and fabrics are totally opposite. So I guess to summarize I'd say they are both very nice in their own ways but they are also very different. Hope that helps
Thank you for sharing your experiences! Very helpful! I am obsessed with finding out all I can about the YC . I know we will be missing Poly and the regular Poly rooms are available in January but we like having breakfast and the extra little perks of CL. I booked a lot of nighttime activities - an illuminations cruise for my dh's birthday; the pirate cruise for ds, one evening dh is scuba diving the nemo tank and dd is snorkeling so I think we will be focusing more on breakfast. I did reserve a gv room versus sv or wv since we don't plan on being in the room that much. I have heard such wonderful things about YC CMs and we had similar experience as you at Poly CL with the CMs - didn't really interact much at all. But the Poly experience, can't beat it!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #319
purplejulie456
Mouseketeer

I have a couple questions about CL at AK.......

We will be staying CL at AK November 13th-17th 2012....We have never stayed cl before. I was on Allears reading some reviews and there were alot of negatives about the staff. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here that can tell me more about this?......ALSO do we have to contact the IPO? we made our own reservations for dinners while here.

Thank you in advance
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL

Julie DS10

Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #320
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Thanks everyone! Should specify the milk was for my DS 1! 39 days ... Anything else I should know? Anyone had a play yard up in the room? I am worried it will be really tight. This is our 1st trip as family of 5!
When we've had young kids in the family, our extended family never brought a playard. It depends on the child, but in our family, we are often able to contain little ones by putting them on the bed if older kids are willing to supervise.(Esp if you also run the tv). I mean we only do this while we're getting ready a few feet away, not for extended babysitting. If we're awake, we don't spend much time in the room at WDW.

The rooms at the deluxes are fairly large, and I'm sure you could fit a playyard, but with five people, all the suitcases, and a stroller...a room can feel fairly full, even the big ones. Poly and CR rooms, IMO, have a bit of an odd closet layout that makes it hard to stow empty suitcases there. One side has a bar, and the other has the safe. Still the rooms are quite large. I think you'll be quite happy.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #321
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Thanks everyone! Should specify the milk was for my DS 1! 39 days ... Anything else I should know? Anyone had a play yard up in the room? I am worried it will be really tight. This is our 1st trip as family of 5!
Milk was never an issue for my 3 children. If it was not out, we would knock on the door. Someone would give us cartons of whole, 1%, chocolate (whatever we needed). If you know you will need it when the lounge is closed, ask for a few cartons in advance and put in fridge for your son. The CM's are very kind and accommodating--especially to children.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #322
mommysdb
Earning My Ears

Club Level ADR

Heading to Poly Club Level in March. About a month ago I made my ADR requests. My friend, who arrives a day later at the resort, received her confirmation of ADRs yesterday. I want to call and check on the status of my request, but don't want to seem too obsessive. We are, after all, only at the 177 day mark.

How soon after the 180 day mark do people generally receive their ADR itinerary from the planning folks?

Thanks for any input on this.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #323
Nanu57v
Someone needs to tell the Tag Fairy to consult with me about spelling
Has her priorities in the right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysdb View Post
Heading to Poly Club Level in March. About a month ago I made my ADR requests. My friend, who arrives a day later at the resort, received her confirmation of ADRs yesterday. I want to call and check on the status of my request, but don't want to seem too obsessive. We are, after all, only at the 177 day mark.

How soon after the 180 day mark do people generally receive their ADR itinerary from the planning folks?

Thanks for any input on this.
If you log into your account on disneyworld.com any ADRs you have will appear there. I missed an email from the concierge stating they secured one of my ADRs, but noticed it pop up in my account.

Me DH DD15 DD9 DD5
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #324
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I would stick with WL CL for the holidays. I have stayed at Poly CL in December and while it was wonderful (we had TPV CL room) to see the holiday wishes fireworks from our room, the resort just didn't feel as Christmas festive as the WL did. We went to Artist Point for dinner and WL just felt and looked so much more like Christmas.

All that being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the WL CL. The entire crew of CL cast members are wonderful. I will be visiting WL CL three times this year.
I agree with PamelaKay about the Old Faithful Club. We also stayed 3 times (27 nights) from 8/11 - 8/12. The lounge is immaculate, the CMs are welcoming and you really feel like family there.

Christmas 2010:

Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #325
mommysdb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu57v View Post
If you log into your account on disneyworld.com any ADRs you have will appear there. I missed an email from the concierge stating they secured one of my ADRs, but noticed it pop up in my account.
Thanks. I checked this out but my reservations don't seem to come up automatically. I can log in with my room reservation but that is all. Maybe because I booked the vacation by calling WDW, rather than online?

Does anyone know how to link up by reservations with my WDW account. It would make things a whole lot easier.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #326
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysdb View Post
Thanks. I checked this out but my reservations don't seem to come up automatically. I can log in with my room reservation but that is all. Maybe because I booked the vacation by calling WDW, rather than online?

Does anyone know how to link up by reservations with my WDW account. It would make things a whole lot easier.

Thanks!
When you are logged in to your reservation there is the option to retrieve dining reservations. I have done this but only with having a reservation number. Don't feel uncomfortable contacting IPO. They are there to help and will be more than happy to assist you. It is a service that you are paying for with your CL reservation. The Poly IPO phone number is 407-824-2466. Have fun planning your trip!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #327
kkrewe
Earning My Ears

Now What?

I just book CL at WL and it's my first time to stay on the CL. What should I do now?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #328
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrewe View Post
I just book CL at WL and it's my first time to stay on the CL. What should I do now?
First, to the Dis!

How far out is your trip? At 180 days out, the WL IPO would be able to book all of your ADR's for you, if you choose to use them in that capacity. You would just email them at wilderness.lodge.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.co m

Other than that, there is nothing else you really need "to do" per se.

WL CL is fabulous! We spent 11 days there in July and it was truly magical. Do you have a room request? That can go to the IPO as well. We had an awesome view of Cinderella Castle and Wishes! (It was a North Wing Woods view room)

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #329
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrewe View Post
Congratulations! You picked the best Club Level around

The Old Faithful Club is my absolute favorite. WDWKOOK has an excellent thread all about WL located here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

There is a great deal of CL level information starting on post #5.

If you want the possibility of seeing the MK and Wishes from your room, request a room in the North Wing overlooking the otter pond.

I have 35 days until my stay there and I am counting every one.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #330
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejulie456 View Post
We will be staying CL at AK November 13th-17th 2012....We have never stayed cl before. I was on Allears reading some reviews and there were alot of negatives about the staff. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here that can tell me more about this?......ALSO do we have to contact the IPO? we made our own reservations for dinners while here.

Thank you in advance
We're planning to stay AKL Club in April, and haven't seen any negative reviews since we started looking. Here's a really good trip review from someone who stayed recently:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951965
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: