Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #496
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
This is what I walked into at work this morning ...

What a great way to start your work day!

Quote:
Once the class is completed, we get graduation Disney Institute ears!
Outstanding!!! So much better than a boring Certificate of Completion.

Quote:
I had the mostly heavenly avocado margarita!

Oh, I would love one of those right now! There are two bars within walking distance of my office, and neither one of them has ever heard of an avocado margarita. Can you imagine???

All three of your appetizers look great to me, plus I'd really like to try the Tilapia there (DD had it last time and loved it!). I am going to have quite a dilemma the next time I visit La Hacienda.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #497
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am so late to the party but what a party when one of your latest posts has the Avocado Margarita in it!
Just made my day ..... Right off to read the rest now
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #498
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
All three of your appetizers look great to me, plus I'd really like to try the Tilapia there (DD had it last time and loved it!). I am going to have quite a dilemma the next time I visit La Hacienda.
I think if you start with the margarita nothing else seems to matter, Barb!!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #499
starousse
DIS Veteran

Btw, is the margarita sweet? or does it taste more like a bittery cucumber tasting smoothie? I heard someone say that once.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #500
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good experience at La Hacienda! I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon (first experience wasn't great, and they no longer accept TIW) but it's still nice to see reviews of it.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #501
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Glad you had a good experience at La Hacienda! I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon (first experience wasn't great, and they no longer accept TIW) but it's still nice to see reviews of it.
Wait...they no longer accept TIW??? I did not know this.

ETA: Does San Angel Inn still accept it?

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #502
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wait...they no longer accept TIW??? I did not know this.

ETA: Does San Angel Inn still accept it?
San Angel Inn still accepts it, but La Hacienda doesn't. I've seen this mentioned on a few sites now (it's a very recent change that took place this month), and La Hacienda is no longer on the official list.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #503
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Your HBD meal looks good. I am hoping hubby will want to share items here though as I want to try the Cobb Salad and an entree but don't think I can eat it all for a lunch!

La Hacienda looks good as well. I don't have Mexico planned this time... Maybe next!! I think I will have to stop in La Cava to try that avacado Margarita though!
Love the Cobb Salad. A bit bummed I didn't get it this year but I really wanted to try new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Wow 2 really nice looking meals! We aren't going to HS this year but HBD makes me want to go. I have never been but the grapefruit cake looks yummy & everyone raves over it. Oh & the margaritas look incredible!! Right up mine & DH's alley.
Yes, both a very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I didn't realize your position wasn't permanent.......I think after the "Disney" touch showed up.....it's just meant to be & would be a perfect fit....hope they realize that too!!!!

La Hacienda food looks really good!! (and did the margarita!!)
Yeah, supposed to be 3-6 months but I was told that they are working on getting approval to add another permanent position. I just have to keep thinking positive good thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I really enjoy La Hacienda, too. It's nice to see it getting a good review!
I really like it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Wow that Mexican food looks amazing. I currently have a ressie for San Angel for dinner only to try the atmosphere, but might change it to here Your photos look amazing!! I am just so torn as I live in San Antonio Texas and have access to great Mexican food.
Definitely give Hacienda a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Vicki! For HBD, that grapefruit cake looks delicious! I love the decor for HBD.

For La Hacienda, sorry about the lack of service but that avocado margarita had to make it better!!! Still haven't tried one. I have tried the Botana app and liked it but I think your tacos looked great!

How exciting to get Disney Institute ears when you graduate! That's so perfect!
Yes, I love that the CU is go Disney-centric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
How cool is that?!?!

Really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I am really hoping that your job goes permanent! I think the Mickey Heads and ears are a good sign!!

Oh my gosh, I'm so easily influenced when I read the dining reviews. That Queso Fundido is calling my name and I think I'm going to make Eilee go to our local Mexican restaurant with me for dinner! LOL!! It won't be Disney but it'll have to do!

It looks like a very nice meal and that you enjoyed most everything! I love that avocado margarita as well. Mmmm...why didn't I get one of those the last time I was there?? I've never tried La Hacienda but would love to! Awesome review and glad you enjoyed it despite the less than perfect service.
I really want mexican food as well. Maybe have to go this weekend! And yes, yes. get one of those margaritas whenever you go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
That avocado margarita looks so good!
It is really good!

Quote:
What a great way to start your work day!

Outstanding!!! So much better than a boring Certificate of Completion.

Oh, I would love one of those right now! There are two bars within walking distance of my office, and neither one of them has ever heard of an avocado margarita. Can you imagine???

I smile every time I walk down the hall! DS has the tilapia last year & declared it the best he'd ever had. I was surprised he didn't want it again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am so late to the party but what a party when one of your latest posts has the Avocado Margarita in it!
Just made my day ..... Right off to read the rest now
I wish I had one now! How was Route 66?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
I think if you start with the margarita nothing else seems to matter, Barb!!
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Btw, is the margarita sweet? or does it taste more like a bittery cucumber tasting smoothie? I heard someone say that once.
It is fairly sweet, not bitter at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I am sorry your experience wasn't very good! Bummer on TIW! I have to do more research on that since I think I am getting one!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #504
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

La Hacienda is our CP restraunt, so I was excited to see another review of the place.

That avocado margarita is SOOOO calling my name!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #505
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sorry your experience wasn't very good! Bummer on TIW! I have to do more research on that since I think I am getting one!
That's okay, every restaurant has ups and downs, and this was shortly after La Hacienda opened.

Yeah, the TIW news is disappointing. For the most part, I haven't really seen restaurants 'removed' from TIW participation, so this really came out of nowhere. Overall, TIW can be used at most places, so I still think it's worth it.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #506
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

This review will be short and sweet! On our AK day, we stopped for breakfast first at Cape May Cafe, again mostly to get my Vinyl signed.

It was pretty crowded so I did not take any pictures of the buffet.

Here is my plate:

I really enjoyed everything except the frittatas. Both had a ton of onions in them and I only eat onions really caramelized. Everything else was very good though. I really enjoyed the potatos ... very well seasoned and nice and hot.

You can see how thrilled DS is ...

Ah, but there is a reason that he is the GoofySon ...

Trying hard not to smile ...

Total cost would have been $74.97. Out of pocket, this would totally not be worth it for us. We don't eat much for breakfast so $25 a person is crazy! But with the DxDDP, we enjoyed our meal and had a few fun character moments.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #507
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I had tried for weeks before our trip to get a lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti and nothing was available. Finally within a few days of our trip times popped up!

It started pouring just as we were heading there so I was very happy that we had the ADR. Here's the menu:

(sorry for the blur on this one)

DH had a beer and I tried a green apple sake ...

This was amazing! Just like drinking a granny smith apple. I have never liked sake, I think because I never tried the sweeter, flavored ones. I really liked this a lot!

For appetizer, I wanted to keep with the 'try something new' these so I ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna - chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw

Again, sorry it is so blurry. I really enjoyed this a lot as well. The tuna wasn't very fishy and picked up the flavors of the aioli. DS didn't like it at all and DH thought it was just 'ok'.

We also got the Pork Pot Stickers - pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce

DH and I each had one, DS the rest. As usual, these were very good. Not greasy, very hot.

We also got the pork egg rolls

Because DS didn't like the salad, I let him have mine. Both DH and DS proclaimed them "excellent".

For entree, I got the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce

I don't eat shrimp but gave it to DH. I really like this steak. It is very tender, well seasoned. I loved the veggies and the rice. This is the 2nd time I have had this and I really enjoyed it both times.

DS got the Baby Back Ribs - slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, sweet chili slaw

He enjoyed these. I had a small taste and really did like the BBQ sauce. It was a bit sweet but still had a nice tang. And the ribs were super tender.

DH surprised me and got the Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables

Again with the blur! I was glad he got this because I have been wanting to try Mahi Mahi. He really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good but that the fish was a bit chewy? Is that normal for Mahi?

We also shared a side order of the Wok-Fried Green Beans - battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce

We are truly love these piping hot. But as they cool off, I do think they get greasy.

Now, they did not want dessert. Huh? No way we are not getting the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle

O M G! I had these one other time and they were coldish and I didn't really enjoy them all that much. These were heavenly! I want to go back to Y&Y in November just for these and the green beans. (DS thinks I am crazy but I don't care!) I had thought we were going to share these but I ended up eating them all. Didn't even let them have one! To be honest, neither is a fan of the creamy kind of dessert unless it is cheesecake. Hands down my favorite dessert of the trip.

Total covered by the dining plan was $130.66. Total OOP for the sake, beer and green beans was $23.68.

After a disasterous first meal here (on our 2008 Mom & Son trip), we have had really great meals here. Good, solid food. It has become a must do.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #508
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal there! I am so excited to be going there for lunch a week from today You guys had a ton of food and I know you were stuffed from all that goodness. I love their potstickers there, and my DH loves the ribs too!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #509
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I am so glad you enjoyed your meal there! I am so excited to be going there for lunch a week from today You guys had a ton of food and I know you were stuffed from all that goodness. I love their potstickers there, and my DH loves the ribs too!
Yeah, none of us finished our food. We could have easily just had the appetizers and those yummy wontons! And the sake, of course!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #510
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Thanks for posting and trying the sake, I would have never known about it unless you had not tried it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: