Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
momof3girls6712
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bronson, FL
Posts: 543

Anyone else having trouble buying HHN tix

I bought our tickets a few days ago and had no problem with logging in as a annual pass holder. Tonight, I am trying to buy 2 more tickets for the people who are going with us and I can't seem to get it to work. I enter my AP info and nothing loads. I have tried it on 2 different computers and my Ipad.....Any suggestions?
__________________
Jan 2005 - POP
Aug 2007 - POR
Jan 2008- ASMo
May 2 2008 - Quick day trip to Epcot
MAY 11 - 15 2008 - POR + DxDDP
Feb 26 - March 1 2010- POR + DxDDP
Feb 10-Feb 14 2011 - 1st Universal trip and 1st staying at Bonnet Creek
momof3girls6712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,322
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls6712 View Post
I bought our tickets a few days ago and had no problem with logging in as a annual pass holder. Tonight, I am trying to buy 2 more tickets for the people who are going with us and I can't seem to get it to work. I enter my AP info and nothing loads. I have tried it on 2 different computers and my Ipad.....Any suggestions?
If you can't get the website to work, I would suggest calling in the morning and buying the tickets over the phone...or just wait until you arrive to purchase.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,766

mom6712, some homies have trouble with the password to enter the site and buy tickets.

i am one of them.

as long as i have had the ap, i still have problems entering the site and buying tickets.

like Metro West stated, call them in the morning.
you can buy your tickets over the phone.


that is what i had to do in order to buy my hhn tickets this year.
had to call them...
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,241

I'm going to HHN on 10/20,I haven't done a peak night in like a dozen years but the people I'm going with can only go on this date.I have a preferred AP and I see that my best price is $66.99 which is the same price they get in with the Coke Florida resident discount.My question is if they buy their HHN tickets in advance online and then the day of the event they get tickets only for IOA is there a way they can access the Stay and Scream area or go in early from another holding area at IOA or will they have to exit IOA and wait outside the front gates with the mob.
__________________
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,322
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I'm going to HHN on 10/20,I haven't done a peak night in like a dozen years but the people I'm going with can only go on this date.I have a preferred AP and I see that my best price is $66.99 which is the same price they get in with the Coke Florida resident discount.My question is if they buy their HHN tickets in advance online and then the day of the event they get tickets only for IOA is there a way they can access the Stay and Scream area or go in early from another holding area at IOA or will they have to exit IOA and wait outside the front gates with the mob.
They would have to be in the Studios prior to closing to access the S & S area. Otherwise...they would wait outside with the general public.

I wanted to add that IOA has a special entrance into the Studios for HHN but they would not get in any earlier. They would be allowed to enter at 6:30pm but they wouldn't have to wait in the huge Studios line. I didn't know this entrance was still being used. It used to be the S & S area years ago but they stopped using that area a few years ago.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****

Last edited by Metro West; 09-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I'm going to HHN on 10/20,I haven't done a peak night in like a dozen years but the people I'm going with can only go on this date.I have a preferred AP and I see that my best price is $66.99 which is the same price they get in with the Coke Florida resident discount.My question is if they buy their HHN tickets in advance online and then the day of the event they get tickets only for IOA is there a way they can access the Stay and Scream area or go in early from another holding area at IOA or will they have to exit IOA and wait outside the front gates with the mob.
if they are floridian residents, they can buy the special $20 ticket and be let into the studios at 3:00 that day.

then go to the sNs holding area at 5:00 to wait for the release to start hhn.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,241

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
if they are floridian residents, they can buy the special $20 ticket and be let into the studios at 3:00 that day.

then go to the sNs holding area at 5:00 to wait for the release to start hhn.
Yes they're Florida residents,what is this ticket called,is it just an add on to the HHN ticket?Is this something they would have to buy ahead of time or can they buy their HHN tickets online and then that day just buy that add on.
__________________
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
momof3girls6712
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bronson, FL
Posts: 543

Thanks for the responses everyone. I called and waited on hold for about 30 minutes. Of course by the time the operator answered me the website started working. I am just glad I was able to get our friends tickets!
__________________
Jan 2005 - POP
Aug 2007 - POR
Jan 2008- ASMo
May 2 2008 - Quick day trip to Epcot
MAY 11 - 15 2008 - POR + DxDDP
Feb 26 - March 1 2010- POR + DxDDP
Feb 10-Feb 14 2011 - 1st Universal trip and 1st staying at Bonnet Creek
momof3girls6712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,322
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
Yes they're Florida residents,what is this ticket called,is it just an add on to the HHN ticket?Is this something they would have to buy ahead of time or can they buy their HHN tickets online and then that day just buy that add on.
The $19.99 ticket is called the Scream Early ticket and they can purchase them ahead of time or they can do it that day. They would have to choose the print at home option since it usually takes 24 hours to process the ticket request.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,766

Metro West, i have read on other boards that the scream early is being bought by non Fl residence.

that was news to me.......



do you know anything about this?


Uo has sold this type of ticket in the past years, just didn't advertise it much.
since i have the AP, i never needed to look into it.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,322
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
Metro West, i have read on other boards that the scream early is being bought by non Fl residence.

that was news to me.......



do you know anything about this?


Uo has sold this type of ticket in the past years, just didn't advertise it much.
since i have the AP, i never needed to look into it.
There seems to be some confusion about this ticket and it's history. I asked three TMs last night if they'd heard of it and they had no idea what I was talking about...let alone if it's only for FL residents. No one seems to know. I asked Phamton if she'd heard of it and if it's been around a few years and got the same answer...no. As far as the website is concerned, it's only available online to FL residents...I don't know anything else.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
momof3girls6712
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bronson, FL
Posts: 543

Quick question -

We rsvp for the annual passholders early entrance at 5pm. What time should we get to the park? I am thinking around 4pm. Also when I rsvp'd it said we could each bring 1 guest. We have friends going that bought a HHN ticket, but they don't have day tickets so when will they be able to go in the park?
__________________
Jan 2005 - POP
Aug 2007 - POR
Jan 2008- ASMo
May 2 2008 - Quick day trip to Epcot
MAY 11 - 15 2008 - POR + DxDDP
Feb 26 - March 1 2010- POR + DxDDP
Feb 10-Feb 14 2011 - 1st Universal trip and 1st staying at Bonnet Creek
momof3girls6712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,322
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls6712 View Post
Quick question -

We rsvp for the annual passholders early entrance at 5pm. What time should we get to the park? I am thinking around 4pm. Also when I rsvp'd it said we could each bring 1 guest. We have friends going that bought a HHN ticket, but they don't have day tickets so when will they be able to go in the park?
If they are your guests, you would all enter at 5pm. You should probably be with them just in case something comes up.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.