Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #496
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
oh my gosh the videos are funny! I was just telling Joe about the YeeHaw Bob show last night after seeing your pictures, but the videos of the interaction really are great. I am thinking that we need to plan one or two extra days next trip of no parks, just resorts & non-park fun.
Yeah, you get a better feel for the show with the videos, as crummy as they are! I want to plan and stick to, at least one non park day our next trip too. It was really wonderful and so different than the half resort days we've done in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
and I meant to say, after catching up on the whole TR over the weekend, that Coffee on the Verandah has truly taken on new meaning
Amazing what comes up in the chatter isn't it. It does make me smile I have to admit.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #497
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Dancing in the Hemisphere

We've made it to day 3! But first...a little PTR update for my girls trip. Check it out.

It has been NUTS around here, Jeff may have a 5-10 day work trip that's had us all a flutter, I was supposed to have another girls trip 2 weeks before the WDW one and well, you know how fall is. Family stuff is nuts, Soccer, Cross Country, Scouts, Jazz Band, Youth Group and my parents have not one but two parties in the next 5 weeks. Work is worse, it's crazy busy between now and Mid Dec. I actually mapped out my next 6 weeks to try to figure out a time to have dinner with another couple. HAH! Not gonna happen. And I feel horrible as I think they feel blown off but man, they don't have kids and don't quite get it.

Quickly, here's my current plan and it is a very DISy one!

10/16:
Arrive at MCO at 5:30, DME to VWL, quick change and head to Epcot! Dinner at Les Chefs with Mary Ellen. I do hope to buy a new coffee cup this evening. Either at Epcot, or at WL. Need it for the morning you know! I also plan to pick up some lovely bottle of wine at the F&W festival to take back to our room, we will see if I can fit those 2 agenda items in. Literally, that's all that’s officially on my agenda for the night. And doesn't mean we will drink it that night. LOL! Park hours aren't late anywhere which is a bit of a bummer but I’m not worried...

10/17:
Open morning, could be MK, could be resort, whatever we feel like! 11:00 lunch at Via Napoli with Melissa (mickeysmyboy) and her DH, Anita (wigdoutmom) and Mark, Mary Ellen and I. Mary Ellen and I may have to leave early, we have a 1pm culinary seminar to attend, hosted by Moises Flores, San Angel Inn, Mexico Pavillion, Epcot®. He will be focusing on Chicken. Ok, I've never eaten at San Angel, that’s not really a draw but the DVC price is $9 each and I can always use new ideas for chicken! 45 minutes and will include tastings, should be fun! We are planning the night to be a WS Kiosk tasting meander but are pretty loose as well. Epcot does have evening EMH so I could see us taking a break after our seminar for pool time or whatever. Air Supply is playing for Eat to the Beat, which will be entertaining to me, I'm sure I'll have some serious HS flashbacks.

10/18:
Breakfast at The Wave. Excited for this, menu looks SO good. It will be a tough call between menu or the buffet. MK does have EMH, not sure if we will try to hit that or not. Either this day, or the day before, I do want to make RD as....I’ve never seen the MK opening show! We have our big DIS meet at 1:30. So far I think we have 12 DISers plus their spouses and kids depending on who brings whom. Should be a ton of fun! That night we have…MNSSHP! And it does look like there may be costumes involved and another Diser. Working out the details now but suffice to say, it's looking rather fun! Looks like at least 5 DISers we know will be going to the party that same night. I really want to try a waffle sandwich for dinner. LOL!

10/19:
Dinner at Citricos. That is literally all that’s officially on the schedule! It may be an AK morning, or who knows! Eat to the Beat is Gin Blossoms. I do like them, not sure it will work this night or the previous due to dinner times and MNSSHP but if it does, that'd be cool.

10/20:
Today we move to BWV! Right now DHS is the current plan, with dinner at Flying Fish where Tina (tinacaplan) will be joining us! DHS has morning EMH and I love hitting TSM during that, twice, and then heading to writers stop for a carrot cake cookie and coffee. We will see if we can pull that off with dropping bags at bell services but am kind of hoping it's a DHS early morning, head to resort, check in and then go from there.

10/21:
We have a 1pm culinary seminar with Judith McLaughlin, Kerrigold® Irish Butter on Cheese & Pork. If you don't know what Kerrigold is...it's the most amazingly decadent butter ever and the kind they use in the Raglan Road Bread Pudding. This one is sold out and I'm very excited for it. Dinner is at Brown Derby which works well with evening EMH being available after we finish our delicious meal. That is all that's officially planned and we will work around those. If I want more HS flashbacks...Eat to the Beat is Survivor. Gee...am I the target demographic for this or what? LOL!

10/22:
Departure day for me. WAH! But at least I don’t have to get on the not so magical express until about 3:30. Have a tentative plan for breakfast at Kouzzina with Jenny (rentayenta) but we will probably be playing that by ear based on what’s up with her gang, etc. Mary Ellen doesn't leave until the next day so luckily I don't have to take my stuff down early, which means afternoon pool time is a real possibility!

I am SO excited for this trip!!!!!!!!!

I have started a "top 10". However, it's turned into a top… 22 so far. These are not necessarily in order and some easier for me to get done, than others. I didn't list the obvious...like the F&W kiosks!
  1. Opening Show at MK
  2. Really look at the shops on Main Street
  3. Really look at the shops at DHS
  4. Dumbo
  5. Little Mermaid Show
  6. Country Bear Jamboree
  7. Waffle sandwich
  8. Backlot tour
  9. Figment
  10. EWP
  11. COP
  12. Pumpkin Spice Funnel cake
  13. New fantasyland...anything and everything that's open
  14. Check out Fort Wilderness decorated for Halloween. (had wanted to do a carriage ride..they aren’t doing them this year, wah!)
  15. Hallowishes from TOWL
  16. Tiki room, no longer under new management
  17. Living with the land
  18. The movie in Canada
  19. SOAT
  20. Ellen's energy adventure
  21. Malestorm
  22. New character meet and greet at Storybook Circus

Ok, back to the TRIP report update!

Today was…let's go to the beach day!

Vero Beach.

A pivotal element in this trip, and in the decision to go ahead and buy DVC.

The tipping factor if you will.

We weren't actually in a rush though. Why not? Well…as many of you might recall, we have a small thing for Jimmy Buffet. And Margaritaville. And a certain Grumman Albatross named the Hemisphere Dancer. Our original plan had called for arrival at MCO, pick up rental car, drive to Margaritaville for lunch and then head to Vero. When we changed things around one thing was clear to both of us.

We'd still be going to Margaritaville!

As you might imagine, it's not really a breakfast place. And clearly...the kids are not morning people in the summer when we aren't trying to make rope drop. As a result, we came up with a plan that worked for everyone. Jeff, Kendall and I would get up and go work out no later than 8:30. Jeff would go get the rental car, leaving straight from his workout, K & I would head back to the villa, I'd pack while the kids had a light breakfast and then we'd be off to visit Jimmy. Check out was at 11 and that seemed just perfect. With that we'd be at Margaritaville around 11:30, on the road by 1 and hopefully to Vero by 3 at the latest.

Amazingly….Kendall got up with zero issues! Jeff and Kendall decided to run to the fitness center, my plan (as I don't run) was to either walk, or ride the bus, depending on if a bus came right away. One did. And it passed Jeff and Kendall (who I later learned made a wrong turn or two on their way). Upon my arrival I actually headed in to settle our bill. I'd tried the night before but our lunch at Cookes still wasn't showing up on the room charge and since I was using gift cards to pay it, I'd wanted to make sure that things were applied correctly. Normally that would have happened at midnight I think the night before but since it wasn't there when I checked (prior to us heading back to the villa the night before), I wasn't overly worried about it and sure enough, it was just now there and I was able to use my GC. As a result, Jeff and Kendall beat me to the gym. A small note about the fitness center at OKW. It is a great little fitness center and really did have everything we'd need or want. It was however, small. And pretty darn busy! So it was crowded. I always worry in those scenarios I'm going to whack someone as I do my light free weights. They just did some remodeling/moving around at our Y too and now we have the same problem but in the stretching area. Small also means warm and poor Jeff, who runs warm anyways, was really really warm. And not thrilled about heading straight to get the rental car feeling sticky and sweaty but…what can you do.

Jeff changed, giving me his sweaty clothes to take back and we headed out together. I had brought our mugs with us, to use for water while working out and then for Jeff to take one, full of Nescrappe while he went to get the car. Consolation prize coffee I guess. Which we both thought he'd need as the whole car thing was a bit…of a mess. I had gone through a LOT of options when booking our rental car. We'd saved quite a bit by dropping 2 days and downgrading from a minivan to a "standard" SUV. We hoped all our stuff would fit but figured for an hour, we could suck up whatever we had to, as long as it sat 5. My preference would have been to be able to pick up the car at the Dolphin, or the Car Care Center. However neither of those had a car we could then return to the port so our options became more limited. I'd ended up going with Budget. Which was supposedly located in a hotel "right across/next to DTD". I'd done my research, had the address and had even spent quite a bit of time with them on the phone the prior day. I had called as the site had said they would come and pick you up, which sounded perfect. Upon calling the location I thought we were to call, she sent me to another one, who supposedly was the one that had "our" car for the next day. In speaking with them, they couldn't come get us (can’t recall why) but reiterated the directions I had which seemed relatively simple. Jeff’s plan was to take a bus to DTD and then cab to the hotel. Minimize expense, and time. As we left, Jeff was still waiting for a DTD bus.

Kendall and I decided to walk. It is such a lovely lovely walk. Honestly I wish we'd done it every time and not taken the bus. So pretty. In fact I decided to test out the stitching app again!

Sigh. This makes me want to be back there now!

Oh wait, I will be…in 25 days!

I also decided to actually LOOK at the quiet pool. Only the boys had been in it and besides wanting to actually see it, I did want to see what it said for posted hours.

Our villa is in the corner! Nestled in the trees.

10pm by the way. 10pm is when the quiet pool was “supposed” to close.
10am is what it was now and I needed to take a shower and get packing so Kendall and I hurried up to the villa. Imagine my surprise when I saw…Evan was still asleep! Guess all that paddling really wore him out. I told Kendall to go ahead and take the first shower while I got the E's moving on packing and breakfast, reiterating the "light" part of breakfast as we'd be having a big lunch soon. I inhaled a yogurt and then packed up all the dry goods, thankfully I had kept all the grocery bags from our delivery service as we had more left than I'd expected. Then came the challenge of the items we’d need to keep cold, or at least cool. I had muffins, fruit, bread, lunch meat, cheese, creamer, mustard and mayo. And only one insulated tote. In my original thinking, we'd have used up all the cheese and lunchmeat. With the lunch at Cookes, we had more extra than I'd anticipated. The food was going to be in the car for a minimum of 3 hours, maybe more so not using ice didn't seem like a smart idea. I had packed two of those wine bubble travel bags that fit around a bottle. I hadn't needed it on the way out but figured we might for the cruise. I decided to convert them to an ice bag since they had a Velcro closure at the end. It worked pretty well except…they were big! Which made getting all into the one tote...interesting. Figuring all that out took longer than expected and as we approached 11, and I wasn't ready (not even in the shower), and Jeff wasn't back…the dreaded knock came.

"Housekeeping"

OOPS! Sorry, not ready, almost!

"No problem, we'll come back"

While I was wrestling with ice, Jeff was dealing with his own saga. He'd been texting back and forth. The bus to DTD, after 20 minutes, still hadn’t come. So he took a cab. To the address we had. Which apparently was nowhere near DTD. According to Jeff. Upon arriving there…they didn’t have our car. It was at the other location, which was supposedly closer. So they drove him to that location. An hour later, he had the car. And we'd been upgraded to an Explorer. More than enough room. At about 11:15 or so he arrived. And he still needed to shower! I had just finished drying my hair at that point. While he did his thing, we loaded the car. Which was dirty. Apparently he had told them not to bother cleaning it so he could get back in time. Of course, as I was loading, I didn't know that! Housekeeping appeared to be hovering outside our villa, which was stressing me out, though they kept assuring me it was no big deal. Finally, with Jeff clean, our mugs refilled with the last of the coffee and the dishwasher started...we were on the road!

A good 45 minutes late I think. It may have been more, I'm almost positive it was. The super sweet head of housekeeping happened to be next to our car in her cart as we were loading and I apologized over and over again and she was so sweet, assuring me it was not a big deal at all, they'd just gone on to the next one and would be back at ours and to take our time, which was a relief since at that moment poor Jeff was just hopping in the shower. Still, I felt terrible. First trip home and being a bad DVCer. Using our phone as a GPS we set off for Universal. Now in theory, it's only about a 30 minute drive. Somehow, with parking and then walking over to the Lone Palm Airport it was literally 12:50 when we took this picture. So much for our 11:30 lunch!

Still, just seeing it, made us smile and relax. We really weren't on a time frame, we love this place and needed to just chill and enjoy! And while you might not be able to tell, both Jeff and I were dressed in honor of the occasion.

With no wait, we were seated right away

And got a picture complete with creepy eyes that for whatever reason my various red eye fixes would NOT work (was giving us black eyes instead), so you get the original version

The boys love playing captain. You can't really tell but Eric is wearing his Vero Beach pin that I'd given him when we told them about the trip in honor of our impending arrival there later. Evan, his UK one. Not sure why that one. He'd gotten Eric to buy him the Germany one as part of the infamous rock climbing bet. It is cute though, Evan will often wear a Disney pin to school with his outfit, whatever suits his mood at the moment.

Margaritas were ordered and we got to watch the volcano blow!

And check out some Margaritaville TV which is VERY entertaining.

And some radio Margaritaville

By the time the food arrived, we were starving! Most of the gang went for...a cheeseburger in paradise of course!

As for me, I went for this beauty,

FISH SANDWICH
Grilled, blackened, or fried and served on a wheat roll with lettuce, tomato, tartar sauce, and lemon.

I went for blackened and substituted onion rings for the fries.

I know. I was at Margaritaville and didn't have a burger. For shame! But for whatever reason, the fish sandwich was calling my name and it was SO good, I am happy I got it. Jeff and I shared a 2nd margarita during lunch. Hey, who knows when we will be back there, right? Full and happy, we paid our bill, making sure to give them our AAA card for 10% off. Love that. Ok, it covers tax plus a little but still, every little bit helps!

After lunch it was time for key stop #3 on our Parrothead list. #1 being a visit to the Hemisphere Dancer. Check. #2, lunch at Margaritaville. Check. #3…visit the Margaritaville store! The real question to me was, how many shirts would Jeff buy?

Guess what. A shirt was not on Jeff’s immediate agenda. Shorts were. Thanks to the exploding hair gel, he was in a bit of a crises and quickly found that the store had Tommy Bahama like dressier items with a Margaritaville label, including some very nice shorts. He then went to look at all the shirts. The store did not have a changing room so he had to get the shorts and go back into the restaurant bathroom to try them on. Odd. Too expensive to buy without trying on first. While he did that, the kids and I looked around. Evan had been dying to get something at Margaritaville, one of his favorite shirts from our 2010 trip was from this very store. He kept gravitating towards things that weren’t, how shall we say, age appropriate. Or even Evan appropriate. As in there wasn’t anything wrong with the shirt age wise but it wasn’t stuff he was actually into, kind of like he was trying too hard to make something “fit” just so he could buy something there for the sake of buying something. Jeff on the other hand hadn’t found anything he wanted either on the shirt side. It of course has to have a plane on it. And a lot of their stuff doesn’t. Most in fact. When it does, it is a seaplane and Jeff loves that. It’s a big store and a busy one and you kind of have to dig, things can be hidden. So while he tried on the shorts, Evan and I looked. And looked. It just seemed wrong to leave without at least one new shirt for Jeff, even if he did end up with the shorts. We found a few. Not available in his size. We gave up and looked for me. I found one I liked…Evan wasn’t so sure. He found one he thought I should buy for myself instead. I wasn’t so sure. It seemed like Jeff had been gone forever, so we looked some more for him. And found a shirt! In the meantime, Evan decided all on his own, that the shirts weren’t really him and he’d save his money. We showed Jeff our discovery, winner! We showed him my two choices…and he sided with Evan. Overruled I decided to go with the one my entire family said I should buy.

Shopping finally done we checked out, again using our AAA card for the 10% off. However at lunch we’d gotten a coupon as well and somehow we figured it was a better deal to do 2 transactions, one with the coupon and one with our AAA . I don’t recall the details but the bottom line was it lessened the pain of the shorts, definitely an unexpected purchase and not what either of us would define as a “souvenir”. Finally, it was time to leave. We started to head back to the car and realized a bio break would be a good idea as we still had an hour drive. The boys and I headed to our respective restrooms. Coming out I found a CityWalk employee looking for me, asking if I was Kendall’s stepmom. Yes, I am. Why?

"You need to come with me, she’s back at first aid"

"Why?"

"Her ankle is bleeding"

Huh?

I followed the woman, magically the first aid area was directly behind the restrooms we were at.

Kendall is sitting on a hospital bed and yep, her ankle is bleeding.

"What happened?"

"I have no idea

I looked down, and blood was running down my ankle!"

Weird! All we can think is that she scraped it on something under the table at the restaurant but she definitely didn't recall feeling anything whenever it did happen.

Ok so…she needed to be cleaned up and bandaged.

20 forms later…(ok maybe 3 but it was crazy, I had writers cramp) full of disclaimers and what not she was cleaned up and bandaged. It took a good 15 minutes. We’d have been better off going to the car; I had a full first aid kit in my suitcase! Although I didn’t have the huge bandaids they did, and they gave us extras which was good.

As we arrived at the car it was…3:30. About the time I’d hoped to be arriving at Vero.

Sigh.

Oh well, what can you do?

The long road to Vero

Last edited by eandesmom; 09-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #498
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
But first...a little PTR update for my girls trip. Check it out.
Looks like it'll be a great trip!

Quote:
We'd still be going to Margaritaville!
But hopefully not wasting away.

Quote:
Kendall and I decided to walk. It is such a lovely lovely walk. Honestly I wish we'd done it every time and not taken the bus. So pretty.
And probably just as fast as the bus!

Quote:
Sigh. This makes me want to be back there now!
Me too.

Quote:
Oh wait, I will be…in 25 days!
Don't rub it in!

Quote:
"Housekeeping"

OOPS! Sorry, not ready, almost!

"No problem, we'll come back"
Uh oh. Now you're on the clock. I hate that feeling.

Quote:
Still, just seeing it, made us smile and relax. We really weren't on a time frame, we love this place and needed to just chill and enjoy! And while you might not be able to tell, both Jeff and I were dressed in honor of the occasion.

Quote:
And got a picture complete with creepy eyes that for whatever reason my various red eye fixes would NOT work (was giving us black eyes instead), so you get the original version
I hear you get used to the alien parasites after a day or so.

Quote:
By the time the food arrived, we were starving! Most of the gang went for...a cheeseburger in paradise of course!

Quote:
I know. I was at Margaritaville and didn't have a burger. For shame!
Such a rebel.

Quote:
Coming out I found a CityWalk employee looking for me, asking if I was Kendall’s stepmom. Yes, I am. Why?

"You need to come with me, she’s back at first aid"

"Why?"

"Her ankle is bleeding"
Was it the parasite?

Quote:
20 forms later…(ok maybe 3 but it was crazy, I had writers cramp) full of disclaimers and what not she was cleaned up and bandaged. It took a good 15 minutes.
Better check it again. You just sold them your DVC points.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #499
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I didn't realize margaritaville was a full destination spot!

Crazy about Kendall's ankle! You would think she'd feel something like that. But then I constantly find giant bruises on my body that I don't know where they came from.

Considering the shape I'm in this probably won't come as a surprise but, I don't understand excercising on vacation. Esp. somewhere like WDW where you walki 13 miles a day. Perhaps, this theory is the reason my behind is in a seperate hemisphere from my top half?
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #500
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Great update but poor Kendall....hope her ankle injury doesn't cause any issues with the rest of the trip!

So, so jealous of your upcoming WDW trip! How fun!!

Could you explain a bit more about the gift cards you use and why? I seem to remember in your pre-trip report you commenting about picking up a few more. Do you use them just for budgeting purposes or are there other benefits too?
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #501
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ok... that's a lot of stuff going on in your most recent post...

I'm sorry about Kendall's ankle... Poor girl-I hope she's ok...
(Don't you sometimes feel like someone always has something... I love my family but honestly it's like we all take turns have something happen...)

Margaritaville huh? Is this a chain by any chance? (No- I didn't fall off a turnip truck ) but I swore we passed one of those in Nashville...we were only there for a short short trip but I feel like there was one...hmmm...
(food looked good-sounds like fun...)

So, YOU"RE going to take really good pictures and notes (for your tr) at the Food and Wine Festival right....... because I am going to live vicariously through you and since going to the F&W and the Halloween party are on my bucket list... I want DETAILs about the stuff you do at the F&W... (Thank you in advance... )

I am really dying to hear about Vero Beach-Eric really wants to go there sometime...and I'm on the fence... so I'll be curious about it...(My issue is mainly about what there is to do- I'm sure its beautiful but I like to have activity options... so let's see what you do...

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #502
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Pumpkin spice funnel cake? Do tell!
: )
Old 09-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #503
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Yeehaw Bob looks so fun!! I really need to go see him sometime!

And I LOVE Margaritaville! I have only been one but it was so great!! YUM!

Crazy that Kendall was bleeding! Oh man. Glad she was all taken care of though!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #504
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting out itinerary. You are just like having a personal secretary. All I have to do it show up.

So much for the early arrival at Vero. Oh well. The whole car pickup thing sounds like it was a real PITA, but yeah for the upgrade.

Lunch looks super yummy. Love onion rings. What a guilty pleasure.

Poor Kendall.

That quiet pool looks so relaxing.

I do remember the health club as being pretty small and I spent about 2 minutes in there because I never figured out how to turn the treadmill on, so I went outside for a run. So impatient.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #505
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like it'll be a great trip!
I think so, I'm getting more excited for it by the day!

Quote:
But hopefully not wasting away.
Not this trip, no.

KIDDING!

Quote:
And probably just as fast as the bus!
Probably as it is not exactly a direct route on the bus

Quote:
Uh oh. Now you're on the clock. I hate that feeling.
Unfortunately...it's pretty standard for us. Permanently 5 minutes late. Or 15. Or....

Quote:
Such a rebel.
Someone has to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I didn't realize margaritaville was a full destination spot!
Seriously. I'm sure it's not for most. We were sad that the parrots weren't out, one of my favorite pictures of the boys of all time was with those parrots!

Quote:
Crazy about Kendall's ankle! You would think she'd feel something like that. But then I constantly find giant bruises on my body that I don't know where they came from.
I know, me too. She said it didn't hurt at all, so who knows. It was wierd. Evan's done something like that twice recently and had no idea. Strange children. For me it's not bleeding but definitely I"m with you on the bruise thing!

Quote:
Considering the shape I'm in this probably won't come as a surprise but, I don't understand excercising on vacation. Esp. somewhere like WDW where you walki 13 miles a day. Perhaps, this theory is the reason my behind is in a seperate hemisphere from my top half?
Well it wasn't a park trip so we weren't walking 13 miles a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Great update but poor Kendall....hope her ankle injury doesn't cause any issues with the rest of the trip!
It was just a mysterious injury

Quote:
So, so jealous of your upcoming WDW trip! How fun!!
I am so excited!

Quote:
Could you explain a bit more about the gift cards you use and why? I seem to remember in your pre-trip report you commenting about picking up a few more. Do you use them just for budgeting purposes or are there other benefits too?
Safeway is giving 4x points on gift card purchases so it helps get the gas costs down and lets me budget ahead of time. The only bummer is that you can't use a gift card to pay for a gift card and I would like to have one of the F&W wristlet cards but in the interest of cheaper gas, I will live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ok... that's a lot of stuff going on in your most recent post...
LOL...this from the person who is visiting TWENTY schools. LOL!

Quote:
I'm sorry about Kendall's ankle... Poor girl-I hope she's ok...
(Don't you sometimes feel like someone always has something... I love my family but honestly it's like we all take turns have something happen...)
So true, they take turns getting injured, being high maintenance, school issues...backtalking...

I used to joke we would have 2 "good" kids and 2 "pull your hair out" ones at any given moment, it just rotated who was what.

Quote:
Margaritaville huh? Is this a chain by any chance? (No- I didn't fall off a turnip truck ) but I swore we passed one of those in Nashville...we were only there for a short short trip but I feel like there was one...hmmm...
(food looked good-sounds like fun...)
It is a chain and they are in some random locales. I think there is one in Nashville.

Quote:
So, YOU"RE going to take really good pictures and notes (for your tr) at the Food and Wine Festival right....... because I am going to live vicariously through you and since going to the F&W and the Halloween party are on my bucket list... I want DETAILs about the stuff you do at the F&W... (Thank you in advance... )
I'm confident between Mary Ellen and I it will be more pictures than anyone really wants to see!

Quote:
I am really dying to hear about Vero Beach-Eric really wants to go there sometime...and I'm on the fence... so I'll be curious about it...(My issue is mainly about what there is to do- I'm sure its beautiful but I like to have activity options... so let's see what you do...

I was worried about the same thing, it is why we changed it from 5 nights to 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Yeehaw Bob looks so fun!! I really need to go see him sometime!
You do! He is so much fun.

Quote:
And I LOVE Margaritaville! I have only been one but it was so great!! YUM!
I've only been to two of them, Key West and Orlando but we love it! Special spot in our hearts for the one in Key West. Some of the locations seem pretty odd to me but then again, if there was one here, we'd probably move in.

Quote:
Crazy that Kendall was bleeding! Oh man. Glad she was all taken care of though!
It was so bizarre! Lucky that we were right next to the first aid but wow, it took awhile.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #506
15isto2
DIS Veteran

just dawned on me where your screen name comes from

Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #507
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Yikes relaxing on vacation and then Wham - you get a real life dose of ack hurry up and move it out.

Been to the Margaritaville in Key West. Got IDed when I was 29.

I think I was even in the one at Universal but not completely sure we ate there, maybe just passed through.

Odd about Kendall's ankle - and it needed LARGE bandaids???

I guess departure day is still departure day even if you are just switching resorts.

Glad you are on your way and see "your " Vero.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #508
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great update. We love Margaritaville too. I posted some pics on FB of our last visit there when we took the girls to Vegas to see 1D.Their skinny girl margarita isn't half bad. I didn't know you we're a parrot head. Love us some Jimmy.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 09-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #509
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Late, but joining in. We will be staying at Vero next summer, so I look forward to previewing it in your pictures.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #510
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I don't know....I don't know.....

I don't know where I'm-a gonna go, when da vol-ca-no blow...

And THAT....is going to be in my head. All. Day.

Oh well I guess there are worse songs!! I do think I've got a new place to try next time we're down that way, though!

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: