Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Sorry to bump this thread back up, but I have a question. It says that the kids get to participate in the parade when you do this.. did anyone's kid here do it? Do we have a way of finding out when that parade will be? I have my kids reserved to do the pirate for my son and the mermaid for my daughter on the 10th of December.... and THOUGHT I would want to do this on our CRT day.. what do you guys think? I'm torn between how cool it looks, but also not particularly "princessy." Know what I mean?
We're doing the mermaid makeover on our CRT day - mostly because my DD wants to meet Ariel when she's done up as a mermaid. It will make CRT more special IMO....even if it's not precisely "princessy"
Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #32
agmmbolam426
Mouseketeer

My DD and DS both did the pirates league last year and they absolutely loved it! It was 100% worth it! When we were there last September they said that they didnt have the mermaid package anymore. They said it was out around the release of the new pirates of the caribbean movie came out. That may have changed since then but im not sure. DS did the pirate princess though and loved it. Check out my post trip report i have a whole section about the pirates league with tons of pics!

Dont forget to make reservations
agmmbolam426 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #33
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmmbolam426 View Post
My DD and DS both did the pirates league last year and they absolutely loved it! It was 100% worth it! When we were there last September they said that they didnt have the mermaid package anymore. They said it was out around the release of the new pirates of the caribbean movie came out. That may have changed since then but im not sure. DS did the pirate princess though and loved it. Check out my post trip report i have a whole section about the pirates league with tons of pics!

Dont forget to make reservations
They introduced a new mermaid package at PL eariler this year and it is sticking around for good this time.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #34
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
They introduced a new mermaid package at PL eariler this year and it is sticking around for good this time.
For $10 more without the free mini-pack of Pirate nailpolish.

I really felt the first price was more reasonable - especially since the Mermaid doesn't get the chance to go to the secret room, etc

Oh well - my DD really wants this as she's just not interested in being a pirate but feeling like Ariel - she's thrilled!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #35
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
For $10 more without the free mini-pack of Pirate nailpolish.

I really felt the first price was more reasonable - especially since the Mermaid doesn't get the chance to go to the secret room, etc

Oh well - my DD really wants this as she's just not interested in being a pirate but feeling like Ariel - she's thrilled!
The old mermaid package came with decorative bobby pins. This new package comes with a color-changing flower clip and a color-changing necklace, so I think that is why the price went up.

If by "secret room" you mean the place where they take pictures at the end, the mermaids do get to go in there.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
bender726
Mouseketeer

The mermaid package is AMAZING!! My friend's daughter (13) had the mermaid makeover and looked absolutely stunning!!! It is really a wonderful addition!

bender726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #37
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

I just have to post a follow up. My DD got her makeover and she loved it. (I did kick myself later for letting it slip during the trip that it wasn't an Ariel makeover - but a Pirates makeover - she wasn't QUITE as thrilled as before she knew.)

The CMs were very sweet. It took a long time though - waited about half an hour past our ressie time even though we made it there on time. Had a 9:20am appt and were in there until 10:15am. I added a tiara from home and it ended up looking nice and worked with the flower hairclip (we were prepared to pack away the tiara if it didn't look good). One CM walking by saw my DD's Ariel doll and said that the doll had to match - so went and got a tiara sticker and a flower sticker - and stuck them on the doll!!

My DD felt so special all day long. We went to CRT after and she had the bright idea to get all the Princesses to sign her Pirates League sash (we skipped autopgraph books this trip).

Even in the August heat - the makeup stayed put ALLLLL day long, into 2am EMH! We had gone back to the room for an afternoon break and I prepped a cool bath for her and made her dip in. Not hot water because that's too humid. And she had to be super careful not to get her face wet. But she dipped for 20 secs and came up at least refreshed.

The flower clip and necklace were very cute. I ended up feeling like it was worth it. It was just like the $15 necklace from Del Sol and changed colors instantly. This was our first experience with this type of color changing accessories (I'm used to the ones that take forever to change) so we were pretty impressed.

They only did one coat of nailpolish. By the time we went back for afternoon break, they chipped (my DD is hard on her nailpolish!). So I removed it and reapplied, this time using base coat, 2 coats of polish, and top coat. They lasted a week

We also got the little pkg of makeup in a small velvet bag. My DD reapplied her lip gloss a couple of times. It was just cheap makeup though - not the kind they use on their face. I think it's floating in my house somewhere as I don't allow DD to wear makeup yet.

I also almost did the DTech Me princess doll for my DD (actually had an appt!) but cancelled it after taking DD to see it and she said it wasn't worth it to her. She was contented with an Ariel doll and didn't care that much that the DTech Me would look like her. Glad I showed it to her! I made the appt as a surprise and had to maneuver to show her the display at World of Disney because I wanted to see her reaction.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
Yoshiandi
Just working for my next Disney fix..

We did this!! Lots of fun for everyone

Yoshiandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #39
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I found this post! I was wondering what the Mermaid package was because we have a ressie for DD next month and she was wondering what it looked like. We LOVE it! Your DD's are adorable!!!! TFS those of you who posted pictures!!!!!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks at Thanksgiving!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #40
Boadicea
Earning My Ears

My DD had the mermaid makeover and I do want to mention that it looks MUCH better in person than in any photograph. The inperson effect is gorgeous--is very princess-y and dewy. It doesn't look heavy or like a mask as it does in some images.
Boadicea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: