Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #46
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Lovely photos! Love the character meets from the train, this never happened when we were there!

I would love to have a mother/daughter trip - but hubby has said if I ever attempt to go to Disney without him, he'll cry!

Thank you! That's a shame you never got to meet them off the train. I didn't even realise you could until we stumbled upon Donald. We just managed to meet them all except for Dale over the two days.

It was lovely going just the two of us, it's good that you're hubby loves it there too though! I'm looking forward to the grown up company when we go next
A dream is a wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #47
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
your photos are amazing, I can't wait until you go again and we get a Christmas trip report !
Thank you very much! Hopefully it's not too dragged out, I like to ramble
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A dream is a wish View Post
Thank you! That's a shame you never got to meet them off the train. I didn't even realise you could until we stumbled upon Donald. We just managed to meet them all except for Dale over the two days.

It was lovely going just the two of us, it's good that you're hubby loves it there too though! I'm looking forward to the grown up company when we go next
Adult company? What's that? He cried when we left!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #49
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

I woke at 6am and got Chloe up. We got ready and I finished the rest of our packing and then we left. Chloe was sad to say goodbye to our room.

I handed the key in at reception and dropped our bags off.

We got over to Café Mickey at about 7:50am. I handed in our voucher and we were shown to our table.

The food was really good, much better than I was expecting.

First out was Pluto. He pointed at Chloe and ran at her! I just managed to get a photo of him as he got to her He was so lovely, jumping around with her and playing with her dress

Next was Goofy. He kept pulling on her ears down over her eyes! As he left he went behind me and knocked my Minnie ears off, I told him off which Chloe thought was hilarious

Then Eeyore came over. He wanted lots and lots of cuddle Chloe would ask him to sign her book and he’d say no I want another cuddle! It went on for ages!

Minnie came over next. She made a big fuss of Chloe’s ears and her dress

Just after Minnie left, Pluto came back over for another cuddle and photo

It was quiet for a while, so we managed to eat a little bit of breakfast!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #50
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Adult company? What's that? He cried when we left!
a great big kid then!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #51
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Pluto and Goofy left and a couple of minutes later Chip and Dale came out!

As usual they were really playful and wanted loads and loads of cuddles! Chip asked me for a kiss on the cheek so I gave him one and a big hug, Chloe was mortified well if she can have her fun, I can have mine

We finished our breakfast and finally Mickey came out! He was sweet with Chloe and played with her Goofy ears

Overall the character breakfast was an amazing experience, I'd recommend it to anyone. We met more characters than at the dinner and had much longer with them as there weren't many families in there. I was surprised by this, maybe it's because of the extra cost or because it was the 8am sitting.

It was just after 9am when we left, we decided to go to the World of Disney store to do a little shopping. Chloe bought herself a Leroy cuddly toy and as we were leaving guess what I saw?! The hoody!!! I was so happy I’d found it! I’ve worn it so much since we’ve got back

Chloe wanted to go on Crush so we went over and joined the queue at the Studios.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #52
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

We didn’t have long to wait, people were let through at 9:30am and all of the lunatics ran to Crush! We got there and they were letting people on the ride so we only queued for about 20 minutes. We headed straight over to the Toy Story Playland.

We got in the queue for Toy Soldiers Parachute drop, they hadn’t started to let people through yet as they were doing the safety checks. I know waiting isn't the best thing in the world but I was shocked that people were complaining about it! Would they rather take a chance with their safety?!

This only went on for a few minutes and then they let everyone through.

Afterwards we went on Slinky and then went to say goodbye to Rex.

It was really funny, just after I’d taken the last photo, Rex started speaking, Chloe wasn't expecting it and jumped up and ran away so fast!

Then we went over to Tower of Terror, I’ve got to add that I actually enjoyed it this time! Chloe loved it, as usual!

Now it was time to say goodbye to the Studios

This isn’t a great photo, but I love this!

We went to Big Thunder Mountain to see if we could use the FP given to us last night, it was no problem we were on in a couple of minutes. Afterwards we went straight to Pirates for one last turn, yet again it was a walk on.

There was now just enough time to rush over for the train. We went straight to the spot for Pluto and Goofy and managed to meet them.

We went and saw the dragon to say goodbye (Chloe needed to apparently) then we going to have a look around Fantasyland to see what the queues were like and then I had planned to go over to the Cowboy Cookout Barbeque just as a final character goodbye. Then I saw the queue for the Rapunzel meet. I know Chloe had been desperate to see her, so I gave Chloe the option to either go on a ride and then over to the Cowboy Cookout Barbeque or get in line to meet Rapunzel and grab something quick to eat from the village just before we leave, she chose Rapunzel – no contest! So we got in the queue.

Chloe spent most of the time sitting on the floor listening to her Disney songs on her Ipod! By the time we got to her we’d been queuing for what felt like forever (it was about 2 hours) but we’d made it! And there was going to be just enough time to make it back for the train to meet Mickey and Minnie! Rapunzel was really sweet, I had a very happy little girl!

I was told we could have a look at the photos in an hour, which was cutting it a bit fine as we needed to eat and get to the station but I had one photo left so I wanted to use it. If I couldn’t get one of the Rapunzel ones, there was another one with Mickey that I liked so I needed to get that anyway.

We went to the area that Mickey and Minnie went to and waited for them as they came. We got to meet Minnie first, then just managed to meet Mickey in time!

Afterwards, we skipped off down Main Street very happy

It hadn’t quite been an hour but I thought I’d ask about the photo, to be told quite rudely that it is not showing and that it does not take 1 hour, it takes 2! I had been told 1 hour after the ones with Mickey were taken so I took no notice!

We went to eat at Earl of Sandwich as we were both hungry by now, we had the same as last time although I was told that I couldn’t get the shareholder discount this time! We both had the same as last time so I didn’t take any photos. The food was so good again!

We had a little time to kill before we needed to be at the station and lots of change weighing down my purse so we did some shopping! Chloe got herself a musical jewellery box, a hair brush, some hair things and lots of sweets! We’ve still got tins of sweets everywhere! We went into a shop to see if the photos were ready, they were, so we had one of the ones with Rapunzel.

The station was busy but we got through quite quickly and then we were on the train

We ended up getting home late though as there was a problem on the way back to Birmingham. A woman on another train missed her stop and so she pulled the emergency cord! All the trains by the station were stopped (apparently, ours was but other people said they all were) and everyone on that train had to get off. We were sat for a while and then when we finally got to the platform so many people got on! People were concerned as we were obviously way over the amount of people who were supposed to be on the train, every carriage was packed to the point that you could barely move, I was so glad we had seats!! My lovely grandparents were picking us up from the station, as it was late I tried to get in touch with them and my phone battery had died. In the end they knew there was a delay and stayed looking out for us, we also had a little picnic waiting for us, we are spoilt

Chloe ate a little in the car as she was hungry now, by the time we’d got home and she was settled and in bed it was 1:30am! I was wide awake so just started sorting things out, ended up getting into bed at 4am.

Overall it was an exhausting trip but I loved every second of the magic and I cannot wait to be there again in just over 2 months!!!!

Thank you for reading, I know it was long but hopefully it wasn’t too dull!

Kara
Old 09-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #53
SleepingX3Beauty
Mouseketeer

Lovely tripreport!
To bad about the ending tough! You're already exhausted when coming back from such a trip, it's not pleasant when you arrive a lot later then expected.
SleepingX3Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #54
lush
Mouseketeer

Fantastic trip report, I've loved reading all of it and your photos are fab! Looks like you both had a fantastic trip and what wonderful memories for Chloe to have when she's older.

Can I also just say that Chloe has a VERY impressive selection of Disney costumes! Love it!

Yay for going for the Christmas season, that's what we're going for too!

June 1992 - Offsite DLP November 1996 - DLP Santa Fe November 1997 - DLP Santa Fe November 1998 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne November 1999 - DLP Newport Bay November 2000 - DLP Newport Bay November 2001 - DLP Newport Bay November 2002 - DLP Newport Bay November 2003 - DLP Newport Bay November 2004 - DLP Newport Bay July 2006 - WDW Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom November 2008 - DLP Sequoia Lodge November 2012 - DLP Hotel New York March 2013 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne May 2015 - Windsor Hills Walt Disney World
lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Kara

Just read your TR start to finish as somehow I missed it earlier? Chloe is adorable - such a cute smile and she just looks like she is having the time of her life which is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing - Christmas next - yippeee, not that I am too excited for our trip then, I am getting worse by the day and it's aaages away yet . Still, counting down the days to being able to book our meals - always a milestone!

DLPDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #56
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingX3Beauty View Post
Lovely tripreport!
To bad about the ending tough! You're already exhausted when coming back from such a trip, it's not pleasant when you arrive a lot later then expected.
Thank you, I know, I was so drained when we got home!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Fantastic trip report, I've loved reading all of it and your photos are fab! Looks like you both had a fantastic trip and what wonderful memories for Chloe to have when she's older.

Can I also just say that Chloe has a VERY impressive selection of Disney costumes! Love it!

Yay for going for the Christmas season, that's what we're going for too!
Thank you, it really was a fantastic trip, I loved it all.

Chloe loves dressing up, she's a little obsessed, I love it too so I do feed her addiction she had to have a separate wardrobe for them all though, atleast I didn't have to worry about finding ones for her, the tough bit was choosing the ones to take

So excited for the Christmas season!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #58
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Kara

Just read your TR start to finish as somehow I missed it earlier? Chloe is adorable - such a cute smile and she just looks like she is having the time of her life which is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing - Christmas next - yippeee, not that I am too excited for our trip then, I am getting worse by the day and it's aaages away yet . Still, counting down the days to being able to book our meals - always a milestone!
Thank you, she was just in heaven there (me too ) it was so nice to see how she reacted to things there, so many crazy grins

That is exactly how I am! I'm driving everyone crazy, I was squealing at the Christmas things on youtube yesterday! I don't know what it is but DLP does something to me and makes me behave like a 6 year old It's good to have a countdown, every little thing means it's one step closer
Old 09-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #59
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

I just realised I forgot to put the photo with Rapunzel that the photographer took on here!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #60
A dream is a wish
Mouseketeer

I was just going through my videos from our July trip last year, I'd forgotten about this one! I just thought I'd share it, it's my favourite one! It's of Chloe dancing with the wonderful Perla in Auberge The quality isn't very good, not sure why, it is alright on my computer but when I uploaded it on to photoucket it isn't very good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: