Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #61
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie09

I'm wondering if the kids are protected from the heterosexual couples acting inappropriately. I mean I've seen some hetero couples who needed a firehose turned on them.
Somehow I doubt that she would see it. Rudeness, yelling, grabbing and hitting children, sucking face, petting, spitting, line cutting, all seen from male/female couples. But two guys holding hands is offensive. :/. I hope people like Pollyanna (still think that is the craziest name choice ever!!!) do stay away. No one needs to deal with bigotry from that "nice" heterosexual on their vacation.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #62
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

4 years ago our president was against gay marriage. 20 years ago my friends couldn't serve their God in their church. Change comes far more readily when people prove the positive rather than witch about the negative. My opinion.

Amazingly I am a homophobe on one thread and ready to lead a gay pride parade practically in another. This is like wonderland!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #63
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna Poppins View Post
I don't think questioning the behavior of certain groups who've been known to act in distasteful ways is bigotry. If they had black panther day at Disney I wouldn't go near during that week. This doesn't make me racist because I find this particular groups actions sickening. Same with Gay Days. The ones who attend do not represent all gays. You wouldn't catch me dead at a gay pride parade nor would you find me at a Chippendale show with or without my children. One of our favorite places to eat right outside the Disney gates will no longer be on our list of must do's. Our waitress who we thought was female until he asked for our order in a skirt gave my children quite a shock. He wouldn't even look us in the eye and the whole experience was very disturbing. This is not family friendly to us as these are discussions that should not be forced upon 5 year olds. The only encounter I've had with this group was in the 90's and I did see things that bothered me. I only witnessed this outside the gates but still every family should be able to make their own judgements and not be called bigots.
You were shocked and disturbed by a man in a skirt taking your order. You aren't going to go to one of your favorite restaurants anymore because you don't think a man in a skirt is "family friendly" and you don't want those discussions forced on your 5 year old. (Not quite sure what those discussions could be other than, "yes Sue, he is wearing a skirt. I don't know, maybe he just likes them")
And you don't think you should be called out on your bigotry?

Quote:
Obviously you all missed not only the point but the entire boat on my post. So should I take my children into strip clubs and teach them the culture of pimps and prostitutes. I find your posts to be the intolerant. I never put a blanket on the entire gay community as I stated in my post. I will speak my opinion about vulgarity and stick to it. I have known and worked with many gays. Some were very respectable normal people. Oriental Trading is one of my favorite stores to order from and as I learned long ago from a gay boss they are a gay owned company. I did see obscenity outside the entrance to Disney in the 90's. If you want to teach what I saw to your children go right ahead but I was raised better. I have seen pics of gay pride parades and SOME of them should be ashamed. When you're too bull headed to see the problems and correct them you can't have a helpful conversation.

I'm trying to figure out what any of this has to do with a man wearing a skirt taking your order?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #64
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmommy View Post
That being said, I don't want to see ANYONE displaying PDAs.

I so agree with the this. Some people take it a little far with their PDAs and it is ridiculous. I honestly don't remember seeing any PDA from a same sex couple even during "Gay Days".
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #65
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
Obviously you all missed not only the point but the entire boat on my post. So should I take my children into strip clubs and teach them the culture of pimps and prostitutes. I find your posts to be the intolerant. I never put a blanket on the entire gay community as I stated in my post. I will speak my opinion about vulgarity and stick to it. I have known and worked with many gays. Some were very respectable normal people. Oriental Trading is one of my favorite stores to order from and as I learned long ago from a gay boss they are a gay owned company. I did see obscenity outside the entrance to Disney in the 90's. If you want to teach what I saw to your children go right ahead but I was raised better. I have seen pics of gay pride parades and SOME of them should be ashamed. When you're too bull headed to see the problems and correct them you can't have a helpful conversation.
Trust me, nobody has missed your point.

And if this post was meant to clarify your earlier statment or show that you are not a bigot, you have sorely missed your mark. Are you actually comparing a man in a skirt taking your order in a restaurant to taking your child to a strip club? Or were you comparing telling/teaching your child about transgender/gay people to telling/teaching them about pimps and prostitutes? Or are you comparing gay family days at WDW to adult gay pride parades you've "seen" pictures of?

You are the face of bigotry in America and you are doing a disservice to your children.

I'm a middle class, white Christian wife and mother of 4. I'm teaching my children that Jesus loves everyone and asks that we judge no one. What are you teaching your child by freaking out that a man in a skirt served you a meal in a restaurant and now you can never return to that restaurant because you were so offended and uncomfortable? A little bit more tolerance and a little less judgment on your part will make this world a better place for your children and mine.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #66
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

Sounds to me like you just judged me. Where is the love for us? Tolerance is a two way street. Yours sounds like it is just one way. By the way you don't even have my story on what happened I love how so many add whatever perverse twists they choose. I think I made my point quite clear as well as all of your posts defending irresponsible behavior. Sticks and stones may break my bones..... By the way Pollyanna was a family movie based on morality, I'm sorry that confuses you as to why I would choose it.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #67
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Enough!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: