Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #181
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

We are staying at WDW next month (3 of us) and will be doing a day at Universal. We're staying at ASSp and were thinking of booking Mears for the round trip shuttle for 19.00 pp rt. I noticed when I used the taxi estimator that it's about 29.00 each way so both ways come out to around 60.00, but from what I've been reading here, with a taxi you have more flexibility and they'll get you there more quickly, am I correct?? Also, my dd is from Los Angeles and would love to do a Dunkin Donuts stop on the way back since she loves DD and can't get it in California. Is this possible to do with a taxi?? Also, can I call in advance to book - like a couple of weeks before? Thanks so much.
smallworldnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #182
bobber84
Earning My Ears

What's the best way for 8 adults to get from WDW to Universal Studios? Have breakfast reservation at 8:10am at 'Ohana then would head out after that for the day.

Also, do you recommend purchasing tickets when you get to Universal?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
bobber84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #183
aharding
Earning My Ears

We are going to Disney for the first time in a few weeks. We are staying on property but are going to spend a day and Universal and a day at Sea World. What is the best way to get from property to these places? I have heard mixed reviews.
aharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #184
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharding View Post
We are going to Disney for the first time in a few weeks. We are staying on property but are going to spend a day and Universal and a day at Sea World. What is the best way to get from property to these places? I have heard mixed reviews.
We were just there in August (fam. of 3) and we took a taxi from the Boardwalk to the Hard Rock for a 1 night / 2 day stint at Universal. We just brought a duffle bag (which we left with Bell Services for the day) and it was easy peasey. The taxi cost us $38 or $39 each way plus a tip. They took credit cards so we just used that to avoid having to carry extra cash. It took about 30 minutes at 7:00 in the morning to go over. The way "home" to the Boardwalk took much longer because there was an accident but the cost was the same because they operate on a zone system. Don't know how much the trip to Sea World would be but would guess in the same ballpark probably....

We liked being on our own schedule with the taxi and not being tied to a specific time like with using a shuttle bus. When we decided we were done we just left.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #185
Embel
Mouseketeer

Our family of 6, is going to do a Disney vacation first, then go to Universal for a few days, then home. I am wondering what the best way to get 6 people (and all the luggage) from Disney to Univeral. It does not need to be round trip- just one way.
Embel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #186
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

We also took a taxi from ASMo to Universal during our trip. It cost us $36 one way and $38 coming back. To me it was well worth it. The taxi picked us up within minutes of having the CM call for it and there were several waiting in the transportation area going back. Very easy and convenient!
smallworldnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #187
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

advice please

Anyone do the Dreams Unlimited or Destinations Florida Universal 1 day 2 park with transfers from Disney package?

It costs $135.99 and they use the Mears. Just wondering the best way to visit Universal for 1 day.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #188
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
Anyone do the Dreams Unlimited or Destinations Florida Universal 1 day 2 park with transfers from Disney package?

It costs $135.99 and they use the Mears. Just wondering the best way to visit Universal for 1 day.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
I've done the DU offer before..the one with 2 parks/one day and transportation. It worked out very well. The ride home can take a bit longer, so plan accordingly.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #189
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I've done the DU offer before..the one with 2 parks/one day and transportation. It worked out very well. The ride home can take a bit longer, so plan accordingly.
Thank you, I think we will go for that!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #190
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, I think we will go for that!
You can do it all online...buy it now. Then, when you get to Orlando, you can call Mears and set up your pickup time (or I think you can do it online as well when paying for the whole thing). Then, you can either give them the time you want to leave the park then, or you can call them a few hours before you want to leave and they will tell you which shuttle time works best. It's pretty painless.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #191
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You can do it all online...buy it now. Then, when you get to Orlando, you can call Mears and set up your pickup time (or I think you can do it online as well when paying for the whole thing). Then, you can either give them the time you want to leave the park then, or you can call them a few hours before you want to leave and they will tell you which shuttle time works best. It's pretty painless.
Ok I was going to buy the tickets online. It has you enter the date you are arriving and states that the tickets are good for two weeks from that date. We are arriving on Jan 3rd and the dates only go to Dec 31 2012. If I put in Dec 31st as our arrival date we should still be ok since we plan on using them on Jan 11th. So we should be in that two week window.
My question is do the tickets I buy now expire at the end of 2012? I was worried maybe the prices change for 2013 and they won't be honored.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #192
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Ok I was going to buy the tickets online. It has you enter the date you are arriving and states that the tickets are good for two weeks from that date. We are arriving on Jan 3rd and the dates only go to Dec 31 2012. If I put in Dec 31st as our arrival date we should still be ok since we plan on using them on Jan 11th. So we should be in that two week window.
My question is do the tickets I buy now expire at the end of 2012? I was worried maybe the prices change for 2013 and they won't be honored.
You don't actually have to 'buy it now'. You can do it just before you go...shouldn't be an issue. But, yes, you should be okay with that two week window.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #193
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
You don't actually have to 'buy it now'. You can do it just before you go...shouldn't be an issue. But, yes, you should be okay with that two week window.
Thanks. I bought them and the dates are fine. I just wanted to get it paid up !! Thanks for your help.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #194
cartoon lover
Earning My Ears

What's the best option to get to and from us/ioa from WDW besides renting or taking a taxi?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #195
cartoon lover
Earning My Ears

*besides renting a car or taking a taxi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: