Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #2416
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Pineapple does make everything better.
Then what would bacon-wrapped pineapple do?
DIS Dad #400

Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #2417
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I'm not one to write about DW in a negative way but I have to get this out there... maybe it will make me feel better. I'm hoping that putting it in a spot where it will be buried where it will never be seen by said wife will help me in the long run.

My DW cannot keep things in one spot. She constantly moves things around. From what is in the cabinets, to drawers, to the tooth paste & tooth brushes, to her coffee pot, to my dresser drawers, to where she puts the sponge, moving nicknacks, changing out pictures on the walls, moving what is in the vanity, etc. It might seem like nothing to you but it annoys me.

She can't leave well enough alone. I painted the whole interior of our house by myself. She always says she will help then she is nowhere to be found. Now she wants the kitchen, living room, and hallway repainted. It looks totally fine. I can't take it and I want to scream. I told her to go buy the paint then I'll start. Hopefully that buys me some time.

Sorry for the mini rant but I had to tell someone. It kinda seems petty now that I've typed it out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #2418
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
You get to commit every weekend from April through July to baseball and drive all over the northeast. Weekend games are 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. They have already started the twice a week workouts for the offseason. We get to use batting cages and the full field when available. Uniforms, cleats, bags and helmets. I think that is about it. The thing is that as much as I like to complain, DS does great in school and really does earn the right to play. He loves baseball and it is very competitive in our area to make the HS team so that has been our goal.

I know at some point I'll look back and miss all of this.

Does that cover your son's cost of travel, things like hotel and food?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #2419
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

Pineapple does make everything better.

That sounds like the cure to all ills to me.

Yeah, I'd say that relationship is in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike
Understand the situation that's keeping you away from the world, but I like being there to experience family members first drink of beverly. The shudder which inevitably follows most first drinks makes me laugh.

We ate there last week and they still had other items on the menu besides the skillet.
Still no hate messages yet so either she hasn't had it yet or she kicked me to the curb and isn't going to tell me haha
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #2420
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm not one to write about DW in a negative way but I have to get this out there... maybe it will make me feel better. I'm hoping that putting it in a spot where it will be buried where it will never be seen by said wife will help me in the long run.

My DW cannot keep things in one spot. She constantly moves things around. From what is in the cabinets, to drawers, to the tooth paste & tooth brushes, to her coffee pot, to my dresser drawers, to where she puts the sponge, moving nicknacks, changing out pictures on the walls, moving what is in the vanity, etc. It might seem like nothing to you but it annoys me.

She can't leave well enough alone. I painted the whole interior of our house by myself. She always says she will help then she is nowhere to be found. Now she wants the kitchen, living room, and hallway repainted. It looks totally fine. I can't take it and I want to scream. I told her to go buy the paint then I'll start. Hopefully that buys me some time.

Sorry for the mini rant but I had to tell someone. It kinda seems petty now that I've typed it out.
You just described my DW.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #2421
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice

So you married my sister-in-law.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #2422
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Man Law!

(Maybe we should change Pineapple to Dole Whip)
Seconded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
time travel...
The dark chocolate covered pineapple picture posted previously looked practically perfect.

Quote:

I completely understand. What frustrates me is when DW wants to paint to change the look of a room but doesn't want to change it too much. If I'm gonna spend the weekend painting, rooms are going from off-white to blue or something, not from off-white to antique white. If we leave the paint up long enough, the off-white will become antique white.

We all have our idiosyncrasies, to paraphrase Sleepless and Seattle (yes, I realize my man card was just revoked) Love is just two neurosis knowing they are a perfect match.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #2423
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You just described my DW.
So your saying I'm not alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
So you married my sister-in-law.
Possibly. Does your sister in law live in central Connecticut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I completely understand. What frustrates me is when DW wants to paint to change the look of a room but doesn't want to change it too much. If I'm gonna spend the weekend painting, rooms are going from off-white to blue or something, not from off-white to antique white. If we leave the paint up long enough, the off-white will become antique white.
I know she is going to a beige to a beige like color.

Quote:
We all have our idiosyncrasies, to paraphrase Sleepless and Seattle (yes, I realize my man card was just revoked) Love is just two neurosis knowing they are a perfect match.
That's the thing... she has the neurosis and I'm just 'normal'
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #2424
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
So your saying I'm not alone?

Possibly. Does your sister in law live in central Connecticut?

I know she is going to a beige to a beige like color.

That's the thing... she has the neurosis and I'm just 'normal'
You're not alone. My SIL isn't in Connecticut but a lot of wives seem to think they are on HGTV and want to change the house every couple of years.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #2425
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
You're not alone. My SIL isn't in Connecticut but a lot of wives seem to think they are on HGTV and want to change the house every couple of years.
If I painted/added something/took away something and it wasn't working, I have no problem changing. But moving the drying rack from one side of the sink to the other, or moving towels from one shelf to another or going from off white to an 'off-er' white is just ridiculous.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #2426
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

I feel your pain. About once every couple of years she goes through the cupboard and tosses most of the Tupperware only to replace it with half of the new catalog.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #2427
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Man Law!

(Maybe we should change Pineapple to Dole Whip)
Pineapple works better for adding to hot foods.

Quote:
It introduces a new level of Sheer Awesomeness never before seen on this earth. I actually had bacon-wrapped pineapple as an appetizer at my cousin's wedding reception. I may have cried a little.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
If I painted/added something/took away something and it wasn't working, I have no problem changing. But moving the drying rack from one side of the sink to the other, or moving towels from one shelf to another or going from off white to an 'off-er' white is just ridiculous.
Sorry, Tim. I can see where that can drive you crazy. Men only know 9 colors anyway, so we would never be able to tell the difference between shades of off-white.

I think I would just refuse unless she allows the hallway to be bright orange. Or, let Juliana and Christopher pick the colors.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #2428
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I think I would just refuse unless she allows the hallway to be bright orange. Or, let Juliana and Christopher pick the colors.
How fast do you think that painting job would get done if she said she wanted it Giants blue and red?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #2429
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
How fast do you think that painting job would get done if she said she wanted it Giants blue and red?
It would of been done by now.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #2430
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

That might just be potent enough to be declared a controlled substance.

Quote:
I get out of repainting for no good reason by pleading poverty.

If that doesn’t work then you point out that we need to pick between either this household “upgrade” and traveling (meaning Disney).
That one generally works
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: