Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #406
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Nice score on Buzz! I'm so proud.

Awesome that your mom got picked. I want to get picked so badly. I'm easily amused.
My dad was glad he was not picked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Thanks so much for the mini review of AOA. It's on my list of resorts my kids want to stay at.
No Problem!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Megan, thanks so much for the AoA review.

Also, I had not thought of doing Dumbo this trip, but I think I'm going to have to!

I can't believe we'll be packing the truck to leave in 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Wow, HDDR looks like a lot of fun, have to keep that one in mind!

for making the morning show at MK!! I'm so glad I made a point of doing that in November. I love the water under the new Dumbo, funny that such a "minor" change can make the ride look so different.

Thanks for the review of AoA, the pictures I have seen look amazing but its always nice to have one more person's confirmation that it really is that cool
No problem!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad you enjoyed the preview of Art of Animation! All of the pictures I've seen look amazing (especially the Nemo stuff, but I have a feeling the Cars section is going to be cool too). My dad and sister are going down in a few days and I told Emma she should go see what it's like there. Even though we're in DVC I really want to stay there! LOL.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #407
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Summer Plans

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!!

Sorry once again for the delay in my TR but I figured since life isn't crazy for 5 minutes I would post on what's going on in my world!

I'm wrapping up my last week of school (teacher work week) and will be starting my training at Disney on Saturday. I'm scheduled for 45 hours next week Not sure how I feel about it but the money will be good as I owe my mom a little bit, I have some visitors coming throughout the summer, and I still need a little money to cover gas and groceries till I get my first teaching paycheck on Sept 5th.

Thankfully (as of now) WDW is able to work with my teacher training classes for 4 weeks and I've submitted my availability to them and it was approved

I'll be moving to a new Apt the end of June and it will be 10 mins further but I'll be saving money throughout the year which is always good!!

With all that being said, my postings will be more sporadic than usual..sorry in advance!!! The good news is that I'll be going home to Cincinnati for 2.5 weeks the end of July-Aug so I'll have plenty of time to post about how the summer at WDW went, all my resort stays, and restaurant reviews.

I'm planning on staying at the following resorts throughout the summer (They are subject to change of course!!!)

June: POP and Art of Animation ( YES!)
July: POP and Boardwalk Villas (My first time at BWV!!!)

I'm planning on seeing 4th of July fireworks and many other things are planned!!

One final note, we got word yesterday that an 8 yr old boy from my class lost his battle with cancer and passed away yesterday afternoon. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as well as the teachers at my school. He only came to school less than 10 times throughout the year because of his failing health but many of the other teachers/staff have known him/family since he was three. Thanks in advance!!!!

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK!! I'll be back at some point to update on how training goes!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #408
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I know you are busy this summer, but I hope you hurry back!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #409
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I know you are busy this summer, but I hope you hurry back!
I know, I'm so sorry! Most likely I won't be back in full force till at least I'm done moving or when my class is over the first of July! Thanks for sticking with me At least there's facebook for now haha

Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #410
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Hey Megan

Hope you're having a good summer so far! Enjoy your trip home Good visits and (hopefully) some relaxation!

Any cruise plans yet??

Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #411
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

No Ticker Needed

Hi Megan, just checking in to see how you are enjoying your summer. I hope things are going great for you. I'll be checking back in from time to time, and will send you a note if I haven't seen a recent post.

Blessings and

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #412
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Now It's Time To Say Goodbye...

HI DIS FRIENDS!!!!

I just wanted to take time out of my super busy schedule to say that I will be wrapping up this year long review.

My summer was crazy insane!! I took a class for my job, while working at WDW (DHS Sunset Ranch), and having friends/family in town for 7 weeks!

After class and work, I went home for 2.5 weeks.

I also found my "prince charming" this summer and we met from Disboards!!!!! He visited in July before going on a cruise and then while on the cruise decided to change his flights (thanks southwest!) and stay an extra day after the cruise leading me to drive to Ft. Lauderdale to get him, back to Orlando, and to Jax the next day so he could fly home! If that's not love, I don't know what is!??

Overall this summer I stayed at the following resorts:

-POP
-Coronado Springs
-Wilderness Lodge
-Beach Club
-Boardwalk (not a fan!!)
-POP again
-POFQ

Told you I was busy!!!!!

Now that school is back in session I'm doing that 5 days a week and working at WDW on Saturdays, planning trips to and from Nashville where DBF lives and working on stuff for my class which will continue next summer all while trying to figure out how to use a Mac Book Pro since my PC died 4 days after class began.

Upcoming WDW Stays...

-Oct (my bff, her hubby, and DD baby + DBF and I) will be staying 1 night in 2 Savanna Deluxe Studios at AKL (using DBFF's DVC Points) and 4 nights Preferred Rooms at POP (hopefully/maybe a CSR upgrade hehe) with discount DDP and 60% off CM rate.

-Nov (mom, dad, bro + I) 4 nights at YC with hopefully discount dining if that opens up for CM discount but right now it's a room only 50% off.

So sorry I don't have the time to continue this. Please Please Please feel free to PM me for FB info if you'd like to follow my life on FB...if you already aren't friends with me yet but I'm sad to say life is a tad boring right now!!!
I haven't been to a park to play since JULY 14!!!!

Thank you so much for following along for a year and I hope you enjoyed it!! Maybe when life gets not so busy I'll start another one....

ALL MY LOVE,

~Megan

Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #413
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Hi Megan,

Thanks for stopping by and providing an update. Congrats on so many things going well in your life right now that's all terrific news and very good reasons indeed to be away from the disboards!

I'll PM you about FB.

Take care and enjoy your upcoming adventures!
Lara
Old 09-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #414
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

You are super busy!
I'm so excited to hear that you've met your Prince Charming from the Dis!!!
Hopefully we'll see a TR that includes him soon!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: