Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #106
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Does BC have bed rails? I always get bed rails when we stay on property to put on the bed DD4 uses. If they do, is there a charge?
Also, I saw on an older thread mention of a rollaway bed. Do they have these at BC and is there a charge for them? DD13 is horrible to sleep with and the sofa beds are not comfy most of the time. Thought maybe a rollaway would be better.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #107
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

We arrived at WBC yesterday and are very happy with our 4 BR presidential in tower 1. The resort is clean, the staff very pleasant, and we love the space/location. It is perfect for our family of 5 adults and 3 kids. Everyone has their own bathroom and it doesn't feel as crowded as our last trip at AKL in a 2 bedroom villa.

The gate security agent couldn't find our name, but when I showed her our confirmation she said "Oh, that's why" and sent us to 6 to check in. At 3 pm nobody was there and it took about 5 minutes to check in. Sent us to the parking pass desk and the worker told us we'd have to go to the main building since we weren't in that tower. Okay, whatever. Still haven't done that since the parking pass seems pretty optional...the gate uses keys.

We needed two pack n plays and two high chairs. Called right when we got to the room at 3 pm and they hadn't arrived at 6. Called again and were told the person had not put the request in. 15 minutes later a person showed up with 2 high chairs and 1 pack n play, even though my husband repeated our needs twice. Called again since we were quickly approaching our twins bedtime and finally got the last PNP around 7 pm. Just be persistent is my advice. We should have called earlier, but went grocery shopping and assumed they would be there when we got back.

The kitchen is huge...too huge! We had three people cooking this morning and weren't tripping over each other. Things we would want to have next time: a small omelet pan, some medium resealable containers, scouring pads, and extra towels. There were 2 scrub sponges but they just aren't strong enough for baked on food. 2 kitchen towels and 1 washcloth were here, which isn't enough for us. There are 4 pots but only 2 pans...one nice stainless and one cheap nonstick, both rather large.

We had an issue with the AC last night, but realized this morning some of the bedroom vents weren't open (duh). The AC was off and the room very hot when we arrived...off season so I'm guessing it wasn't used last week. It cooled off after about 2 hours and seems to be keeping up just fine now that the vents are open.

My other minor annoyance are the king suite bathrooms...no towel racks! There is one on the wall over the whirlpool tub, but you'd have to climb in the tub to reach it. There are two hooks on the back of the toilet room door which are fine for bath towels. No place for a hand towel, and not much counter space. Next time I'll bring a command hook or two for the nice empty spot were a ring should be.

For those with young kids...bring a baby monitor! We are so glad we did because we can't hear our babies cry from the adjacent king suite. Never thought we'd have that problem in a hotel! This tower must be well constructed.

Our room is across from the model, which is good and bad. Good-we can walk right over to see fireworks. There were about 20 people last night, not too crowded. Bad-we can hear talking/noise this morning from agents and tours. It isn't bad, but it isn't totally quiet. You can't hear it in the bedrooms really, just the living room. We didn't hear anything yesterday afternoon, and we'll be gone most mornings anyways, so its minor.

If I had a choice I wouldn't choose this room again, but I do like Tower 1. There is a playground right outside and the main bldg/pool/lazy river/splash area is a short walk. With only 7 floors, the elevator is a shorter ride. We didn't have to wait for them yesterday...probably a combination of the smaller size and lower occupancy season.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #108
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
We arrived at WBC yesterday and are very happy with our 4 BR presidential in tower 1. The resort is clean, the staff very pleasant, and we love the space/location. It is perfect for our family of 5 adults and 3 kids. Everyone has their own bathroom and it doesn't feel as crowded as our last trip at AKL in a 2 bedroom villa.

The gate security agent couldn't find our name, but when I showed her our confirmation she said "Oh, that's why" and sent us to 6 to check in. At 3 pm nobody was there and it took about 5 minutes to check in. Sent us to the parking pass desk and the worker told us we'd have to go to the main building since we weren't in that tower. Okay, whatever. Still haven't done that since the parking pass seems pretty optional...the gate uses keys.

We needed two pack n plays and two high chairs. Called right when we got to the room at 3 pm and they hadn't arrived at 6. Called again and were told the person had not put the request in. 15 minutes later a person showed up with 2 high chairs and 1 pack n play, even though my husband repeated our needs twice. Called again since we were quickly approaching our twins bedtime and finally got the last PNP around 7 pm. Just be persistent is my advice. We should have called earlier, but went grocery shopping and assumed they would be there when we got back.

The kitchen is huge...too huge! We had three people cooking this morning and weren't tripping over each other. Things we would want to have next time: a small omelet pan, some medium resealable containers, scouring pads, and extra towels. There were 2 scrub sponges but they just aren't strong enough for baked on food. 2 kitchen towels and 1 washcloth were here, which isn't enough for us. There are 4 pots but only 2 pans...one nice stainless and one cheap nonstick, both rather large.

We had an issue with the AC last night, but realized this morning some of the bedroom vents weren't open (duh). The AC was off and the room very hot when we arrived...off season so I'm guessing it wasn't used last week. It cooled off after about 2 hours and seems to be keeping up just fine now that the vents are open.

My other minor annoyance are the king suite bathrooms...no towel racks! There is one on the wall over the whirlpool tub, but you'd have to climb in the tub to reach it. There are two hooks on the back of the toilet room door which are fine for bath towels. No place for a hand towel, and not much counter space. Next time I'll bring a command hook or two for the nice empty spot were a ring should be.

For those with young kids...bring a baby monitor! We are so glad we did because we can't hear our babies cry from the adjacent king suite. Never thought we'd have that problem in a hotel! This tower must be well constructed.

Our room is across from the model, which is good and bad. Good-we can walk right over to see fireworks. There were about 20 people last night, not too crowded. Bad-we can hear talking/noise this morning from agents and tours. It isn't bad, but it isn't totally quiet. You can't hear it in the bedrooms really, just the living room. We didn't hear anything yesterday afternoon, and we'll be gone most mornings anyways, so its minor.

If I had a choice I wouldn't choose this room again, but I do like Tower 1. There is a playground right outside and the main bldg/pool/lazy river/splash area is a short walk. With only 7 floors, the elevator is a shorter ride. We didn't have to wait for them yesterday...probably a combination of the smaller size and lower occupancy season.
Thank you so much for your on the scene reporting Aggie!

So this question is for everyone out there...is the parking pass not really necessary? If you totally avoid the dreaded parking pass desk, what will be the result?

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #109
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Thank you so much for your on the scene reporting Aggie!

So this question is for everyone out there...is the parking pass not really necessary? If you totally avoid the dreaded parking pass desk, what will be the result?
Apparently nothing. There is a previous post about this.
And I stayed at the Grand at Bonnet Creek, had no parking pass for Bonnet Creek. Parked at Bonnet Creek for 3 days, and had no problem.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #110
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Does anyone know if the doors are metal that magnets would stick to?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #111
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Apparently nothing. There is a previous post about this.
And I stayed at the Grand at Bonnet Creek, had no parking pass for Bonnet Creek. Parked at Bonnet Creek for 3 days, and had no problem.
Wow! That makes it all the more ridiculous that they send you over to the timeshare sales desk to pick something up that you don't even need!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #112
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley
Does anyone know if the doors are metal that magnets would stick to?

Thanks!
I could have sworn our door in tower 1 was wood, but on closer inspection it is faux painted. I just took a fridge menu for pizza, which is on the flat printed magnet sheet material, and it stuck to the inside of our door no problem.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #113
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could have sworn our door in tower 1 was wood, but on closer inspection it is faux painted. I just took a fridge menu for pizza, which is on the flat printed magnet sheet material, and it stuck to the inside of our door no problem.
Most likely, fire safety code would not permit wooden doors!

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #114
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry

Most likely, fire safety code would not permit wooden doors!
Maybe so. I'm sitting here looking at both an interior door (wood) and exterior door (faux painted metal) and I can't tell the difference. They had an awesome painter!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #115
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Wow! That makes it all the more ridiculous that they send you over to the timeshare sales desk to pick something up that you don't even need!
If parking is particularly tight, they can and will check for parking passes. They will also tow if need be. I've never seen it at BC, but I've never been there when parking was at a premium. I have seen it at other resorts.

I too do not like the way they distribute the passes, but I always get one, because I have seen them enforcing the rule at other resorts.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #116
mebbradley

Quote:
Great!!! We're going to make signs for each family now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Hill View Post
If parking is particularly tight, they can and will check for parking passes. They will also tow if need be. I've never seen it at BC, but I've never been there when parking was at a premium. I have seen it at other resorts.

I too do not like the way they distribute the passes, but I always get one, because I have seen them enforcing the rule at other resorts.
I've seen them tow cars at premium times when I've had to search for parking.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #117
mebbradley

I've never had a problem getting a pass since I'm not 25!!! :lmao They give me my pass realllyy fast!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #118
Nixb19
Earning My Ears

Buses

Hey all!

I have an ADR for 9:15 in AK with Tusker House and I wasn't sure 1) how early the buses start running, 2) where they drop us off at and 3) what would be the best suggested way to get to AK at around 8:30-8:40? We have a car but we really do not want to pay to park with all the free transportation.

Nixb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #119
mebbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixb19 View Post
Hey all!

I have an ADR for 9:15 in AK with Tusker House and I wasn't sure 1) how early the buses start running, 2) where they drop us off at and 3) what would be the best suggested way to get to AK at around 8:30-8:40? We have a car but we really do not want to pay to park with all the free transportation.

The time the buses start running change weekly. What you could do is take MK's or the first bus to leave around 8-ish and then switch to AK's at the TTC/Whatever park.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #120
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

Are there any public showers at BC? Wondering if we have to check out and spend the day at the pool if we can shower before heading to the airport for a late flight.
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote