Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
AshleyInWonderland
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekajekalynn View Post
Now my question is, what is the best nail polish remover? lol

I got store brand kind, but with the higher end polish it takes FOREVER to get the stuff off. Is there a trick or something to it?
I've been using Target brand Up & Up and honestly I think it works just as good as the brand name nail polish removers.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:

I got store brand kind, but with the higher end polish it takes FOREVER to get the stuff off. Is there a trick or something to it?
I found it's not so much the polish remover that matters but what you use with the nail polish remover. Sometimes I dip a q tip in polish remover or I use cotton makeup pads. The round ones. They soak up the remover better and rub it off compared to a tissue or cotton balls. The better polishes need a bit more remover to make them come off.

I am using walgreens brand right now. I use whatever is cheapest.

For nail polish I like sally hansen. I haven't tried sinful colors yet. My walgreens has a ton of them so I might have to try those.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

I went to Walgreens today and bought like 6 Sinful nail polishes. lol I'm going to start out with simple designs first and work my way up. Thinking of doing a basic white/black zebra stripe first.

[IMG][/IMG]
jekajekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
TheUnknownComic
Mouseketeer

Rustoleum!
TheUnknownComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
sunkissed73
Earning My Ears

I agree with the Sinful colors...I've even seen it in nail salons near me which are all considered "high end." I know someone posted against it, but I've had very good luck with the quick dry NYC polishes that go for $1.99 at CVS.

I found that when I use "gelish" as a base coat and seche vite as a top coat, my nails will last pretty long and my nails used to chip ALL the time. I got both these at Sally's and they last a long time even though my mom and I use them often.
sunkissed73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #21
Bungle
DIS Veteran

Orly is a good brand too and is on sale a LOT at sally's beauty supply. They have amazing colors.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #22
englishteacha
I've just gotten crazier over the years I've taught!

All my "fun" colors are NYC or Wet and Wild, usually when I can get them for 50¢. I found some great nail art colors with tiny brushes at Dollar Tree a couple years ago. They're great for details (and the white is great for a French mani).

Wonderful trip to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and to see the shuttle launch: February 2011
Walt Disney World: June 2010, August 2007 (1 commando day), June 2006, June 2002
Chasing Roller Coasters: August 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002
englishteacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
Kae
DIS Veteran

i used to work with one the best nail artists she would use the water color paints that is in the pots, she would do the base coat let it dry & then use the paints that way if she made a mistake she could wipe it off with water & not mess up the base coat. then use a good top coat.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

OT, but I was watching some DIY vids yesterday of something called stiletto nails.. Ummm.. those don't look very safe.. I foresee many accidents with those kind. lol

[IMG][/IMG]
jekajekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had the same problem, especially the glittery nail polish. I went to Sephora's last weekend (their nail polish display, OMG!!) and a service rep showed me the coolest nail polish remover. It's in a fat bottle that has a sponge with a hole in the middle of it. You simply dip your finger into it and twist around the sponge and when you remove your finger, the polish has disappeared!! Sooooo easy!! I hate soaking cotton balls or tissue in nail polish remover, this is so much better.

http://www.sephora.com/instant-nail-...emover-P297134

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
Agri
DIS Veteran

My favorite drugstore brand is Revlon. I own quite a bit of OPI and Zoya and Revlon is the closest in quality to those. Sinful Colors aren't worth the savings, IMHO because a lot of the shades are rather sheer and while you save a few dollars, you aren't saving any time. Drugstores usually have Revlon on sale every other week and there are often coupons in the paper as well. I also find that Revlon doesn't chip nearly as much as the cheaper brands - Wet 'N Wild and Sinful Colors.

I also like Sally Hansen, but I usually just get glitters from them because a lot of their vivid colors stain even through a good basecoat.

If you find the Sinful Colors you bought to be sheer, get some better quality opaque colors and then use the Sinful Colors over them. Like a sheer green over a solid blue or green can add another dimension to a plain color.

I use regular ol' Rite Aid brand acetone remover. With glitter polishes, you can soak a cotton ball and leave it on your nail, sealing it with a bit of aluminum foil. Leave it on for 20-30 seconds up to a minute and just wipe off the polish. Scrubbing makes it take longer to get any polish off as what you want to do is let the remover soak through all the layers of dried polish.
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: