DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan2kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 934

Purchasing Resale - What's it mean to our original contract?

If I were to purchase resale (TTS/etc) - what factors do I need to keep in mind to make the points "easiest" to use? Meaning, if I currently own SSR with a December use year - Do I need to keep the Dec use year in order to combine new points under my current contract? (I'd prefer to not have to worry about 2 banking deadlines/etc.) OR - if I'm resale can they not combine my contracts anyway? I don't want to get into a situation where I make a ressie and I only have (for example) 9 pts left on one contract and have to book continuous days using the 2nd contract. Does that make sense?

We love SSR, and won't mind more points there if it means making our contract easier to manage bc we can combine them. BUT if we will have to eventually manage 2 contracts anyway b/c of resale...then I might consider an OKW contract (with same use year) b/c of our love for the size of teh 1BR there. But if we do OKW...doesn't it make the managing of 2 contracts a nightmare (ie. book 11m out for OKW, and then wait until 7m out to book remaining days using SSR contract points?)

So confused.... any help is appreciated!
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DS(8) PeePee Daisy

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

If it were me, I would stick with the same use year, just for the ease of combining points at 7 months. As long as the second contract is deeded the same exact way the first contract is, they should be able to give it the same contract number with a different last couple of digits, making it a "slave" to your original "master" contract.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,349

Keep the same UY, titled the same, you can use your OKW points at OKW at 11 months or your SSR points at SSR at 11 months. You can combine both contracts at 7 months and book anywhere.

We own at 5 resorts to guarantee our 11 month availability.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan2kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 934

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Keep the same UY, titled the same, you can use your OKW points at OKW at 11 months or your SSR points at SSR at 11 months. You can combine both contracts at 7 months and book anywhere.

We own at 5 resorts to guarantee our 11 month availability.

Bill
Great! 2 Questions:
1.) What do you mean by "titled the same"?
2.) I only have 150 SSR points...and would be considering purchasing another small-ish OKW contract. Now that we've decide we really only want 1br's in future...neither of these contracts would be large enough to consistenly book a full week at either resort...so, wouldn't we be "stuck" booking only the # of days that the contracted points allow... and then hoping at 7m that we can extend that vacation using other home resort points? Am I thinking correctly?
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DS(8) PeePee Daisy

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,732

"Titled the same" just means that the names of the owners for each of the different contract have the same names and spellings on them. When they are the same, then contracts with the same UY will appear under the same membership.

Each contract you buy will have a unique contract number. Each UY you own will be under a unquie membership number. All contracts under the same membership will have a contract number that just increases by one. For example if you had 3 contracts, two in UY DEC and one in UY MAR it would look something like this

DEC: Membership: 59511110022 with Contracts: 1234567.0 and 1234567.1

MAR: Membership: 58882222333 with Contracts: 987654.0

The main difference with owning multiple resorts and different UY is the different banking deadlines for each different UY and the fact that you can't combine points at different resorts for one reservation until the 7 month mark.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
Great! 2 Questions:
1.) What do you mean by "titled the same"?
2.) I only have 150 SSR points...and would be considering purchasing another small-ish OKW contract. Now that we've decide we really only want 1br's in future...neither of these contracts would be large enough to consistenly book a full week at either resort...so, wouldn't we be "stuck" booking only the # of days that the contracted points allow... and then hoping at 7m that we can extend that vacation using other home resort points? Am I thinking correctly?
You have a title deed on your SSR contract, the OKW has to have the same names matching the SSR contract to keep Disney from giving you a second separate membership.

You bank and borrow to double or triple your available points. One year at OKW, the next at SSR.

Your case is a little different because both SSR and OKW usually have availability at 7 months so home resort priority isn't as much of a factor.

I suggest that you hold off on OKW, use your SSR points at 7 months to stay at all of the WDW resorts. In a few short years you might find out that you like a different resort better and you might need to buy there to get a reservation at 11 months.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan2kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 934

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
You have a title deed on your SSR contract, the OKW has to have the same names matching the SSR contract to keep Disney from giving you a second separate membership.

You bank and borrow to double or triple your available points. One year at OKW, the next at SSR.

Your case is a little different because both SSR and OKW usually have availability at 7 months so home resort priority isn't as much of a factor.

I suggest that you hold off on OKW, use your SSR points at 7 months to stay at all of the WDW resorts. In a few short years you might find out that you like a different resort better and you might need to buy there to get a reservation at 11 months.

Bill
OH! That makes sense now that you said Banking/Borrowing every other year! I think that means I may consider OKW...with a Dec use year then :-)

We've stayed at SSR, OKW, VWL, BWV... all with 7m notice. I still am partial to SSR/OKW though. Never stayed at BLT (just not my thing wouldnt' even try there at 7m. We really don't like AKV at all (resort is nice enough...just again, not somewhere we'd choose to stay.) HAven't done BCV, and would like to one day - have to try that pool eventually. Otherwise, I'm comfortable trying to get the others at 7m. We're flexible - travel at slow times - and have always gotten our waitlist when we wanted it. Thanks for the advice!
__________________
Me DH DS(11) DS(8) PeePee Daisy

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
BillPA
DIS Veteran
 
BillPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: West Chester, Pa
Posts: 1,789

Just a few thoughts to keep in mind:

OKW expires in 2042 (a limited amount of extended contracts expire in 2057) SSR will expire in 2054. You may enjoy the extra 12 years some day. Also SSR dues are lower, $4.74 vs. $5.21 You may need a 2BR or a Grand Villa in the future, having all the points at the same resort may make it easier to book the larger units.

Good luck deciding, you can't go wrong with either.
__________________
Bill
DVC Member OKW '93 BCV '02 VWL '04

BillPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.