Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #1516
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
We are a multiple camera carrying family. Scott carries his DSLR & I carry the waterproof point & shoot. Sometimes, DD carries a camera also!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
This is us, Only Kevin and I switch off the carrying. Bag holds the PnS and the waterproof Pns.

Family of shutterbugs.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #1517
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Oh no doubt it can be done - but I have to imagine the quality of immersion is rather low in doing so. I have to admit I admired the podcast with the Disneyland guys that were able to hit all the domestic parks in one day. That was pretty cool.

Anyone good with geography to know if you could do all 6 parks domestically and travel the international date line and hit two parks in Tokyo for a big Disney park adventure on one date?

Quote:
My parents did all 4 parks in one day once! It can be done!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #1518
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtobe View Post
Did Chacchoben in April, was fascinating. Wished I had read something more before going.

Was thinking of Tulum if offered. Anyone else thinking of that?
Wished I had read something more before going??????

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #1519
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtobe View Post
Did Chacchoben in April, was fascinating. Wished I had read something more before going.

Was thinking of Tulum if offered. Anyone else thinking of that?
I originally planned to go to Tulum, then decided I didn't want to spend 2 hours each way to get there. Instead, I'll see the less impressive San Gervasio Ruins (in Cozumel) and the Discover Mexico Cultural Park - with some time left over for wandering around.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #1520
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

FYI - The Discover Mexico Cultural Park is something one could easily do on their own. We have not visited this attraction, but I have been in it's parking lot!

On our July cruise, we did a Segway tour that took us to that parking lot to practice and get our bearings. From the dock where we were tied up, it was maybe a 5 minute ride to the center. I have to imagine the taxi fare for thise jaunt would not be large. So, if you wanted to save some money, this would be an easy excursion to do on your own.

Again - no experience of any kind as to the quality within, but we have physically been to the site. And for what it is worth, it looks on the outside like a modern museum.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #1521
NWmom
DIS Veteran

We're doing some form of Stingray City- just not sure which one yet.

Chaccoben Ruins (with kids version)

Secret River

Anyone else on those?
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #1522
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post

Anyone good with geography to know if you could do all 6 parks domestically and travel the international date line and hit two parks in Tokyo for a big Disney park adventure on one date?
I don't think it'd be possible - you'd have to do Japan first as you'd gain time heading towards the US but don't think the flight times would work to get you into LA and then across to Florida on the same day let alone hitting theme parks as well.

I think its about a 16 hour flight from Japan to LA - I really don't think you'd want to hit a theme park after that

I am going to Tokyo Disneyland in March and I can't wait!

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1523
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Well we passed our 75 day mark! Hope everyone got excursions/palo ressies they wanted. Lots of room cats still left for our sailing as well! Now lets just hope for good weather

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #1524
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18
Lots of room cats still left for our sailing as well!
I am hoping for some Florida resident rates!!!

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #1525
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I am hoping for some Florida resident rates!!!

Will they convert your reservation to Florida resident rates & still keep it as a part of the group? I thought you had to get the group pricing to be a part of the Podcast events.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #1526
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
Well we passed our 75 day mark! Hope everyone got excursions/palo ressies they wanted. Lots of room cats still left for our sailing as well! Now lets just hope for good weather
Maybe there will be upgrades for us.

Kim

CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #1527
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
Will they convert your reservation to Florida resident rates & still keep it as a part of the group? I thought you had to get the group pricing to be a part of the Podcast events.

Sayhello
I don't have group pricing now -Tracey moved an OBB for me instead when we booked. 10% off and the CC OBC was a better deal. I don't see why I couldn't get it converted if that comes up - I'm still paid thru DU, which is the criteria.

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 09-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #1528
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Maybe there will be upgrades for us.

Kim
I was secretly hoping for this as well I am booked in a 9d which is the cheapest available room and there is only 10 of them and I check everyday for an upgrade since they are still selling this cat, no luck yet, Ill keep you posted If not we did get assigned one of the big corner rooms with extra floor space so win win...

As far as if gt rates or florida resident rates come up for our sailing as far as I understand by reading other threads that you can book them, but you cannot transfer an obb for further discount and obc. Yes, any ressie made through dreams qualifies as long as they havnt reached thier magic number of podcast cruisers, which I dont believe they have If gty rates are released you have to cancel current booking and pay penatly for that room as well. Sometimes cancelling and rebooking comes out to a better deal, but also factor in any obb credit..... its a game for sure Seems to be igt/vgt rates released for almost every non holiday cruise on the fantasy in the last few months for some great savings if you are willing to sail within 75 days or shorter of the booking period!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #1529
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18
As far as if gt rates or florida resident rates come up for our sailing as far as I understand by reading other threads that you can book them, but you cannot transfer an obb for further discount and obc. Yes, any ressie made through dreams qualifies as long as they havnt reached thier magic number of podcast cruisers, which I dont believe they have If gt rates are released you have to cancel current booking and pay penatly for that room as well. Sometimes cancelling and rebooking comes out to a better deal, but also factor in any obb credit..... its a game for sure Seems to be igt/vgt rates released for almost every non holiday cruise on the fantasy in the last few months for some great savings if you are willing to sail within 75 days or shorter of the booking period!
I've switched to the FLR rate twice after the penalty period & they do not charge a penalty fee . You don't get the OBB 10% off or OBC but the savings ALWAYS makes up for that. In 2010, we were booked on a 5-night DD (2A, 1C) for $5000. Fl res rates came out, my spectacular DU TA applied the code, and voila - cruise became $2400 and there was a $2600 credit that appeared on my Disney Visa & we kept the same balcony room we had originally picked. No penalty. This year, we were booked on the Dream in Feb. in an 8A. After paid in full, FLR rates came out, we upgraded to a 5A & got a $400 credit. As you can see, those beat the OBB.

This is not the same as IGT/OGT/VGT rates. Those you do pay the penalty for & I'm not interested in those! I prefer to choose my room. I want my Cat 5E room (8188) & have a "do not change room or upgrade" note on my account!!! I don't want to leave my room to chance....

Last edited by Silverfox97; 09-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #1530
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

good to know about fl residence rates.....thanks silverfox I dont blame you about the 5e rooms, they look awesome!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: