DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Selling an unused ticket or upgrading?

Ok, I've read many posts about upgrading a discounted ticket from UT into an annual pass. My dilema is our upcoming trip is for 6 days. Everyone traveling bought 6 day tickets (the 5 day with the extra day free) from UT before the price increase. I only bought the 4 day ticket as I was meeting everyone down there late night on the 2nd day of the trip. So I think it was like $20 or $30 less, but I figured why pay the extra if I don't need them. Well, now I might be able to get a day off from work, and be there for 5 days instead of 4. When I'm down there, can I add a day to my ticket, and if so, do I need to use the ticket first before adding the day? And if not, is there anywhere to sell an unused ticket from UT? I'd hate to just save it for another trip and shell out the money for a 5 day ticket now.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

You can sell the unused ticket, but it will be difficult unless its a friend.

You have to use the ticket first, them add the extra day. The cost will be nominal.

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
You can sell the unused ticket, but it will be difficult unless its a friend.

You have to use the ticket first, them add the extra day. The cost will be nominal.
Thank you. I just didn't want to have to shell out for a new 5 day day ticket. I would think selling the 4 day would be hard, as there is no proof to whether it is used or not. I'm sure I can look up the difference between a 4 day and 5 day on the disney site, but I just didn't know if you could, so thank you.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Use the ticket at least once before upgrading, but make sure you upgrade while there is still at least one day left on it. The cost to upgrade from a used 4-day pass to a 5-day pass will be $12.78 ($12 + 6.5% tax). You can do the upgrade at any ticket window, guest relations window, or Disney concierge.

If they want to charge you more than $12 + tax, ask them if they are remembering to bridge the ticket to the current gate price. If they tell you they can no longer do that, you're dealing with a cast member who doesn't have the latest information. Either ask for a supervisor or move to another window and try again.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Use the ticket at least once before upgrading, but make sure you upgrade while there is still at least one day left on it. The cost to upgrade from a used 4-day pass to a 5-day pass will be $12.78 ($12 + 6.5% tax). You can do the upgrade at any ticket window, guest relations window, or Disney concierge.

If they want to charge you more than $12 + tax, ask them if they are remembering to bridge the ticket to the current gate price. If they tell you they can no longer do that, you're dealing with a cast member who doesn't have the latest information. Either ask for a supervisor or move to another window and try again.
Thank you. Funny, I just looked up the difference and you are exactly right....$12.78 for the difference. If I had bought the same 6 day tickets as every one else from UT originally it would have been a little over $13. No big deal, I'm happy to pay it, to get the extra day with my family that I thought I was going to have to work. I will keep you advice in mind if they try to charge me more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: