Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #916
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Yes I took this shot with the new panoramic photo function on our iPhone. This is a new feature that is in the iOS 6 update. It works so much better and easier than other panoramic apps that I have tried.
That is really neat, what a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing! Now I have to start playing with the iOS 6 functionality some more. The first thing I did with it was look at WL from Bay Lake with the 3D map feature.

I assume you were able to download it over the WL WiFi. That is pretty neat in itself.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #917
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No problem! BTW, the milk shakes are still all-you-can-eat, but they're very thick. I always ask for mine w/o whipped cream so I can be sure to consume more of the ice cream

What more can I say to that?

I'm thrilled w/ the idea of all u can consume milkshakes. The problem? I can usually only have 1/2 of one before I feel like a blimp. They are just SOO filling! But I'll try for the chocolate & the strawberry.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #918
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012

I'm thrilled w/ the idea of all u can consume milkshakes. The problem? I can usually only have 1/2 of one before I feel like a blimp. They are just SOO filling! But I'll try for the chocolate & the strawberry.
My DBF got our waitress to put a refill in a to go cup. It was small, but it was something!!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #919
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

My DBF got our waitress to put a refill in a to go cup. It was small, but it was something!!
Awesome - thanks for sharing that fun tip!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #920
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post

I had to laugh at a waitress there last week - I know we all "know" that if you fill up on milkshake you can't eat as much of the all-you-can eat platter, but she flat at told the table next to us that was why it was on the menu in order for people not to eat $$. Honesty is the best policy
Old 09-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #921
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I love the refill on the milkshakes and was very happy to see that this is still there - even if it is for money saving purposes! That's something where I think both the guest and Disney win! It's your choice how much of the milkshake you want to drink and therefore eat less of the food. Like I would have loved it if they had given you a choice with the platter of either salad or dessert.

Kook, you mentioned the other new things on the platter. They might be good, but the biggest appeal for me of the skillet was all the barbecue food. That is something which you can't get here in Germany and I just like it very much. So WCC was always the place to go for really "ethnic" food for me!

I guess I need to start considering off-site barbecue restaurants for my next trip. I got a few recommendations in the past of places that supposedly are much better than WCC, so maybe for me it ends up being a good thing as I get to experience something new and possibly better...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 09-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #922
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post

Doesn't AYCE milkshakes just scream "Hey, don't judge me, I'm on vacation!"

Next time, try ordering just the milkshake with a nice bowl of cheddar cheese soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I can't ever seem to drink the WCC ones with a straw, so 'to-go' for me could be one messy proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
I had to laugh at a waitress there last week - I know we all "know" that if you fill up on milkshake you can't eat as much of the all-you-can eat platter, but she flat at told the table next to us that was why it was on the menu in order for people not to eat $$. Honesty is the best policy
I hope those guests next to you ordered one anyway - it's vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love the refill on the milkshakes and was very happy to see that this is still there - even if it is for money saving purposes! That's something where I think both the guest and Disney win! It's your choice how much of the milkshake you want to drink and therefore eat less of the food. Like I would have loved it if they had given you a choice with the platter of either salad or dessert.

Kook, you mentioned the other new things on the platter. They might be good, but the biggest appeal for me of the skillet was all the barbecue food. That is something which you can't get here in Germany and I just like it very much. So WCC was always the place to go for really "ethnic" food for me!

I guess I need to start considering off-site barbecue restaurants for my next trip. I got a few recommendations in the past of places that supposedly are much better than WCC, so maybe for me it ends up being a good thing as I get to experience something new and possibly better...
Don't despair, here are some other great BBQ places at WDW:

Hoop-Dee-Doo - FW
Trail's End - FW
Flame Tree BBQ - AK
Big River Grille (ribs) - BW

Did I miss some others?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #923
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hoop-Dee-Doo - FW
Trail's End - FW
Flame Tree BBQ - AK

Did I miss some others?
For a counter service, you can get Chicken/Ribs Combo at Cosmic Rays for dinner, very good and a lot of food for the value!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #924
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love this place!

JD
Awesome use of the new panoramic function!! Thank you for sharing!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #925
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hi KOOK and others! Well it looks my stay at the WL is getting moved up from Feb to Oct and I need some quick advice

I am going to book wood view bunk beds, I think I remember being told to book north wing with the chance of maybe being able to see the fireworks from our room, which who knows if we would really be in our room for anyway. So with that said, what should I be requesting? I know I do not want an enclosed balcony.

Also thinking of changing our Cape May ADR to TE since we obviously wont be at the YC Any thoughts on which is better at TE, lunch or dinner?

Always changing something

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #926
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't AYCE milkshakes just scream "Hey, don't judge me, I'm on vacation!"

Next time, try ordering just the milkshake with a nice bowl of cheddar cheese soup

I can't ever seem to drink the WCC ones with a straw, so 'to-go' for me could be one messy proposition.

I hope those guests next to you ordered one anyway - it's vacation!

Hoop-Dee-Doo - FW
Trail's End - FW
Flame Tree BBQ - AK

Did I miss some others?
I second the Flame Tree suggestion for BBQ!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #927
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Stuck on couch after surgery for next few days so im reading both the threads all the way through. Makes waiting for May WL trip a little fun. We must all really love the lodge. Geez is there anything we here on the DIS dont know about it. I am so prepared that im bored......

Now if i had a translater for reading text to voice....id be all set. My eyes hurt....lol

Guess thedis podcasts will have to suffice.....smartphone gotta love em

Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #928
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
For a counter service, you can get Chicken/Ribs Combo at Cosmic Rays for dinner, very good and a lot of food for the value!!!!!!
It is a good value (when that line is open - they close it earlier than the other lines) AND you get Sonny Eclipse, his cute dangling feet and his Vegas-style singing

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi KOOK and others! Well it looks my stay at the WL is getting moved up from Feb to Oct and I need some quick advice

I am going to book wood view bunk beds, I think I remember being told to book north wing with the chance of maybe being able to see the fireworks from our room, which who knows if we would really be in our room for anyway. So with that said, what should I be requesting? I know I do not want an enclosed balcony.

Also thinking of changing our Cape May ADR to TE since we obviously wont be at the YC Any thoughts on which is better at TE, lunch or dinner?

Always changing something

There are no enclosed balcony railings on the 5th floor and below, there are some on the 6th and all of the 7th. If you don't care whether you see Wishes, then you can just request a room on the 5th floor or below and not specify a wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
Stuck on couch after surgery for next few days so im reading both the threads all the way through. Makes waiting for May WL trip a little fun. We must all really love the lodge. Geez is there anything we here on the DIS dont know about it. I am so prepared that im bored......

Now if i had a translater for reading text to voice....id be all set. My eyes hurt....lol

Guess thedis podcasts will have to suffice.....smartphone gotta love em
Oh, no! You need some fresh batteries in your remote and a fully-charged phone (and some snacks wouldn't hurt)

Hope you recover quickly and do I need to post a WL/DIS test for you to take so you don't get bored?

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 09-21-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #929
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
That is really neat, what a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing! Now I have to start playing with the iOS 6 functionality some more. The first thing I did with it was look at WL from Bay Lake with the 3D map feature.

I assume you were able to download it over the WL WiFi. That is pretty neat in itself.
Thanks and you're welcome! Yes I did download the new firmware update for both the iPhone and my iPad over the WL wifi and that is exactly what I thought as I was doing it. I haven't played around with the new 3D map yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Awesome use of the new panoramic function!! Thank you for sharing!!
Thanks and you're welcome! It works great! I am going to take some more panoramic shots around the Lodge when I get a chance.

JD
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #930
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love this place!

JD
LOVE this!

Now I'm torn about updating my iPhone. With luck, they'll have the maps feature fixed between now and January.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: