Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #931
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

We had dinner at WCC tonight. Here's a pic of the new platter and the included dessert sampler. Cost of the platter $32.99 per person. Our 3 meat choices were ribs, chicken and sausage. You can change your choices if you're ordering seconds, thirds etc.

We ate at Trail's End last nite and our bill was almost half of what it was tonight so for those not on the dining plan (which is us) you get better value at Trail's End (we particularly enjoyed the baked potato bar) although the WCC food was good.
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013

Last edited by LuvGoldens; 09-21-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #932
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

I would agree based on the old menu as well, and even on the dining plan where the cost was equal we preferred Trail's End. I miss those ribs. .

I'm glad that you got to experience both and had a couple yummy meals. Thanks for sharing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #933
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

The food really doesn't look appetizing at all and certainly not worth anywhere near 32.99 WCC is a wonderful space just off a majestic lobby of WL and it is being wasted, IMHO
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #934
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
We had dinner at WCC tonight. Here's a pic of the new platter and the included dessert sampler. Cost of the platter $32.99 per person. Our 3 meat choices were ribs, chicken and sausage. You can change your choices if you're ordering seconds, thirds etc.

YUM! That looks great. We have not been to WCC yet. May have to make a trip over there during our next trip. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #935
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank you for being the new platter beta tester, LuvGoldens! You've answered my question as to why it's no longer a skillet

Was that a portion for more than one person? I'm not a big eater, but that amount seems about right for one (vacationing) person. The desserts look much better than I imagined. Is that a strawberry shortcake in the glass? Did you try the strip loin or see what it looks like? Wondering if in any way it's an adequate substitute for the yummy brisket.

I love veggies, but those 'farm fresh veggies' look more Asian inspired than farm inspired. I agree that TE is a much better value, even without all the fun CM antics and I'm glad you tried both. What will you be reviewing tonight?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #936
amy1976
Mouseketeer

We checked in Thursday and were upgraded from standard to woods view with bunk beds! The kids are so happy. Plus we can see the castle and Wishes from our balcony!! We are in room 4020. We couldn't be happier here! I am sad to move to Boardwalk tomorrow. We have such an awesome room here!

9/00 Grand Floridian Concierge (Honeymoon) ~ 7/03 Wilderness Lodge ~ 11/04 Grosvenor ~ 8/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas ~ 11/05 Boardwalk Inn~ 9/07 Beach Club Villas ~ 11/08 SSR and VWL ~ 5/09 Beach Club~ 5/10 Contemporary~9/10 BWV~11/11 POFQ~9/12 WL/BWV

Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #937
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens

We ate at Trail's End last nite and our bill was almost half of what it was tonight so for those not on the dining plan (which is us) you get better value at Trail's End (we particularly enjoyed the baked potato bar) although the WCC food was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian
I would agree based on the old menu as well, and even on the dining plan where the cost was equal we preferred Trail's End. I miss those ribs. .

I'm glad that you got to experience both and had a couple yummy meals. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like I made the right choice booking TE for dinner in October!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1976
We checked in Thursday and were upgraded from standard to woods view with bunk beds! The kids are so happy. Plus we can see the castle and Wishes from our balcony!! We are in room 4020. We couldn't be happier here! I am sad to move to Boardwalk tomorrow. We have such an awesome room here!
Oh thank you, thank you!!!! I will note that room number for our stay in October, we have the woods view bunk beds booked and I was trying to figure what to request.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #938
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Josh over at EasyWDW posted a wallkthrough of the WL yesterday with some really lovely photographs.

Is it December yet?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #939
hockeybabe
DIS Veteran

I'm back! Booked WL FD in a Woods view BB room! First time at WDW during the Christmas season, and probably last time until the kids are in college, so we are going all out! Got the high school to promise not to send us to truancy court for the kids to be out for 3 days. Doing one day at IOA for HP (I know, I know, but it has to be done), MVMCP on Dec 13, EMH every day. Can't wait!

WL Feb 2010
California trip including 2 days at DL/DCA June 2012
WL - Dec 2012
Old 09-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #940
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I hope those guests next to you ordered one anyway - it's vacation!

They did!! And I believe they also ate their fair share of the skillet, too (Not that I would normally notice what another table was doing/ate, but they were a really fun table and made me laugh as much as the other things going on in the restaurant!)

So glad the PP showed us the new platter pic! Thank you!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #941
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the barbecue suggestions!! Flame Tree is already on my must do list for every trip to WDW...

I have also heard good things about the ribs at House of Blues. And I never thought about Big River Grill, somehow I alway forget about this restaurant. Oh, and if I manage to get a reservation at VWL, I already have plans for Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End, it just seems so convenient to do those when staying at WL as transportation appears to be much easier then.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #942
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
The food really doesn't look appetizing at all and certainly not worth anywhere near 32.99 WCC is a wonderful space just off a majestic lobby of WL and it is being wasted, IMHO
It was good but not great, and yes, I agree not worth $32.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
YUM! That looks great. We have not been to WCC yet. May have to make a trip over there during our next trip. Thanks for posting the pics.
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for being the new platter beta tester, LuvGoldens! You've answered my question as to why it's no longer a skillet

Was that a portion for more than one person? I'm not a big eater, but that amount seems about right for one (vacationing) person. The desserts look much better than I imagined. Is that a strawberry shortcake in the glass? Did you try the strip loin or see what it looks like? Wondering if in any way it's an adequate substitute for the yummy brisket.

I love veggies, but those 'farm fresh veggies' look more Asian inspired than farm inspired. I agree that TE is a much better value, even without all the fun CM antics and I'm glad you tried both. What will you be reviewing tonight?

Happy to have been the beta testers for the new platter Kook! That was a serving for two. Then they brought out our seconds in smaller crock like bowls. It was interesting that our server commented that her biggest problem with the change to the platter was that they were heavy to carry.

The strip loin was pretty fatty. I didn't care for it and would have much preferred brisket

In the glass was a jalapeno-lime cheesecake, it was kind of an odd combintion of tastes, wasn't really a fan.

Tonight's dinner is at 'Ohana

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

We'd pick TE over WCC no question after now having done both, much better value and selection. We loved the walk over from WL and came across a family of about 4 deer that had a young fawn.

Last edited by LuvGoldens; 09-22-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #943
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
So glad the PP showed us the new platter pic! Thank you!
You're welcome!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #944
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
...In the glass was a jalapeno-lime cheesecake, it was kind of an odd combintion of tastes, wasn't really a fan.....
Sounds like someone having a big joke on the guests. Or someone that Chef Ramsey would ask what were they thinking with that combination.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #945
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

From the sounds of it, I'm glad we got to have WCC dinner before the change. That platter is of no interest to us: too much food/expense.

So we just landed back in Cali this am, and we're already on our way to DL. not really planned, but its a dinner celebration for DBFs father, grandmother, and sister!!

When is a girl supposed to plan her next trip?' Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: