Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Character meals November?

We go very end of November/early December and just talking today about meals. We basically have 3 evening meals to take care of (one being a special anniversary for DH and I).

We are thinking -
- Thurs eve - Cafe Mickey
- Fri eve - TBC as anniversary - we might eat on our own and my Mum will take the girls elsewhere to eat - any ideas for us / the girls?
- Sat eve - Inventions

I am quite keen to do a few character meals but don't think there will be much choice then as they are ending Cowboy Cookout and don't appear to be replacing? Are there any other character meals I have missed - other than Auberge which we have discounted this trip as we've done it to death tbh. I am also keen not to spending hours having a sit down meal during the day if the park is only open until 7 pm...

Oh and then there is the Dream VIP meal to ponder if it's still on (have discounted Cali Grill I think as not sure how the night would work if it's an early viewing!). Suppose there is Blue Lagoon but it would need to be a 'day' meal due to park opening - could go for the express menu again though which was nice!

Sorry, this is a ramble - bit confused really !

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

For a meal for jut you and DH what about manhattan? I would live to go there with just DH and I.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
DLPDreams

Thanks Leanne - I'll have a look at the menu for some inspiration. I do fancy Cali Grill (a la carte, not dreams meal) just because it is easy (in our hotel) and can have a nice park view when all lit up, but the menu totally puts me off (but I believe it will change in November so it gives me hope!).

Is Manhattan nice then? I have to say I've never even been in the HNY so have no idea...? Does it have a lake view or anything...?

Then, it's the question of where the girls can eat! I'd love them to fit in another character meal that night but there isn't one is there? I don't think Mum would like doing CM two nights running !

Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
figaro2
Mouseketeer

We are thinking of manhattan too if my mum and sis are taking the kids one night, Not sure what night to do this though, only real plan is CM for the Friday which is my sisters birthday! And we love Annette's so want to do that the first night and as a late lunch on the day we leave before we set off. X
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

We only had our breakfast in manhattan but it looked lovely and there were a few tables around the side next to windows with views I the lake.

The menu looks quiet good from what I have seen not sure how up to date the one on dlrpmagic.com is.

Sorry cant think where to recommend your kiddy winks and your mum. Planet Hollywood, Annette's, rain forest cafe x
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
DLPDreams

Thanks for the ideas! Have looked at Manhattan and also at Yacht Club at NPB which looks nice. Think I'll start a new thread and ask if anyone has eaten at the latter recently....

Figaro - hope you have a nice trip - it's nice being able to have one adult meal while away!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Thanks for the ideas! Have looked at Manhattan and also at Yacht Club at NPB which looks nice. Think I'll start a new thread and ask if anyone has eaten at the latter recently....

Figaro - hope you have a nice trip - it's nice being able to have one adult meal while away!
It is nice but having been 11 times with out Elsie I am enjoying going back to the character meals :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: