Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #61
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Nighttime Sweets and Sillies

Meanwhile…back at the Contemporary…

It was about 8:30 in the pm when we arrived back from the Magic Kingdom. Desserts are out from 8-10, so the lounge was our first stop!

The Main Desserts. Here we have (from outside to inside): strawberry shortcake shooters, red velvet cake, and rice krispie treats. Also…

COOKIES! Oatmeal raisin, sugar, and WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHIP. Usually the concierge cookies, while very tasty, are pretty much the same in every concierge lounge around property. But I have *never* seen whole wheat chocolate chip cookies before, and they were SO DELICIOUS.

Apple slices and caramel…a concierge lounge “healthy” dessert staple.

More PB&J materials.

My plate. The red velvet cake was really nice, and the strawberry shortcake shooters were especially delicious - so light and refreshing. I was afraid the cake would be soggy, but it wasn’t – the whipped cream was real and there was just the right amount of fruity freshness too!

I had my ice water and lemon in a highball glass. Just to be cool.

Close-up of the amazing SSS.

I loved how the chocolate square on the red velvet said “Contemporary Contemporary Contemporary!”

Overall, I would say the dessert at the Contemporary was quite nice. It wasn’t a really large selection, and I really would’ve like more chocolate, but there were some very tasty treats. Plus you get to eat your desserts while staring out dreamily at this…

SO MAGICAL.

It’s so fun to watch the MK from the Contemporary, because there is so much activity – monorails gliding hither and thither, crowds entering and leaving the turnstiles, busses constantly coming and going like bees buzzing around the hive!

Do you see the hidden watch??

We ate our desserts in the lounge and then went back to enjoy the room!

Our room had a Bay Lake view, which I loved – you get the castle view in the lounge, so it was very cool to get the other view from our room. Aramis was sitting on the balcony at 9pm and said he could see Illuminations going off!

We also got a DOUBLE dose of the Electrical Water Pageant – we could see it performing for the Wilderness Lodge at 9:30 and then again right off the Contemporary docks after Wishes!

But now for a few room photos…

Bathroom! Those lighted mirrors definitely make you feel like a star, and the sinks look so cool. (although it must be admitted that their funky tray shape means that they don’t drain very well)

The super nice shower…it was like a gentle rain…lol.

It’s such a swanky room…

A large part of the swankiness comes from these awesome glowing tiles under the tv. They were definitely contemporary, but so soft and pretty too! We left them on all night.

I absolutely loved our room, but there was no way I was missing Wishes. At 10, Mom and I went back to the lounge and stood out on one of the balconies to watch it – they piped the music in which was really nice!

I have WAY more blurry photos of Wishes than I could ever need, and yet somehow, every time I watch it, I always feel like I need to take more photos, to capture those pretty sparkling showers of pixie dust! This time I tried not to be too much of a shutter bug and mostly just enjoyed the show.

We got back to the room just in time to watch the Electrical Water Pageant for a second time. This time I DID put my camera away – Dart and I went out on the balcony and were totally cutting a rug, dancing along to the music.

DANCE!

I’m pretty sure this was doing the robot. The crocodile music from the EWP is good robot music!

When it came time for the Stars and Stripes, Mom and Athos came out onto the balcony with us and we were all singing along with our best renditions of “Yankee Doodle” and “America the Beautiful.” After that last “dun du DUN!” when the barges went dark, we cheered absolutely WILDLY. I bet the guys that run the barges have never gotten such an enthusiastic balcony ovation before – LOL.

We were still feeling giddy from all that first-day, just-the-beginning-of-disney-vacation magic, so we stayed out on the balcony people watching. There was a movie going on down on the lawn, and we could actually hear it and see it a little – I think it was National Treasure. A group of life guards were heading into the Contemporary, clearly at the end of their shift, so we decided to yell “Good Night Life Guards!”

They seemed pretty far away from the twelth floor, but much to our surprise and delight, they immediately heard us and spotted us and waved enthusiastically. We thought this was hilariously funny.

Yeah. We were definitely giddy.

But I bet we added a little pixie dust to life guards’ night! All the other balconies stayed resolutely silent, so hopefully we didn’t wake anybody else up. But really, what business do you have sleeping when the Electrical Water Pageant is going on outside your window?? jk.

Mom and Aramis had to run and get something from his apartment, so Dart, Athos, and I settled down to the surprisingly difficult task of getting to sleep. Dart and I swathed ourselves in the bathrobes in the closet – another very small but very fun club amenity is that they have robes in the closet for you to use. Whenever I’m wearing a bathrobe, I feel like I’m staying somewhere fancy!

Jammies were on, teeth were brushed, lights off (except for that cool square under the tv), but still we felt far too goofy to go to bed. It was like that commercial where the kids and the parents can’t sleep cause they’re going to Disney the next day, only we were AT Disney and we were still that excited.

The next day we were doing the Pirates League at the MK, and that was all Dart and I could think of. We started trying to think of what our pirate names might be. Athos suggested “Fat Trout.” We threw pillows at him.

When Mom got back we tried to pretend to be asleep, but it didn’t work very well. After a little more silliness, we finally drifted off to sleep – with visions of pirates and mermaids dancing in our heads!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 09-20-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #62
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

oh.my.word. You are making me miss our beloved CR this trip!!!! I love it there~ And what's better than a pink castle?!!! or the lights at night by the Train Station and entrance!!!! Love the Hidden Mickey Watch!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #63
Oscar5933
Earning My Ears

Smile Yippee! A new trip report

I've have followed your trip reports since your very first one. They are my favorite ones to read. I also love your blog, sad to see you leave Florida but I am glad that it is because you will get to pursue writing.

Can't wait to read this new report!

-jennifer
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #64
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh.my.gosh- those rooms look so awesome and I LOVE the glowing tiles under the TV! I am soooo looking forward to seeing the EWP from our balcony, how awesome that you could hear the music too!

What a super-fun, exciting day! I'd be giddy right there with you!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #65
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Wow!

An epic trip, an epic TR, and epic writing. Love the "resolute silence" of the balconies. You are a great writer!!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #66
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ohhhh, your pictures from the Contemporary are making me so excited for my trip next April when I get to stay at Bay Lake Tower! That must be so neat being able to look outside and see all the activity surrounding the MK and Wishes. Great update!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #67
MEK
DIS Veteran

I looked at all the dessert pictures this morning and all I can say is.......YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your room is so cool and that lighting is really neat.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #68
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
oh.my.word. You are making me miss our beloved CR this trip!!!! I love it there~ And what's better than a pink castle?!!! or the lights at night by the Train Station and entrance!!!! Love the Hidden Mickey Watch!!!!
I know, I'm missing the Contemporary just writing about it! And you are so right - there's nothing cuter than a PINK castle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar5933 View Post
I've have followed your trip reports since your very first one. They are my favorite ones to read. I also love your blog, sad to see you leave Florida but I am glad that it is because you will get to pursue writing.

Can't wait to read this new report!

-jennifer
Awww, thank you so much Jennifer!! Glad to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh.my.gosh- those rooms look so awesome and I LOVE the glowing tiles under the TV! I am soooo looking forward to seeing the EWP from our balcony, how awesome that you could hear the music too!

What a super-fun, exciting day! I'd be giddy right there with you!
The glowing tiles were one of my favorite parts of the room; they added a little extra pixie dust after dark! And EWP from a Contemporary balcony is the best - you're going to love it!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #69
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
An epic trip, an epic TR, and epic writing. Love the "resolute silence" of the balconies. You are a great writer!!
Awww, shucks - thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ohhhh, your pictures from the Contemporary are making me so excited for my trip next April when I get to stay at Bay Lake Tower! That must be so neat being able to look outside and see all the activity surrounding the MK and Wishes. Great update!
HOORAY for an upcoming Contemporary trip! April should be a nice time to go too - not too hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I looked at all the dessert pictures this morning and all I can say is.......YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your room is so cool and that lighting is really neat.
I KNOW! I had to go have some chocolate chips while I was uploading those pics because they made me so hungry for some sweets!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #70
Merida
DIS Veteran

I've never seen (or heard of!) that watch before. Is it supposed to be.. something? It just seems really random!

Desserts + fireworks + no crowds is possibly the best way to watch Wishes. AND you can see the Electric Water Pageant after! I've only seen parts of it from the monorail; it's not very big and impressive but I'm glad they still run it. It's so adorable.

Those glowing TV tiles are neat! When we were staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I left the LED fireworks on the headboard on all night. I love those extra Disney touches.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #71
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

What a great room! Lots of "cool" stuff.

Those desserts looked yummy - I bet the cookies were soft and chewy. At least they are in my head.

We'll be at WDW in less than 3 weeks! I am hoping to take a page out of your book and just go with the flow and have a great time!!

It was really cool that you sang with EWP and made the life guards' night!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #72
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge for birds. BAHAHAH.

Following the monorail tracks is the best.

Those desserts look delicious! Although I think I'd agree- MORE CHOCOLATE!

I totally agree, the Contemporary is so magical! It practically IS the Magic Kingdom. I don't care what anyone says.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #73
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

OH. MY. Word!!!!! Those desserts. Yummy! I had to go get a bowl of ice cream after looking at those pics. I do agree.....there could have been more chocolate, but dessert is dessert. :D

How wonderful to not have to fight the crowds to see Wishes and the Water pageant. Wow! What amazing views. You lucky, lucky girl!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #74
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

The strawberry shortcake was my favorite, too!

You know I love balcony dance parties! Woohoo!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #75
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Joining in. Luvin all the updates and you're posting pics of you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: